The Lounge Has Been Throttled
--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Actually, the server was OK with it.....the bandwidth I had available was not. I ran max bandwidth for three days. Completely maxed out for three days solid!!!
--Mav
Solostaran,Jun 30 2003, 10:08 AM Wrote:Anyway, did you end up going with globat.com?  I have heard quite a few problems with globat spamming their costumers.
Well, spam is something I live with anyway, getting 50-60 spam emails to bolty@lurkerlounge.com a day. The price of making "friends" online is that they sign you up for spam lists of all kinds. I use Cloudmark's anti-spam software so the more, the merrier! I never see it anyway ;)

Now, if it starts up on the other lurkerlounge.com emails my collegues here use, well, sorry guys. Didn't know. I highly recommend SpamNet by Cloudmark to save you time.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
The spam/virus killer on my email gateway that my ll account forwards to kills off 6-800 spams/day, and catches 15-20 viruses/day, so I don't worry about spam, either...
--Mav
Performance is fine

Are you out of pocket Bolty?
Bolty,Jun 30 2003, 09:17 PM Wrote:Well, spam is something I live with anyway, getting 50-60 spam emails to bolty@lurkerlounge.com a day.
Hopefully it turns out to be no problem then! It does seem to be slightly faster by the way.
Brista,Jun 30 2003, 07:18 PM Wrote:Are you out of pocket Bolty?
Always been, yes, but the Lurkers here have, throughout, been incredible with donations to the cause so that it doesn't cost me a dime financially. See the donate page, which I need to update. I'm going to try to get some money back from Nexpoint - did I mention that they brought this "you're sucking too much bandwidth" issue only AFTER I had JUST paid for another year of hosting? Nice move.

I have not yet officially canceled with Nexpoint - I want to make sure everything is running smoothly here 100% first.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Word up Bolty,

Does this mean the members who were already signed up get that neat "charter member" thingy under their names? No? Well, okay then.....
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!
Prem,

That only applied to the old forum software. This new software is database driven and will never have that Charter Member stuff.

-Bolty