Free shots at Nico
And I was going to throw in Nefarious Spelling/Grammar Nazi.

Oh well..

*runs*
Lurking Iron Dog? Lurking Ferile Dog?

I'd say that at least you suggest one thing: you seem to be from Kurast! :)

(Since you are from Kurast, a quick Q: Are Asheera's "up front assets" real or not? Inquiring minds want to know!)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jul 25 2003, 06:32 PM Wrote:Are Asheera's "up front assets" real or not?  Inquiring minds want to know!
I think it's silicon, or she stuck a few fetishes in there...
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Maybe she has a fetish fetish. :blink:
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
For the future, some things are better left unsaid.
-TheDragoon
Bad call Wiccan. You should have picked up from the response to Ghostiger that flaming isn't welcome; you've just gone up a step from there.
-El
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
Hail Occhi,

I believe `ferus' means `wild', and it is `ferreus' that means `made of iron' - or at least, that's what my etymological dictionary said when I looked up ferrocity ;)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Ferrum. Latin for iron, isn't it?
In my mind, my dreams are real. No one's concerned about the way I feel.
I thought of another one this morning.

Tipsy Lurker

Two reasons. The constant helm tipping is one.

The other? Some of Nico's posts must have been written when he's drunk.

*runs away laughing maniacally*
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Quote:Lurking Ferile Dog?

For a second there, I saw Lurking Fertile God. I wonder, are there any fertile gods on the Lurker Lounge? Or are some rhetorical questions better left ignored?

Quote:(Since you are from Kurast, a quick Q: Are Asheera's "up front assets" real or not? Inquiring minds want to know!)

I'm more concerned about the poor snake. Also, the villager's accents range from sultry American-ish like Asheera, to Mestizo-ish (Spanish/South American Indian) like Hratli, and Alkor sounds a lot like the doctor from Courage, the Cowardly Dog. Darth Ormus, anyone?

Now, I recently finished Icewind Dale, and in one of the more funkier dungeons there lies an odd cult of happy people, and snakes are involved in it too. Those villagers are waaaayyyy too happy for people who got kicked out of their park, uptown, downtown, and Wal-Bazaar. I think the snake has something to do it.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Hail Rataxes,

Correct, but the word for an object made of iron is different to the name for the metal itself: if he were an iron dog, it would be ferreus rather than ferrum.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Yeah, that's it. I was a bit tired (and cranky too, I guess!) when I wrote that post. And (to whoever it was that asked) don't worry about me feeding the trolls (The lettuce was laced with poison and the beef was infected with Mad Cow's Disease, :lol: ).

Oh! I heard a joke about that recently. Don't know if other people will find it funny, but my mom thought it was hilarious.

*Ahem*

They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken

By the way, type in 'bryanf.com/fun' in the address bar and look at EVERYTHING. Even if the title on the side may not seem funny, it really is! He added "Headache" recently and I just now looked at it. Laughed out loud. Anyway, cheerio!

Greetings,
Refrigerator

EDIT: Oh yeah, I guess that's why I missed that big long definition in your faq, Elric. Just too tired. Maybe you should put the font to 74. :lol: Then I'd see it for sure. ;)
Poor snake? Snake seems more than pleased, but the resolution is 600 X 800, so maybe I missed a tell tale facial expression.

The poster who opined silicon failed to point out whether the silicon was in the chipset or in an asset.

As to snake cults, friends of mine who now live in Richmond, VA, used to teach in Beckley, West VA. Their experiences with folks who practice snake rituals is rather interesting, and IIRC were captured in a play that she wrote some 15 or 20 years ago, and that got performed, at least locally, in the Richmond area.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jul 24 2003, 09:53 PM Wrote:Not a Hell Hound, but you got my bad inside joke perfectly!  :) 

The Hell Hounds, Tempus was one and the baddest of them all originally, were the eight "elite" bodyguard sorts the Kittykat brought down with him from Ranke, IIRC.  I need to find those books, they are so good.  Lynn Abbey recently published another yarn in the form of a novel, focusing on Molin Torcholder and some other folks in Sanctuary.  Pretty good story, 10 or 15 years later.  The followers of Dyreela figure in it prominently.
...by Lynne Abbey is in my car , "Thieves World : Sanctuary" , I'm a few chapters in and so far I think its fantastic - go get a copy now !! :P

OOps ! Sorry for drifting OT ;) ! Congrats , Nico , unfortunately I came to this topic too late too contribute anything worthwhile ;) ! (Pete's a 'Bot ?!? :blink: )
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
wow - I totally forgot about Landru! Was it that long ago? (I know, nobody remembers me - trust me, I've been blowing coffee and soda all over my keyboard(s) reading y'all's posts for what seems like a lifetime.)
Welcome to the Lounge. Hope you brought your portable bomb shelter. - Roland
Nicodemus Phaulkon,Jul 25 2003, 10:50 AM Wrote:"Canis Lurkus Ferus"
Great choice, Nico ! I like it. :)

And congrats to Ducky for snagging the helm. I like my fedora too much to even think of changing my style over to a helm, but it doubtless suits her just as well as my hat suits me. :P

*tips fedora........and heads back to the cottage*

P.S. Nothing like a break from the computer to hone one's crokinole skills again. Anyone up for a match? I play a mean game of beach bocce too. B)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Hi,

I play a mean game of beach bocce too.

If you've got a set, you should try beach croquette. Put the wickets so the field runs from the wet sand to the dry sand. The most fun frustrating game played outdoors :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Pete,Aug 7 2003, 09:35 AM Wrote:If you've got a set, you should try beach croquette.  Put the wickets so the field runs from the wet sand to the dry sand.  The most fun frustrating game played outdoors :)
I think I have most of a croquet set hanging in the boat house.

To add to the 'interest' of the game, the bay has a very gradual slope to it, such that a two inch seiche can claim a good 40 feet of beach real estate. It could be quite interesting to play under such conditions, eh? Every twenty minutes the shots changing from mostly dry to damp to wet and back again...

I like it. B)

Thanks for the idea Pete :)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake