Hey!
Bolty,Jun 2 2003, 09:18 PM Wrote:Hello, ChromaticOnion!

What's up? I thought ChromaticOnion was gone for good!
Could someone please fill me in on what has been going on in the world of diablo 2?
I quit reading ChromaticOnion's posts about 8 months ago for various reasons and I just stumbled on this post and was like, HEY! CHROM'S BACK YAYYYYYY!
this was my favorite poster for a lone time so I guess I'm just saying: What's up? Whats new? and why are you back?

Heh, seriously though, welcome back Chrom.  Hopefully you won't have to wait as long as I have for 1.10.  :)

-Bolty
LOL

FYI I was called PkSim42 before but I still doubt that rings a bell.
I enjoyed reading intellegent posts and not listening to the inane blather that I found on the diabloii.net forums.

Great site Bolty!
I look forward to being a bit more of a chatterbox from now on, or at least for a little while.
Cyall round.

P.S. that was REALLY funny.

P.P.S. to spite all evidence to the contrary I am NOT trying to suck up, I am just saying whatever comes to mind
"Hydrogen and stupidity are the two most common things in the universe" - Harlan Ellesen
"I beat you with a stick!" - ChromaticOnion
KingOfPain took one to Hell Baal at about 66.

She hired a rogue, and equipped every slot except for armor, helm, weapon. Lots of passives, not sure what items, but I think Crushing Blow was involved. Yep, she was a tank for her rogue. :) You can find his write up at RBD.

It can be done.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
1. Check hydrogen levels.

2. Snap Shot Cookie Cutter hint: Traps Assassins can go all the way to Hell Baal with just a modicum of patience. Hell Ancients take a bit of patience and a lot of Shadow Masters to finally finish off.

Build: Max Lightning Sentry as soon as possible. That can take you through NM Baal. :)
==Max Death Sentry
Max Wake of Inferno
==Max Shadow Master
(Death Sentry and Shadow Master don't have to be maxed, but high levels is good.)
Mercenary: Act V Barbarian or Act II Desert Merc. Rogues also work out nicely.)

An added point or two in Fade won't hurt in Hell Difficulty if you run out of ideas for skill points.

Focus on +skills and resists in equipment. Gambling claws is cheap, and will eventually get you one with +assassin skills on it. Add MF to taste if you feel you will get the MF bug.

Avoid getting hit. A point in Mind Blast does wonders for making monsters stand around in your traps for a while.

Use a Shael Eth 'Rhyme' rune word shield and a claw on one of your weapon set ups.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete