Poll: what do you think what has the better chance of finding beter things
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1.barb
11.11%
1 11.11%
2.amazon
11.11%
1 11.11%
3.sorceress
44.44%
4 44.44%
4.assassin
11.11%
1 11.11%
5.pally
11.11%
1 11.11%
6.druid
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

hat is the best class for mfing
With items like that, you would not get 606 mf, unless you use bugged items. its imposible, i added it up, unless you are adding your mercs mf to your own, in which case, your merc has a bit, if she kills, and you have a bit, if you kill. A combined kill is hard unless you have a sorc with you.

I find that i get better items when fewer people are playing (I have mfed at midnight before) and the first few runs are the best (1 night i got a spire of honour and a wiz of meph in the same drop on my third run).

Also, i find its best to have around 400 mf and do runs as quickly as posible, which is why i use a barb.
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
My Magic Find: I have a Wealth with 37%, Goldwrap with 30%, 70% Tarnhelm with a Perfect Topaz in it, a pair of Nagelrings 29% and 26%. A pair of rare cruel Greaves that give 32% and the Langer Brizier with 57 %. I also have around 5 small charms of 6%MF and 4 large charms of 4%MF; one small charm of 5%MF and 2 grand charms with 10 and 12%.

When I add my Mercenarie's Magic Find to this, I get 606, unless I was told wrong about how Magic Fing stacks (with a Mercenary's being added to your own)

thanks... for the editing
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
It's not your grammar, it's your lack of proper punctuation that makes my eyes hurt.

In your case, I'd say: when in doubt, throw in more commas, semicolons, and periods. Please.

-Kasreyn
--

"As for the future, your task is not to forsee it, but to enable it."

-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

--

I have a LiveJournal now. - feel free to post or say hi.

AIM: LordKasreyn
YIM: apiphobicoddball
Quote:I got quite annoyed right away about his comment about occies and bugged items. 
I didn't really bother to decypher that part about whatever items he used, but I understand why you would be mad. I don't like people using cheats, but that's just enough to send the original post into the negatives.

Quote:After reading his post, I got the idea of his style of play. You think it's appropriate for The Lurker Lounge?

You said
Quote:People are STILL playing D2 for item finding? Urgh...

What am I supposed to infer from that? You were attacking magic finding; how was anyone supposed to infer that you were attacking him from using hacks?

Quote:That's great, but do you collect bugged occies and bugged items? Hope not. If you did, I would respond to you differently. Like how I responded to Wiccan.

I undestand that, but how did that have anything to do with my post? Your above quote attacked item finding. If you said "People are still playing D2 to hack..." I wouldn't say anything. And yes, I am legit.

Quote:Hope that's not aimed at me. Some people play to roleplay and to group, not to just kill monsters.

That's very nice. That's pretty much the point of what I posted. MF is a hobby people like to do, just like roleplaying and grouping. That's why I don't agree with your disdain that people are still playing the game to find items. I decided to show you could extend that to all of PVM in general, showing what I disagreed on .

Quote:Like I said, that's pretty much my first time I flammed someone. I think the post deserved it. 

It's not who you flame that matters, it's how you flame.

And yes, I didn't catch the part about the occy rings, , but my points still stand.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Wiccan,May 21 2003, 07:02 PM Wrote:The reason the necromancer class was left out because is simple

no one said necro....not a single one
That's a valid line of thought, however, how many replies were there when you made the poll? Yes, maybe it was a good assumption, but I already demonstrated how you can MF with a necro. I don't do it, but others do, and by delibrately leaving out the one with the lowest pissbility that you already skew the results. The average population of B.net may agree with you, but this is not where you find that population.

Quote:Grammar and spelling checked with a program that i just used to check this with, dont know about context and other things so flame away please...

I appreciate your effort; however the main issue here was not about gramatical or spelling errors, but about the time you spend in the posts to make them understandable. Everyone has signifigant errors in their posts. Nobody is attacking you for wrong verb tense or spelling words wrong. It's about organizing ideas.
Yes, medication makes it hard, but then it would be advised to shorten your posts. Don't post when you can't. Hit the enter button once in a while. I personally have to edit a post six or seven times before I stop. You may have to do so too.

Sad truth is, if you can't read your own posts, then you can't expect anyone else to.

And no, don't take it offensively. You can choose to disregard what I said. I'm just being critical here. I only flame people when they have no sentient thought, and since you have displayed such I'm bothering to give you advice. This is coming from someone who is constantly lethargic and sleepy.

So, yes you have a disadvantage. It's one you have to deal with. Being defensive about it does nothing.
Xiuhcotal,

I agree that some things have to be ignored. Personal disdain shouldn't be used to chase posters around. But sometimes it is akin to the Emperor having no clothes. Sometimes, you just have to let them know there is something very wrong. Ultimately, it is for their better good. Yes, I do believe a flame-happy approach is not worth it to someone possbily worth keeping. That's why if the poster did have some redeeming values I don't go for one-liner bandwagon flames in these instances, but to tell him/her what's going on.

Wouldn't you tell you friend they had a blotch on their left cheek if they were unaware with it? You would be one terrible friend if you didn't. Of course, you wouldn't yell at them.

I think most Lurkers here do try to use construction although I don't speak for everyone. :)
Being how everyone here is too royal and high to read a mere mortal's work (Im greatly offended by this), I shall be wiccan's personal translator. He shall send his future post to me, in which then I will correcct and send back. Wiccan my email is Chaos@triad.rr.com.

Im sure everyone here is a doctor or lawyer and is too busy to read wiccan's post due to your patients and clients. Takes one extra minute for me, and doesn't bother me a bit. But I guess you self-important people cannot handle such things.

Anyways, back on topic. I vote druid, simply because he tears meph apart (and does it rather quickly), and at the same time he is original.
Quote: Being how everyone here is too royal and high to read a mere mortal's work (Im greatly offended by this), I shall be wiccan's personal translator. He shall send his future post to me, in which then I will correcct and send back. Wiccan my email is Chaos@triad.rr.com.

Im sure everyone here is a doctor or lawyer and is too busy to read wiccan's post due to your patients and clients. Takes one extra minute for me, and doesn't bother me a bit. But I guess you self-important people cannot handle such things.

The only thing that got me riled up was constant apology without corrective action. But now that the corrective action's taking place, I have no grievances. YOU, however, need to take a Quaalude the size of a phone book. Or does "self-reliance" and "self-sufficiency" have no place on the Lurker Lounge anymore?
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
"self-reliance" and "self-sufficiency" goes out the window when his disability doesn't allow it.

The fact that he tries to post is good enough for me.
Wiccan,May 21 2003, 09:14 PM Wrote:Gekko... i never asked about builds, cows or leveling...
The cow level can be used for mfing as well. While hell cows have a low probability to drop any of the better items, there are so many of them that with good mf you're likely to find several decent or better items virtually every time you clear the moo moo farm. In addition, you will find quite a few charms, jewels, and runes (far more than while doing meph runs). That you level quite quickly while clearing the cow level is, in this case, merely a coincidence.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Hail Kharohz

Actually, his disability (as far as I can tell, I'm not aware of the full details) does allow it - just requiring a slower pace and a more difficult approach. The fact is, he can use Microsoft Word (for example, any word processor with basic spellcheck/grammar check works) to double-check his posts, dictionary.com, as well as the various grammar sites listed in above posts in order to clarify his work. I definately do not mind someone having trouble with certain aspects of posting - I'll admit I used to be one of them who had a lot of trouble writing full sentances without one letter abbreviations in them but I improved.

To use an analogy, does someone who has lost a limb really need help opening a capped-bottle for example? There are tools available for that person in order to do it, but just because his disability makes it harder for him do you have to walk him through it step by step and baby him? The fact of the matter is, I definately do not mind Wiccan posting here; in fact, I encourage it as discussion on the lounge tends to be intellectually stimulating and could be useful in helping overcome the disabilities that appear to affect him. I just wish that he attempts to make it legible using every tool available to him.

Personally, I believe you need to come off your high and mighty chair to come back to reality. Many people have disabilities, but they don't need to be helped every step of the way except in some extreme cases. This thread will be good for him in the long run due to the fact that it will help give him the tools he needs in order to make his communication over the internet superior.

Either way, good luck Wiccan, I wish you the best of luck in improving your communication over the internet and I hope that you continue your attempts to make your posts of the highest quality.

Baylan

Edit: Forgot to include my usual hail for clarity for those of us who use the non-threaded view of the fora.
gekko,May 23 2003, 05:19 PM Wrote:The cow level can be used for mfing as well.  While hell cows have a low probability to drop any of the better items, there are so many of them that with good mf you're likely to find several decent or better items virtually every time you clear the moo moo farm.  In addition, you will find quite a few charms, jewels, and runes (far more than while doing meph runs).  That you level quite quickly while clearing the cow level is, in this case, merely a coincidence.

gekko
Ah yes mf'ing in the cow level. It's best to keep a 2x4 inventory space open at all times. That is the ultimate drawback, leechers will steal items. Plus there are bastards with hacks. Of course, you can errr... not herd the cows together. One cow is usally good enough to do them in. :)

I would do it alone, but I for some reason wish to kill the king. :P
I have tried to do it and everytime i have tried i get flamed on ethinics of grammar and punc. i have always found that abrievations of the words does help me....., like tarnhelm with a perfect topaz.. the now days wording is "tarn with a p-topaz",but as i start to write in lenght to make the understanding helpfull. this is were context of content comes into play i cant do this due to my disabilty......

Remember my disorder effects the learning and memory as i once stated....

Puntcuations, placement, pronoucations and spelling are all apart of memory and learning which you learn at kindergarden and all the way up to 9th grade or as you further you education in life, my disorder effects basic learning that i had to learn in kindgarden all the way thru my college education....

Best way i can put is if some one took a butter knife into my learning center and said" Gee wonder what would happen if i did this" and targeted the basic word correlations and placement of them and decided that to make it fun have me live thru this ordeal.......

Thanks khorz i will take you up on it offer, it is much needed and thank you elric for helping me...

On the word document programs... i looked into it do you know how much they cost some run up to as much as 149 to 300$$..... i dont have that kind of money, my money was used on treatments and medications to help me.......
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
I've heard of learning disabilities that affect your general understanding of punctuation and grammar, but what kind of a disability causes you to use 3 or 4 periods instead of one?

What is this disorder called?

P.S. The added whitespace in this last post of yours was very helpful. Keep it up.
I have upgraded my flaming abilities. Learned one valuable lesson too:

No wearing flammable material while flamming someone.
Baylan,

You said you didn't know the full details, so how can you say his disability allows it? I also didn't know everything. But I based my opinion on two little factoids.

He was once a English teacher, and secondly he has a disability. So common sense tells me that he is trying the best he possibly can. He was an english teacher! Do you know how bad that must make him feel that he cannot do the stuff he used to teach?

His last post probally took him a great deal of time to post. It was very coherent, however, the time frame isn't worth it.

Lets try something Baylan, go find a kindergardener that knows how to type. And lets see if a word proccessor can correct what he has to say. It will NEVER happen. Word processors are far from perfect, and they simply couldn't correct something of that level. They have problems correcting things on a professional level.

If a person is hearing impaired, usually people speak a little louder around them. Sure these people may have the tool (Hearing aids, reading lips ect.), but like word processors they are not perfect. I expect you guys to do same for wiccan, just try to read what he has to say.
Hello Kharohz!

And I DO try to read what he has to say. I understand that word processers are hardly perfect - but with as close as wiccan is getting to it in his posts I would say that a word processor would correct most, if not all of the errors. As I said in my above posts, I encourage him to post as to help him overcome his ability but also to intellectually stimulate both himself and others here. The biggest thing that I have problems with reading (personally) is a huge blob of text similar to that in the topic post. I also know that a number of others have problems with this so I at least attempt to separate my posts into complete (ok, maybe not so complete, but at least coherent ;)) thoughts and ideas, then add a linebreak in there as to help readability.

As for your analogy of someone who is hearing impaired, I agree with you. They aren't perfect, they aren't even all that close - but people use them as to help improve their hearing and wiccan should use the tools available to him in order to help the readability, and coherentness of his posts.

Wiccan, I applaude you for staying with us, and correcting your posts. I also thank you very much for your time and effort that goes into making such posts - keep it up, and good luck with your endeavours.

Baylan
So Wiccan's posts are understandable, and thus we are all happy. Well, maybe not happy, but we can go on with our lives. :D