Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni
Quote:which Zenda then replied, so what you are saying is that should Obama fail to prosecute the torturers in Gitmo, then it would be justified for assassination teams to go after them.
No, I was *asking* if Pete's possible solution was also intended for dealing with these torturers. And no, there was no implication that it would be justified. Rather the opposite, actually. Reading carefully is harder then it looks, especially if emotion blinds your vision, isn't it?

Quote:where in order to win you need to be willing to step over that legal and moral line to bring your enemy the horror necessary to entirely demoralize them.
Funny, I would have expected that having the biggest military spending, the biggest fleet, the largest army, and the availability of even nuclear weapons would help to win wars. I thought that crossing legal and moral lines are things that (civilized) nations would only do as a last resort, like when faced by extinction by a superior enemy, for example.

Btw, who is Joshua and what is a MF?

Quote:My theory is based upon "Snakes on a Plane".
That makes sense. The problem in that movie could have been solved by simply lowering the temperature to make the snakes less aggressive. However, that would have made a boring movie, which is not good for profits.

Messages In This Thread
Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni - by Zenda - 05-31-2009, 02:29 PM