Any good games out there?
pakman,Jul 10 2003, 12:19 PM Wrote:Picked up the Half-Life Platinum Pack. (vlt)
*Shrugs*

Yeah, my bad. I forgot that Generation had a different name outside the UK.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
I'm surprised ANYONE still remembers that. ;)

Yes, I WAS working on such a project. Long ago and far away, as the saying goes. That project got put on the back burner, indefinitely, MANY months ago. Probably more like a year ago or more. I found that I did not have the skill to create the module to my expectations, and so I put it off until such time that I could do so. Of course, back then there were still tremendous bugs with the toolset, some of which did in fact hamper my abilities. A great deal has changed since then and now, and there are far more utilities, tutorials, and the like available to those who seek them. Mayhap some day I shall resurrect that little gem, and finish it. But don't hold your breath. ;)

One thing to note: Get your copy now. ;) I wouldn't be surprised if Vivendi / Blizzard shut down that module in short order. Wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last. Just a little tip.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Oh no, not enough disclaimers, or the "intellectual property" issue of the Diablo back story.

I would have thought that a tribute would be a compliment, not reason for retalliation.
It's not as if you are making money off of the Mod . . .

*Sigh*
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Ryethe,Jul 2 2003, 09:40 PM Wrote:... No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.S Way is on of my favourite FPS in recent memory.  Great atmosphere.  Makes you feel like you're in a Bond movie. ...
Alas, it also awakened the dark side of my psyche. I am one to loathe the sport of hunting, for I have qualms at the killing of a creature that bears no malice towards me. But here I am: tranking enemies with a sleep gas grenade, pulling the Tommy gun from their hands, then emptying half of the drum into their head just for the fun of it...

...then again, the enemy in question are murderous mimes. It's a natural reaction, no? ;)
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Just trying to keep you in mind :P I bought NWN too late to get it, but I sure remember you guys talking about it over at RBD. :)
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Two more:

While digging through my Old Games Bag©, I found my copy of Darkstone. This was a wonderfully underappreciated Diablo clone. It was released before D2, and it shows. The graphics are completely polygonal, so they're fairly ugly by today's standards, but you can pan and tilt the camera to your liking. You can also spelunk with two characters -- you actively control one, while the other follows you around and attacks nearby enemies. You can switch between the characters at will, which is good because sometimes the AI can be pretty dumb. It's wonderfully engrossing for those times when you just want to kill things instead of thinking.

Also, my cousin bought the new Hulk game the other day. Since her computer is on the fritz (some weird DirectX corruption, I think) she brought it over to my place to test-run it. It is a pretty darn cool console-style beat-em-up. I say console style because the control layout is very simple: 4 buttons for movement, and keys for Jump, Punch, Action/Grab, "Gamma", and Targeting. It's obvious that the game was designed to "fit" on a console controller. Most of the game-time I've seen consists of you playing the Hulk, who gets to run around and decimate army troopers, pick up and throw cars at Gamma Dogs©, and generally bust things up, but there are a few "levels" where you play as Banner, and must (so far) sneak into different facilities. These levels aren't nearly as deep as Thief II or even Deus Ex, but they're a nice change from the smash-em-up Hulk pace. Banner levels also have puzzle-type influences, as computer hacking involves you manipulating letter sequences under a timer. I didn't find them all that hard, but it may be frustrating for younger gamers or those who don't have very fast reflexes. I wouldn't rate th Hulk up there with the best games, but it sure is fun beating the crap out of little tan-uniformed guys. B)
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
I finally got a copy of Deus Ex. I couldn't find one in the stores, so i asked my friend if he could burn me a copy, instead, he gave me his copy. w00t! I will have to install and play it tonight. :)

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Why would anyone willingly give away their copy of Deus Ex?

I think your friend has bats in the belfry. :P
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Lol. He said he didn't want it anymore, but hey, I'll take it :D

Chicago wargaming club