Shocking new 1.10 Item Info today
Quote: It's 3:01 a.m. and before I go to sleep I want to let you know that today (Monday) I'll be releasing some information that will surely shake up the Diablo II item world. The information is about items and new item possiblities. I don't want to hype it too much so it's not a total new item type like a Rare/Unique but it changes the possiblities for current items. And yes, there's always some people who will spit on the info as not being big enough just to disagree/get attention :)

GFraizer (Nebu)

http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?F...172654&PageNo=1

Could this be the tempered item modifications we heard rumours about? Some sort of cube recipe that adds a particular ability or bonus to a weapon? Should be interesting to see when GF releases the new info.

/// Zoid.
/// Zoid.
Check out Arreat Summit now!

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/

Collossus Crossbow Buriza? OMG

This opens for TONS of new possibilities, but what will happen to game balance? Have they really, really, though this over? :)
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
Jugalator,Jun 2 2003, 11:17 AM Wrote:Check out Arreat Summit now!

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/

Collossus Crossbow Buriza? OMG

This opens for TONS of new possibilities, but what will happen to game balance? Have they really, really, though this over? :)
Do they ever really really think things over. :)

Let's look at Buriza.
Ballista (33-55 base)
Two-Hand Damage: (85-102) To (142.5-415.5) (113.75-258.75 Avg)
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 110
Required Dexterity: 80
Base Weapon Speed: [10]
+150-200% Enhanced Damage(varies)
+ (2.5 Per Character Level) 2.5-247.5 To Maximum Damage (Based On Character Level)
Adds 32-196 Cold Damage - 4 Second Duration
Piercing Attack (100)
Freezes Target +3
+75-150 Defense(varies)
+35 to Dexterity
80% Increased Attack Speed
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.09 or later)

So, if you cube it (and those runes aren't horribly rare) You would get, something like this I think...

Buriza
Colossus Crossbow (32-91 base)
Two-Hand Damage: (82.5-99) To (232.5-523.5) (157.5 - 311 average)
Required Level: 56
Required Strength: 163
Required Dexterity: 77
Base Weapon Speed: [10]
+150-200% Enhanced Damage(varies)
+ (2.5 Per Character Level) 2.5-247.5 To Maximum Damage (Based On Character Level)
Adds 32-196 Cold Damage - 4 Second Duration
Piercing Attack (100)
Freezes Target +3
+75-150 Defense(varies)
+35 to Dexterity
80% Increased Attack Speed

So, you up the level req by 15 (to a still low 56), you lower the min damage since the collosus is 1 point lower, you up the minimum top damage by 85, and the max top damage by 105 (though something seems wrong with my damage calcs since I didn't quite get the same numbers for the normal Buriza as were posted). You up the strength needed by 53, and lower the dex by 3.

That extra str makes it less attractive to a zon, I would think, I haven't gotten into the dex modifiers on damage, but that is 50% damage isn't it, at least I think crossbows use dex. You still come out ahead, but I'm not sure it is that bad.

It will help the poorer, or play with what you find players more than the people that already have all the good items anyway I would think. I would have to put a lot more thought into it than I have.

It is a major change though. If all the uniques that are of a lesser item type are weaker than the uniques that of a higher item type, then it doesn't realy do too much to the mythical balance beast. Of course it can make some of the 'variant fodder' uniques more interesting.

Edit: Fixed my damage calcs....
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Very cool, i wonder if that works on armor too? Or maybe on rares/magical? Very cool news, i cant wait for 1.10! :)
[Image: 1048873792431.jpeg]
And when he gets to Heaven
To Saint Peter he will tell:
One more Soldier reporting Sir -
I've served my time in Hell
What a wonderful idea. It will allow tons of previously crappy uniques to be upgraded and be viable in later difficulties. I'm going to upgrade my normal Azurewrath :)
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
At least PUL runes are rare enough... Suddenly the cheese is more accessible; Lycanders, Buriza, Goldstrike, Headstriker, Butcher's Pupil, Ribcracker, Bartuc's, Bonesnap, Titan's all would upgrade to decent elite uniques...
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Actual I think it have been thought trough!

Remember the new powerfull runewords we might see, setting an new level for high quality weapons ( the short time uploaded versions it was)

Most exceptionel weapons does have between 150% and max 250% enhanced damage. Making them rather low end in comparison :D
And its only the enhanced damage there benefit alot from the upgrade, and offcause preffixs connected to that damage increase. Leech and deadly strike most importantly!

An Elite Buriza is offcause still awesome, but its not the weapon leaping most in value from the upgrade as only the 150% -200% enhanced damage is increasing, making it around 50 to 60 points more off average damage!

My quess on weapon to look for

Coldsteal eyes ! 50% deadly strike and up to 250% enhanced damage! A very nice combi to get on an elite.
Ribcracker Up to 300% enhanced damage with its 50% incrieased attack speed.
witchwild and Goldstrike are good candidates too.
Pierre Tombale Couant (especial if barbs critical strike from masteris are fixed)

depending on how important leech gets some off these weapons might be interesting
(to lazy to look up exsamples!)

if normal uniques can be made elite (with 2 cupe recipes) then maybe we also see Bonesnap or Steeldriver for the fun of it.
Upgrade Serpent Lord to elite and you have a fill-up-mana-super-fast machine! There are some very funny possibilites here... and we can make our own elite Shadowfang :)
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Looks quite interesting, thought I think Flux from Dii.net had an interesting opinion.

What if you took already incredibly powerful items, and used this recipie? An Elite Bonesnap? Elite Titans revenge? Could be a bit much if you as me, but makes for some interesting possiblilities.

One thing that makes me think though, would the item have to be ID'd to use it? If not, you could cheaply create seemingly "fake" items, of any class you wanted. UnID'd granfathers anyone? Windforces? Seems like it could be rather frustrating trying to trade for a "Unique col blade", and getting something you werent expecting.

I may be waay off the mark though. Thoughts?
[Image: lumsig.jpg]
There would just be no "Unid" and I could live with that...
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

The Luminaire,Jun 2 2003, 07:59 PM Wrote:What if you took already incredibly powerful items, and used this recipie?&nbsp; An Elite Bonesnap?&nbsp; Elite Titans revenge?&nbsp; Could be a bit much if you as me, but makes for some interesting possiblilities.
You talking about this?

Ribcracker
Stalagmite
(Ethereal)

Damage: (336-448) To (480-640)
Req Level: 49
Req Str: 63
Req Dex: 35

+200-300% Enhanced Damage
Adds 30-65 Damage
150% Damage To Undead
50% Chance Of Crushing Blow <--- !!!
50% Increased Attack Speed <--- !!!
50% Faster Hit Recovery
+100% Enhanced Defense
+100 Defense
+15 To Dexterity
Ethereal (Cannot Be Repaired)

Zod that! :ph34r: (btw, yes, the non-ethereal version is incredible too, of course)
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
I wonder how it will work with uniques that have been socketed...

Like if I stick an Ohm in my Bartuc's, will it keep the Ohm or will it go back to being unsocketed?

Or would Blizzard really mess up and keep the 50% ED from the Ohm and revert the item to being an unsocketed version of itself? That would be a really bad messup from Blizz (albeit and intruiging one).
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Yeah this is good news for my Dagger Paladin. I wouldnt mind an elite Stormspike or Heart Carver, maybe drop a 1-90 or so lightning jewel into the Stormspike while you are at it. :)

In a way it is too bad you can't (I presume) do this to set items. It'd be neat to upgrade Hwanin's Set.

Lewis
Lewis
aka *westcats, USWest, SC
aka *sevencats, *weirdcats, USEast, SC
Yes this will probably take game balance and chuck it out the window BUT I can see how it could aid in closing the gap between the newb and the uber 1337. The runes are not exceedingly rare (assuming rune rarity does not change.) and you no longer need Windforce...you just need Pluckeye and a few runes (okay well maybe that's a bit overboard but you surely see my point.)

And yes...Buriza Do Kyanon Colossus Crossbow!!!! O M M F G!!!!!!!!
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
The thought of an elite Lycander's Flank or Kuko Shakaku's got me all a-twitter. Or a kick-patoot WWS. Or a Riphook to delight a speedazon.

Wow.

My first thought is that we're seeing the start of a Lum/Pul rune economy.

My second thought is that I wonder if they're counting all these upgrades as part of the "100+ new items". It would be a quick, albeit cheesy way of creating Elite Uniques without having to invent new stats for all of them.

My third thought is that we'll never see another "Smoke" armor again.

Edit: kept thinking. Must stop that.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
jondifool,Jun 2 2003, 07:24 PM Wrote:Pierre Tombale Couant (especial if barbs critical strike from masteris are fixed)

quick calc on this one:
now:
base partizan: 34-75 gives 124-263 (max)

upgrade that to elite:
base cryptic axe: 33-150 gives 120-500 (max)

scary compareable to elite uber items :blink:

but now for the real lough:

Druid's new best friend: Ribcracker (what is that you say? never heard about that thing? you just sold one for gold? get ready to bite your bum!)

with a base damage going from 8-26 to 75-107 :o
that leads to roughly 330-493 damage at level 49 (411,5 average)
(Req a "massive" 63 Str and 35 Dex)
featuring +150% damage to undead,
50% crushing blow,
50% increased attack speed, (<------YIKES)
+100% enhanced defense,
+100 defense,
+15 dex

may I add, that if the leaked elite weapons info is near accurate, only Grandfather and Earthshifter have higher average damage and are both way slower!

[Edit] Sorry, I am just slow at calculating things and was disturbed, not meaning to double post this beast
I am not trying to post like a Wanker but my english has a pretty strong krautish influence.

Feel free to flame the content but give me some slack on spelling an grammar, thanks Smile

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Quote:That extra str makes it less attractive to a zon, I would think, I haven't gotten into the dex modifiers on damage, but that is 50% damage isn't it, at least I think crossbows use dex. You still come out ahead, but I'm not sure it is that bad.

What about the werebear druids who like to use buriza? I wonder if it would make crossbow werebears a lot more popuar. :blink:
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
It is quite amazing.. Look to some of the exceptional uniques and imagine: Bloodletter falcata, Atlantean mythic sword, Goldstrike Arch hydra bow anyone?

Look to the % ED mod on the uniques, many of them can rival a decent cruel(though rarely a perfect cruel), as well as having other good mods. Also, the level req on these upgraded uniques seems fairly low. I didn't check, but it looks like they were using the base lvl req for the elite item. That means that some of the best items will be able to be equipped at pretty low lvls.

Of course, a 300% cruel elite sword of quickness with 3 open sockets beats them all.

I hope monsters really are tougher, to make up for these overpowered(by 1.09 standards) uniques/sets/runewords.
GF said he tested the recipe on an item already with a filled socket, and it left the filled socket as it was.

I'm not so impressed with the 163 Str requirement of a Colossus Crossbow. -53 Dex is quite a bit of lost damage.