Looking for sales data
Alright, I've been googling for about an hour now without much luck. I am looking for sales data for the graphics card industry. I would like info on number of cards (or chips) sold in a quarter (or some other period), total sales, market share for product lines or companies, etc. Stuff like that. I don't need all of it (though that would be nice) and there are other data points I am interested in but I was hoping that if I could at least find a source for some of it, I might be able to dig some other stuff up. It would be nice to have a 10 year history as well.

Some of what I want to see is what segement (the sub $100 cards, the $100-$200 cards, etc) sells the best for the industry. Finding the historical price points isn't too hard, finding the sales data has been.

Here and there I can find info in this or that news release about market share and sales for this quarter and that quarter. I also obviously have access to all the data that specific manufactures have on their respective websites, but some of them are no longer in existance (3Dfx). So, I was hoping for some data from outside analysis that I just haven't been having any luck with.

If you're wondering, I am in an information technology economy class this summer and we have some reports/presentations to do. Since it is a summer class and a 4 week one at that, data gather time is short, I doubt I could use the US postal service to get info. We just got the assignment outlines yesterday and the first presentation is on Friday (end of the 3rd week). Obviously we don't have to be super in depth but I do need some data.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
SEC?
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
pakman,Jun 25 2003, 08:14 AM Wrote:Haveyou tried the actual company websites that make the cards?  It may not be all the cards on the market, but it could be a start.  Usually companies will post the quarterly and annual reports.
Gnollguy Wrote:I also obviously have access to all the data that specific manufactures have on their respective websites, but some of them are no longer in existance (3Dfx). So, I was hoping for some data from outside analysis that I just haven't been having any luck with.

I realize you're trying to help, but it would be nice if you read my entire post first.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.