I just finished Deus Ex.
Hong Kong

Explore every nook and crannie before going forwards with the mission objectives. Look especially around the ships and the police station. (The code for the door is 911, I think.)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Is there really an active countdown in gametime of how long I have until my killswitch goes off?
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
I don't think so. I'm quite sure there isn't a countdown. However, you will not need 12 hours in Hong Kong. The level is big, but not that big.

Jock's appartment is next to Maggie Chow. Enter via an elevator. You need Jock's key though.
IIRC, Jock's apartment is across the street from Maggie Chow's place, not next to it. And there are quite a few ways to go about getting in.
See you in Town,
-Z
Next to, across.. You say potato.. ;)

The point is, you get to play with your pilot's underwear while he's away dodging MJ12 defense-systems :P

In the bar where there's a guy selling you blueprints. Go behind the bar, behind the restaurant-part of the bar and into the freezer. Jump up on some crates in the middle of the room, and open a vent. Follow the path to a collapsed tunnel. Explore tunnel for augmention and weapon upgrades. (watch out for the 4-legged creatures.)
pakman,Aug 1 2003, 03:42 PM Wrote:First question, what is an MiB? Man in Black&nbsp; <_< ?&nbsp; Would a shoutgun with some sabot shellshelp to take out aforementioned MiB?&nbsp; Hmmm...this sounds like one of those time where I need to put some loud music in my CD player (read Dropkick Murphys, Trapt: Still Frame is my favorite song, Taproot, etc...) and just take it as it goes.&nbsp; Bah! Why do I have work today! And why did I schedule a haircut! I hate real life! (not really :P)

I had the experience of getting my butt perforated by Navarre.&nbsp; My shotgun rounds didn't go where I told them to at the castle thing.&nbsp; I think I might have to turn on my ballistic protection aug and actually use some of my augs :P
MIB killing 101:

Stun them with the stealth pistol, from the cover of a vent. 10-12 shots should kill them.

Give them a couple of rounds from the sawed-off shotgun in the head, also from the cover of a vent.

Run around with master rifles, and empty an assault rifle clip in their head.

Use a GEP gun.

Use a LAM.

Set them on fire, and just shoot them.

Prod them 3 times in the back.

***Best method for taking them out.***

Give them a 3006 bullet to the back of the neck (Master rifles). All MIBs have an "eye" tattooed there. Shoot in the part of the neck where you can see the skin, and they will go down without a fight.
"One day, o-n-e day..."
When I escaped from the MJ12 facility, I had to kill and MiB. He ate about 3 clips of 7.62. I have found numerous GEP guns, but never have the room to carry them, oh well <_<.

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
I found that freezer yesterday by the bar in the canal. I also found that collapsed tunnel, but not the way you mention, I found it from the front, but couldn't get in because it was blocked <_<. Then my computer quit on me.

Chicago wargaming club
pakman,Aug 5 2003, 12:15 PM Wrote:When I escaped from the MJ12 facility, I had to kill and MiB.&nbsp; He ate about 3 clips of 7.62.&nbsp; I have found numerous GEP guns, but never have the room to carry them, oh well <_<.
Master rifles is your friend. With a few accuracy/recoil mods, all the bullets fired from the assault rifle will hit the guy square on the head. With 3 damage per bullet, one clip of 36 rounds, or so is enough.

To get to the canal, you have to go to the freezer, climb the stack of crates, and get into the vent. Then, follow the path into the sunken area. To your left is a body with an aug upgrade canister. I suggest getting the (Un)holy sword, before tackling the little ankle-biters in the area.
"One day, o-n-e day..."
Just FYI, I talked to Warren Spector at a panel today, and the Deus Ex movie is a go, with a first draft of the script in hand. Apologies if this is old news. He also said a KOTOR plague in his office may slow down the release of Deus Ex 2. :)
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Do they know who'll star in the movie?
I didn't hear anything about that. I'll ask Warren.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
All of this talk prompted me to start up Deus Ex again... but I've run into a problem.

Just went throught he sewers, talked to the mole people, etc. I'm SUPPOSED to take the elevator up at the end of this level, I believe. But I somehow pushed the button without being inside. It raised up about 3 feet and then just got stuck there.

If I'm supposed to be on that thing to exit the level, there's not a chance. I've tried everything (even picking up a couch and using it to try and climb up into the elevator) to no avail. Have I missed something crucial and it's NOT the exit.... or do I need to search for a cheat code to move onto the next area?

Edit: Scratch that. Found a sewer access. Screw the elevator!
See you in Town,
-Z
:lol:

Deus Ex redeems itself that way. There might be bugs, but just like the actual game, there are several ways to get around them ;)
Because of the talk on here I decided to go out and buy Deus Ex 2 weeks ago. I just finished watching the endings. What an amazing playing experience. I can't wait until the next one comes out in December. Thanks everyone for clueing me in on such a great game.
Malo,Aug 20 2003, 10:41 AM Wrote:Because of the talk on here I decided to go out and buy Deus Ex 2 weeks ago. I just finished watching the endings. What an amazing playing experience. I can't wait until the next one comes out in December. Thanks everyone for clueing me in on such a great game.
I firmly believe it is one of the greatest, if not the greatest game I have ever played. I pity those who've never been in any position to the enjoy the game; luckily, you don't fall into that category of people any more, Malo :)

I am (obviously) also very eager to get my filthy hands on the sequel. I wonder which ending they'll go with. Although it would be neat both to start all over again, or to be a god, I think the "Illuminati ending" is the one which best renders itself to a sequel.

If you could start the game with 3 campaigns, each following the 3 endings of the first game, then ... well, I'm lost for words, but it would be 'good.' ;)