Most ironically useless items...
The most ironically useless item I can think of is anything of Worth. They're all completely worthless. :P

EDIT: Spelling :angry:
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Found a magic colossus blade once. Was happy. +1 to max damage. Pissed is the feeling that came after.
--- ALnitak --->

Dexazon-devoted single player

Artemis - level 99 windexazon - 673 dex so far (reachable goal : 737 dex)
I found a perfect cruel pike (not war pike or whatever that other version is called) of the Lamprey... (I think it was of the Lamprey...) :wacko:
The other annoying thing was a godly leather armor of self-repair... and it was ethereal. If only it was Sacred Armor...
Perhaps we should have another one of these contests post-1.10?

Would we want to see a Rare-only, Craft-only? Worst Cubed Item?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Right now my Open crossbow-wielding Assassin (I'm not yet far advanced in the Assassin community to go around giving the playstyle a perfectly esoteric name) has sitting in her stash a two-socket Wirt Leg. I'm going to apply the Strength runeword to it should both Fortune and Insanity grant me the oppurtunity.

And then, when Wirt's Revenge is fully satisfied, it shall be used to enter the Moo Moo Farm, sacrificed in a manner much how like I used to leave rings at the isolated grave in D1 to appease the gods and grant me great fortune in the trial ahead. Then again, in Sanctuary there is but one god, and his name is Murphy. He doesn't answer prayers and appeals, but instead takes your name and sell them to telemarketer lists. <_<
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
IIRC, runewords will not work in Wirt's Leg. I haven't tried it for myself, but I seem to recall seeing a screenie posted once (not here at the LL, I believe it was at the AB) by someone who had tried to make a "Fury" Wirt's Leg but ended up with only the individual rune bonuses.

Of course, this was quite a while ago; it may have changed since, and I'm sure someone will be happy to correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
A L72 required pair of chain gloves with the most wonder of mods L1 poison Nova charges!

See picture here
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
One ironically useless item I burdened myself with was a Holy Thunder runeword. I was so pleased when my Pally found a war scepter with +3 holy shock, 4 sockets, as well as 2 other skills on it(I don't remember what the other skills were). I figured that Holy Thunder would make a good PI killer for him.

Lo and behold, after its first use, I noticed the repair cost was rather large. Around 800K IIRC. That was with full charges. I decided to use the charges just for kicks; the repair cost was over 8 mil gold when all were used.

That item was rather useless, and the irony is I bothered to make it myself. *Sigh*

I have seen screenshots of crafted items with lvl reqs over 99(mostly gloves). It would be pretty ironic to make craft an awesome set of gloves, only to get some bonespirit(or somesuch) charges on it, raising the req to lvl 103.