Questions about hellfire
That Messy's Reaver is a perfect weapon! I once saw the following combination of gear on a sorcerer. You could try it, pretty effective I would say:

Gotterdamerung
Messerschmidt's Reaver
Naj's Light Plate
3 x Obsidian jewel of the Zodiac

That actually would be a "pretty effective" setup for a sorcerer. :) Not necessarily the most efficient (OK, not even close!), but plenty of magic/mana, strength, a bit of stealth, and lots of damage for triple immunes. You even get a freebie spell level. The only thing important that is missing is resistances, but one can learn to cope with that.

For any other class, it would be downright horrendous. Although in single player/normal difficulty, it would be very effective. Only in the higher difficulties would it really start to suck.
Nystul,Aug 16 2003, 11:48 PM Wrote:Gotterdamerung
Messerschmidt's Reaver
Naj's Light Plate
What would be the point of having obs-zods considering that the Gotterdamerung would count them out ?
>What would be the point of having obs-zods considering that the Gotterdamerung would count them out ?
Posing ;)
Well I'd recommend some DragZod when using GotterDammerung.
My current lv36 HighAC WindForce-Rogue uses GotterDammerung and it's pretty funny, cause you've got qulte a lot of extra prefixes when you don't have to worry about resists. On the other hand it can be a pain in the ass in hell *g*
Quote:the Langolier posted:
That Messy's Reaver is a perfect weapon! I once saw the following combination of gear on a sorcerer. You could try it, pretty effective I would say:

Gotterdamerung
Messerschmidt's Reaver
Naj's Light Plate

What would be the point of having obs-zods considering that the Gotterdamerung would count them out ?

Examine the context: Lang is calling Messy, which can hit absolutely nothing in higher difficulties, the perfect weapon. He said he saw a Sorcerer using a melee axe in concert with caster armor. Gotter effectively cancels out the resists from Naj and three Obs jewels. Moreover, Gotter's an AC helm; it doesn't go with Naj (paper bag AC).

The outfit and the creature wearing it are a walking contradiction. He was mocking it.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
My account name for my warrior (who just so happens to be a mule now) Is nameless[NES] and I almost always get on us east

Nomad25055 ;)

EDIT: My name is now Nameless(BH) I am a member of the Bounty Hunters and while it may not be the best occupation I do get to take out cheaters which is a very nice bonus.B)
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad