Been awhile and I cant remember...
Looking over the Bnet forums just now, a poster says he 'rerolled' a small charm. I never did have a character much over lvl 50 so I have VERY little experience with crafting and the like. I dont recall how one crafts/rerolls stats on charms. A quick check on the Arreat SUmmit surprisingly turned up nothing. Would anyone care to enlighten me please?
Why do I park my car in the driveway, then drive on the parkway?
It is a horadric cube recipe:

Quote:3 Perfect Gems (of any type) + 1 Magic Item = 1 New Random Magic Item of the Same Type
You can use this formula to get another chance at a Magic Item of the same type. The ilvl=100. This means that any Magical Prefix or Suffix with a level of 100 or less (which is all of them) is available. You can use this formula (with an Amulet) to create a +2 Skills Amulet. And you cannot Gamble one before Character Level 84. Be warned however, that the chances of getting that on an Amulet might be very low (considering everything is available) and it might take a lot of tries. Rare Items cannot be used with this formula to create new Rare Items.

I have not done this, but some players re-roll small charms with this recipe in the hope of getting high poison damage small charms. Others re-roll Grand Charms in the hope of getting plus to skills charms.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

thank-you! :D For some reason, my brain wasn't processing this to go beyond swords/armor/rings etc. Not sure why, but the notion of trying this with a charm simply never occured to me. Sometimes, it's the obvious which is most elusive.
Why do I park my car in the driveway, then drive on the parkway?
I'm pretty sure that information is wrong or outdated and that the ilvl = 100% of the the previous ilvl instead. That is, the same affixes are possible as when it dropped, and you need to reroll a high-level charm to get a high-level charm.
That would explain why folks mine Nihilathak to get the charms they wish to re-roll? Going for that major poison damage small charm?

I did cut'n'paste the information from Blizzard's website, but I also seem to recall that for Matriarchal bows, the only way to cube a Cruel one was if it had dropped in Hell Act 2 or later.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

You need ilvl 75 for cruel so a drop from a monster that would be level 9 or higher (about the Tamoe Highlands onwards I think). Blood Raven is level 10+66 in Hell so she would drop a high enough ilvl

Monster levels can be checked here
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/spirea/Monster...rs/Levels.shtml
Add 3 for bosses and 2 for champs

The item level = the level of the monster dropping it

Affix levels can be checked here
http://www.diabloii.nu/affixcalc/

Adeyke is right, it's 100% of ilvl for this recipe