HollOween
I actually thought of dressing up as the Phoenix Connection from CS. But then I decided that since I'm at college and likely to be doing homework on that Friday night, I'm going to dress up as myself.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
lol Doc and NiteFox, I sympathize with your misfortune but I couldn't help but laugh my ass off from your remarks :D.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
It is kinda funny. I mean, it's not funny... All the of the mayhem and the hurting... But yes, the comments are kinda funny.

The shotgun is filled with rocksalt, but the rest of the guns have live ammo.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Where do you live?
WWBBD?
I'm not exactly sure where Doc lives, but from his posts here and on RBD, it would seem he's a Southerner. I can sympathize, as I grew up in Louisiana and heard of some very sick things through the grapevine, but I spent most of my 'teen years' in Baton Rouge (or way out in Tennessee), so I never had the opportunity to witness anything of that sort first-hand. And frankly, I'm grateful for that.

Doc, my best wishes go out to you. I hope no fools decide to mess with ya. :angry:
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
I do the same. Except I dress as a stark black and white Harlequin, and hand out treats with some good friends at either our house or theirs. My costume, and the make-up just really freaks the kids out. I think its the clown thing, and it is so very real. Every year my friends dress as grotesque ghouls or witches and the kids are fine with that, it's my Harlequin that makes them cry.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

TaiDaishar,Oct 27 2003, 06:51 PM Wrote:eh... who's Quail Man?
Hail Tai,

I believe Quailman was Doug Funnie, wearing a belt on his head, and his underwear over his shorts. Also, he liked beets.

As for me, I'll be wearing the same, five-dollar mask I picked up in the sixth grade. It's a weird hybrid of a tree man (think LOTR) and a goblin. Woot.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!
There's a logic to that that gets lost by most folks who opt for a "scary" clown costume for Halloween. You can have your "Psycho Circus" or Insane Clown Posse copycats and wannabes flaunt about in the night, but they're not really scary. Because everyone knows that such "scary clowns" are just playacting. They try too hard to be scary and over-the-top with their antics.

It's the fellow who dresses up in the conventional, "happy" carnival clown getup that's the real frightener. Because everyone genuinely thinks that a guy who makes that choice for a Halloween outfit, from among the infinite variety of costumes that exist out there in the world, is truly and undeniably NUTS!!! ;)

Nothing rings the alarm bells in the head louder than a guy trying very, very hard to gain your absolute trust... so nothing is creepier than a stranger trying his hardest to be your new best friend. Clowns fit that bill perfectly, and that's what makes kids become scared of them.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
I guess. I always try to go for neither funny clown, nor evil clown. The costume is white, black, and a black and white diamond pattern and was based on a classic Harlequin from an antique deck of playing cards. It has a black and white diamond pattern neck frill, wrist frills, and shin frills. The frills all end with jingle bells. The hat is the classic Jester hat, with part solid white, part solid black, and part the black and white diamond pattern.

For face paint I aim for something like a Theatrical Porcelain mask.

So I guess rather than being designed scary, or happy which is within their realm to deal with. This character is almost expressionless.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I actually enjoyed that show (Doug). You are accurate about the quail man thing, but he liked the band called The Beets, which, looking back, were a parody of the Beatles.
<span style="color:red">Now lounging in the Amazon Basin.
gimlisam,Oct 30 2003, 07:42 PM Wrote:but he liked the band called The Beets
Hail Gim,

I stand corrected. If I recall, wasn't the #1 hit song of The Beets "Killer Tofu?"

*oOo-WEE-oOo...KILLER TOFU...oOo-WEE-oOo-KILLER TOFU!*

I can't believe I just typed/sang/thought of that.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!
I didn't dress up for halloween, but my son did.

[Image: halloween.jpg]

He got lots of candy. Unfortunately much of it is inedible for him, due to a lack of enough teeth. I guess I'll be munching on caramels and peanut M&Ms for the next few weeks. The lollipops and chips are his.

Halloween is tons of fun when you have a little one to share it with.
Heh, you and your little guy were in exactly the same place this halloween that I was - a supermarket. I had to work. I've missed - count 'em - the last FIVE halloweens on account of having a hockey game. This year? Work. I preferred missing them for hockey. Oh well, the big party's tomorrow, so I've still got a lot to look forward too! :rolleyes:
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II