Regarding Diablo MOD's
Hey, its me Nick[LOTR] this will be my lurker lounge ID for now on. I was looking at the MOD workshop and it was looking very confusing. Do I need to have knowledge of programming in order to make a MOD or is there an easy step by step proscess? Me and my friend are thinking about making a Dragon Lance MOD and we have no programming knowledge what so ever. Are there tutorial's and what not on it? It seems very confusing and some help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

I actually had this ID before I had Nick[LOTR] i had signed up for the lurkerlounge and never had used it. I guess i had forgotten about it and signed up for nick[lotr] instead. Well, who ever is admin, feal free to delete Nick[LOTR] and all the threads under that alias.
You can get mod makers from henjos diablo page these are easy to use but are a bit buggy. You could get hexeditor but this is very complicated to use. I am not sure of the site to get hexeditor but just google for henjos page.
"Darkness and evil shall fall back to the burning hells within and light shall rule the lands of the good."
You also might consider visiting the Phrozen Keep. or the associated Phrozen Forums. The site is devoted to supporting the Diablo and DII modding community. They have a series of tools and guides on how to do certain things, but there's no step by step guide to generate a mod from beginning to end (modding is like creative writing, you can't go from someone else's blueprint and have something that's really yours).

Good luck with your new prison, I mean project...

Edit: sorry, wrong link. The new one should be more up to date...
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Depends on what you want to do. Do you want to just change monsters, uniques, and base item types? That's simple and only requires a hex editor. Do you want to make drastic changes to the way spells and monsters behave in addition to re-working the dungeon generation reoutines? That is considerably harder to do than editing tables. You need to have knowledge of assembly and the ability to code your own changes. Not for the faint of heart.

If you don't understand why there are A, B, C, D, E, and F in numbers and what it means, then you really need to study the basics of hex editing and what hex truly is ;-)

Selby
Aight, thank you guys. I've looked at all this stuff and I have no idea what it means. And making a MOD that just changes a few things isn't really worth it. Maybe one day when I learn programming talk ill actually try and tackle this obstacle but for now, ill just sit back, and play some good ol' diablo. Thanks for the help anyways.

Peace,
Nick