Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni
Quote:Here are some questions you might clear up about the "leak"
Those exact same questions were asked (and more or less answered) in comments to the piece. I certainly agree with you though, that a professor 'teaching' future military personnel like this is almost too absurd to be true. Then again, it could explain the presence of so many 'bad apples';)

Regarding WikiLeaks, I never saw the site before finding that text. I have no experience with their credibility, and that's why I checked the same sources as you did. However, I doubt the purpose is to 'feed the outrage of the jihadis' (About Wikileaks):

"Our primary interest is in exposing oppressive regimes in Asia, the former Soviet bloc, Sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East, but we are of assistance to people of all nations who wish to reveal unethical behavior in their governments and corporations."

Quote:I haven't found anywhere that it has been clearly deemed a fake, but I still might.
If you do, be sure to let me know. Wikileaks itself might be interested too. It would also be useful to see other lectures on interrogation techniques (or similar material), to determine if this was an exceptional case or not (if real).

Quote:they should just threaten to let them loose in the general prison population of any US federal prison. If you think the torturers were harsh, you've no idea what happens in a federal prison. I'd talk, no, actually, I'd spill my guts until they allowed me to be locked up in some other more sympathetic population of prisoners.
From what I heard, the things that happen in US federal prisons are not things to be proud of, yes, but that's another discussion. You can't put someone in a US prison without a trial, and trials are hard to win when the suspect is already tortured. As a result, some subjects are transferred to places that are even worse then US federal prisons.

Quote:torture via rendition has been practiced by all of our allies including Canada and the UK, and directly by many.
It isn't often that I can stand up for my country, but ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights

"Only a very few countries do not commit significant human rights violations, according to Amnesty International. In their 2004 human rights report (covering 2003), the Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Costa Rica are the only (mappable) countries that did not (in their opinion) violate at least some human rights significantly."

Messages In This Thread
Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni - by Zenda - 06-02-2009, 02:15 PM