Most ironically useless items...
Mine that I can think of are a septic something of vileness. The prevent monster heal is not needed with the vileness part. The other was in a mod that has a prefix just for damage to undead, in addition to the other prefix that adds damage and AR. It was a soulcrusher warhammer, which gave me 150% damage to undead... :P
My sword barb found a dirk that granted + 1 to combat mastery tab...which would have been cool if dagger class weapons were included in sword mastery. It should be BLADE mastery. maybe blizzard will fix that for 1.10. Or maybe not.... :huh:
1. The +1 Mana Ring

It eats a ring slot and does nothing for you. Sell it, and you may be able to buy something useful, such as a Town Portal tome or something along those lines.

2. As for Ironically bad things, I find that any "Iron" item of "____" may as well not have the Iron on the front: the AR bonus is pretty useless. However, it can help a clvl 1 or 2 character who is not adding anything to Dexterity, I suppose.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
"Mechanic's", "Artisan's", and "Jeweller's". They do what was already done, what can be added upon via quest reward or recipe, and only serve to dilute out the affix pool.

I have a question: I once got an Ethereal of Self Repair. How does that work?
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
High-level crafted gloves with freezing arrow, charged strike, or lightning strike charges. This combination can cause the required level for the item, for all classes except the class which naturally has the skill, to be over 100, and hence unusable. Also, bone spirit charges on crafted amulets (level requirement becomes 94).

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones I run into.
Rhydderch Hael,Jun 19 2003, 05:32 PM Wrote:I have a question: I once got an Ethereal of Self Repair. How does that work?
It is potentially godly - as long as you don't let the item break

For instance, a Cruel weapon does 301-400% base damage

An ethereal Cruel weapon does 301-400% * 1.5 base damage

..... but it breaks

.....unless

..... ;)
Brista,Jun 19 2003, 10:27 AM Wrote:It is potentially godly - as long as you don't let the item break

For instance, a Cruel weapon does 301-400% base damage

An ethereal Cruel weapon does 301-400% * 1.5 base damage

..... but it breaks

.....unless

..... ;)
Aye. In my case, however, it was a mere dagger (my first plays with my first character in LoD).
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Rhydderch Hael,Jun 19 2003, 12:32 PM Wrote:"Mechanic's", "Artisan's", and "Jeweller's". They do what was already done, what can be added upon via quest reward or recipe, and only serve to dilute out the affix pool.
I actually like and use a number of armour items with those prefixes. I tend to save my Larzuk quest rewards for use in Hell mode, when I finally find an item that is worthy of squandering my socket quest on. In the interim, for example, I have a character wearing a three socketed (Ral, Ort, Ort) armour of the Squid. My Act 2 mercenaries often wear three or four socket armour of Stability or Swords. A rogue mercenary can go far with a plain Jewellers armour.

It may dilute the affix pool in one way, but it makes decent resists available for many lower level or item poor characters.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

+1 Def charms. pointless. Absolutely pointless. Only 'value' they present, is to combine with 3 chips and cube a different charm. You know for a fact, you CANNOT do worse. lol
Why do I park my car in the driveway, then drive on the parkway?
Well the Sur rune has no point at all for its rediculous rarity....

And I've seen a Phase Blade of Ages before :D
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Quote:For instance, a Cruel weapon does 301-400% base damage

It's from 201%-300% with the ethereal inherent bonus of 50% to BASE damage so a 50 avg (without the ethereal bonus) ethereal cruel (300%) will be 50*1.5*3

Honestly I have no idea why I'm telling all of this since you all probably know this but I just got up from sleep and the sleep don't want to go away :)
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Rhydderch Hael,Jun 19 2003, 12:32 PM Wrote:"Mechanic's", "Artisan's", and "Jeweller's". They do what was already done, what can be added upon via quest reward or recipe, and only serve to dilute out the affix pool.
Oh, I don't know. I thought my Jeweler's Monarch of the Mammoth with 2 pdiamonds and 2 Um runes was some sort of good. Granted, that's about the only place I like it, since armour and helms just have ridiculously good uniques and runewords available. The jeweler's prefix is particiularly annoying on non-staff/sceptre weapons due to the lack of four rune runewords. Runewords are my favourite feature, I hope to Hell there's a good six dozen new ones in 1.1. Probably the best part of the Zy-el mod is the 900 or so runewords; you can always find (through experimentation, but the rune drop rates support this) a useful runeword for any item with any number of sockets.

Yes, I've played way too many mods, so sayeth The Hermit.

"You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day, and to them, it's the holocaust." Tool - Disgustipated
Didn't it used to be possible to find a wand with a skill bonus to Poison Dagger?

-- CH
Quilted Armor of Simplicity

Yes! Yes! Finally my Sorceress can use an armor without investing a single point in STR! Oh, wait... I have to be level 25 to use it.
In my mind, my dreams are real. No one's concerned about the way I feel.
Everyone mentions liking it on armor, but can one help but not deny the frustration of a weapon or shield that bears this?

How about this for 1.10: "Mechanic's" to "Jeweller's" applies to body armor only...
Rhydderch Hael,Jun 19 2003, 08:52 PM Wrote:Everyone mentions liking it on armor, but can one help but not deny the frustration of a weapon or shield that bears this?

How about this for 1.10: "Mechanic's" to "Jeweller's" applies to body armor only...
OR

they give (or have the chance to give) more sockets than normally possible on the item.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
"The jeweler's prefix is particiularly annoying on non-staff/sceptre weapons due to the lack of four rune runewords."

Remember, though, that runewords only work in non-magical items. Even if there were four-rune runewords, they wouldn't work in a "jeweler's" weapon anyway.

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
+3 Vengeance War scepter on sale in hell with other mods I forgot, but it was a required level of 48. It kind of defeats the purpose of the weapon...

Oh, and Cruel (300%!) Bastard Sword.

Rare wand with ITD, duel leech

Priest's Great Sword of vengenace. Vengeance charges for a paladin?
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I think it could be possible because today I found a Maiden Pike with +1 to Pierce.
USEast- *x8_tuy

Current A. Basin Characters:
HoIyMackereI: Holy Shock Zealot/Healer Nightmare Act 1 [HC]
AgrelaLaw: Healer/FoH Pally Normal Act 5 [HC]
Even though these were in D2C, I believe the people who submitted these craptacular items win hands down.
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?