Judgement Day II: 112,000 Accounts Closed
Over 100k accounts just went *poof* :lol:

Main post:
http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?F...al&T=199789&P=1

Warning about maphack:
http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?F...al&T=199919&P=1

Maphackers are actually already detected, and now warned: (scroll down)
http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?F...eneral&T=199920

Wee! A grand victory for legit players. hehe

If any Blizzard guy is reading this -- thanks!

Edit: I'm sooo eager to register an account at a major botting forum and ask "won't you ever learn?" haha
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
That's great \o/
But why don't they just disable the CD keys right away? Maybe the people who have been using maphacks gets pissed off and doesn't buy a new copy of D2. Then we would get rid of a lot of idiots :)

I still think the real problem is the bugged/"hacked" items and the dupes, though.

edit: reading those threads are good for a laugh :D
I don't care, only because I know I'm not affected. Actualy I'll miss those d00ds. They will no longer entertain me. Except for the ever so delicous whining. :D

But this is a drop in the bucket. We have a long way to go.
I might just bring out the d2 cd again.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Feryar,Jun 10 2003, 08:07 AM Wrote:edit: reading those threads are good for a laugh :D
Yes, I *tried* reading through an entire thread where people with no clue about the source code of maphack "knew" exactly how it worked and Blizzard MUST only be guessing when banning, and other guys spamming "mwahahha loooosers ur just sad u lost ur accts haahah"...

Both sides yelling to deaf ears, etc

So I stopped before my IQ would drop *too* much. After all, I need to do some work, and it will come in handy. :)

Man, what a hell-hole the official forums must be for GFraizer. I applaud his patience with those whiners. :)
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
Rocks!!

Thanks Bliz.
*Swarmalicious - USeast Hardcore
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - W Wonka

The Flying Booyaka and The Legend of Bonesnap
Thats great news. Especially the fact that maphackers are now being slapped! haha!!

Also, I wonder if now that the game has some age on it and the "new" is kinda gone if people who have had their cd keys banned from bnet will be less likely to buy another copy of the game for use on bnet again....

but who am I kidding? I would imagine bnet hackers have other ways of obtaining keys fro use on bnet.
Quote:Wee! A grand victory for legit players. hehe

Well I guess a drop at a time is one way to fill the bucket... ;)

Quote:Maphackers are actually already detected, and now warned

This is the only thing that is really interesting; now at least there is a specific warning. I really do hope it's the last warning.
So Blizz can find Map Hack users and do something about them? Interesting. I wonder if the clever folks in the hacking community will discover how they do it and find ways to counter Blizz' methods.

I will bet the over on that one. :P
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
This is like arresting all the jay-walkers and claiming to reduce crime. So many things on b-net are worse than MH. Dupeing, bots, hacks, whites. ITH, HEX, Quark, drop PK's in hardcore etc. Very little to nothing has been done about these things.

I find the whole thing a bit annoying. In addition, a year later and we have no patch. I know alot of people here are supportive of Blizzard, but I find them to be one giant let down.

Just one problem, I like the game, the PvP aspect that is, so maybe one medium sized let down. So I'm still around, still play here and there and I still want the patch. I just wish they would finally put up a post that concerned something I cared about, because MH does not bother me.
um, the people banned WERE the people with hacked items, etc. NOT the maphackers. the MHers were just warned. R->C->P ^_^
Doh!

Sorry, misunderstood.
Ah! So this is more than a drop in the bucket. Maybe 3 or 4.
I want to ask... is D2 acceletrator a violation of the EULA? It's not a cheat but it is still a third party program.
I recall GF saying that no third party programs are tolerated, not even those that cannot be considered to give unfair advantages.

Also, I don't think it's that important how many accounts or CD keys they ban. The important thing is that they let D2 players all over the world know that hackers and cheaters cannot safely roam on battlenet any longer, that they run a great risk of being banned forever if they're caught using MH or bots. I think these two major account deletions will show that they're not just making empty threats - It'll be a major deterrant.
In my mind, my dreams are real. No one's concerned about the way I feel.
The way I look at it, yes, it is in violation. It alters the way the game is displayed.

Strictly speaking it is a cheat as well, since it allows you to play by different rules than others in the game. You're display draws differently than theirs and they did not expressly consent to this.

If you think a cheat requires giving you some sort of advantage (and by the definition it doesn't), that sill applies to D2 accelerator as well since it allows you to see the screen better with some skills allowing you to react better, especially with skills like Blizzard or Frozen orb.

[edit]Hit submit by accident... I don't really consider using it to be all that big of a deal though, and I use it on my slower machines, but technically it is cheating and it is in violation of the TOS. [/edit]
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Archon_Wing,Jun 10 2003, 05:09 PM Wrote:I want to ask... is D2 acceletrator a violation of the EULA? It's not&nbsp; a cheat but it is still a third party program.
A reliable source at Blizzard has said (publically, IIRC) that D2 Accelerator is not considered a cheat there. However, that's not to rule out that someday they'll just take a swipe at every account they detect with any kind of packet sniffing that gives a fishy smell. I don't want to tell you "go ahead and use it without fear" only to have your account get hit 4 months from now.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Isolde was answering Foxbat's question.

In fact it is a few threads down on the big thread about the ladder bannings before this one (Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop, but is it the right thing for diablo?). Let me see if I find the direct link to the page.

Ah here it is on page 3 from that discussion thread:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...&linear=1&st=40

Quote:Some would say that healthy sense of skepticism is a good thing.

I'm still working on the issue of the AB. However, your D2 Accelerator in its current form (or any previous form for that matter) will not trigger the hack detection. Nor does anyone at blizzard consider it to be a cheat. Now it *is* possilbe that by some fluke they are using some other tool which looks exactly like some other well known cheat. The chances of that are very low, but I'm in the process of investigating it. I do hope that that's what's going on -- it'll make me feel better if that's the case.

Edit: Minor gramatical errors <_<
Raz
Edited. This discussion is not welcome here. I hope that the discussion in the other thread has given you some ideas about why we consider it to be cheating.

Please do not post about maphack here again.

-Griselda
Always remember, wherever you go, there you are.
It's been answered in your other thread.

I don't usualy do stuff like this, but quit being a troll.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
From the Lurker Lounge Rules:

Quote:No cheating allowed.
If you cheat in multiplayer games, you are not welcome to read or post at the Lurker Lounge. We ask you to respect the administrators' and posters' feelings on this matter and go to another site with less stringent rules against cheaters. However, if you choose not to respect our wishes, don't be surprised when you are met with extreme hostility from gamers who like to play games the way they are meant to be played. If you are ever caught admitting to cheating, you will be banned on sight.
Quote:Avoid hotbutton issues.
Basically put, there are some issues and topics that are useless to debate on an Internet forum. You'll never be able to change people's minds on hotbutton political issues such as abortion or gun control. Yet, various people always try to do just that on every forum out there. Here's the deal: many posters try to make a name for themselves by starting a thread on just such an issue just so they can have a special thrill over watching a hundred posts spring up from their inciting topic. They'll then feed the conversation along by constantly nibbling at other posters' arguments. Once the topic has dried up, they'll move on to the next one, and keep doing it for weeks, causing gargantuan threads over and over. This is known as trolling, and the moderators WILL put a stop to you if they catch you in the act.
Maphack has been discussed here thoroughly in the past. If you honestly can't find any of the past debates, then at least keep from posting the same thing in multiple threads. In addition, if you don't want to find yourself banned, I'd suggest you respond to the criticisms given you in the other thread rather than re-posting your opinion without addressing how people have responded to you.

Finally, I think it should be fairly obvious that people on these forums are anti-cheating and anti-maphack given the replies to this thread already. Thus I submit to you the following, as well:

Quote:Follow common, known Internet posting etiquette.
Frankly, we could write a thousand rules about basic common sense internet etiquette, such as "don't type in all caps." Instead of that, we'll just say that you should use your brain and follow the basic rules of Internet posting. If you're not very familiar with basic etiquette or are new to the Internet, we recommend that you simply read the forum for a while before making your first post. That's always a good rule of thumb before you dive into any online community, yet it's rarely followed. The Lounge posters have our own small subculture like all good fansites, and it won't take long to pick up on the nuances. Enjoy your stay here!
Find out what people are like before diving in and creating posts that people will consider "trollish."
-TheDragoon