Everyone does this...
Hail lurkers...

Once in a while I decide to delurk and lend some help to people on The Armory. However, this is the first time I post something that´s not related to Diablo; hope you enjoy it :D

http://www.waxy.org/archive/2003/04/29/star_war.shtml

This little fella made me laugh for quite a while!!! Hope you enjoy watching both versions: the normal one and the one with the special effects :)

P.D. I´m sorry if I was supposed to post this on another thread...

Edit: 1 post I had to do... 1 link I had to put and I screwed up and placed an incorrect one :P The correct one is now in place
Raz
Cheers Raz! :D
It goes to show how wacky people can get. What will they think of next?
Anyway, cheers again for the good humor.

BTW: The part about feeling safe on an airline like that is pretty much true. I mean, where is a terrorist going to hide their weapons if it's a nudist flight? Unless, of course, they had a hole in their mouths or something.... :ph34r:
Black Lightning:
- Hell's thunder
- It'll strike anywhere
- It'll come down any time
- It'll hit ANYTHING...
(Run for the hills!Wink
Or have a humoungsly large... thing.

But that's too disgusting to think about.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
That was too much for me. My dad was sitting next to me at the time, filing papers. When he looks up at the video and goes what the h-ll is that man? I just couldn't contain myself from luaghing. I don't think Ii could watch that again though..

Thanks for the link! =P
At the very end of the remix he actually looks like a badass.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
I almost spit out my Mountain Dew while watching that. Good stuff!

And yes, he does look badass at the end. Think the person who made the remix saw one too many Episode 2 trailers? ;)
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
That was pathetic. You people found humour in this somewhere? :huh:

I had a few minutes to read comments while my dialup connection chugged through the download and observed such warnings as "don't watch this with a mouth full of coffee" etc. I watched the movie expecting to find something faintly amusing and instead was rewarded with something altogether sad. <_<

That was yesterday. I deemed it unworthy of repost here. <_<

I suppose it might be funny to a sad little 12 year old zit-popping twerp with nothing better to make themselves feel good by having a laugh at fat people, but hadn't expected to find many of those kids posting here. Live and learn I suppose.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
"I suppose it might be funny to a sad little 12 year old zit-popping twerp with nothing better to make themselves feel good by having a laugh at fat people, but hadn't expected to find many of those kids posting here. Live and learn I suppose. "

Didn´t meant it as an insult... but I suppose you are correct.

Serves me right to never try and post something I think is funny...

Edit: By the way, I never saw it as an insult to Fat people
Raz
WarBlade,May 4 2003, 09:11 PM Wrote:I suppose it might be funny to a sad little 12 year old zit-popping twerp with nothing better to make themselves feel good by having a laugh at fat people, but hadn't expected to find many of those kids posting here. Live and learn I suppose.
I found it funny because it brought back some very warm'n'fuzzy memories of my own childhood and my own lightsaber fights. Didn't really occur to me that the kid was chubby. I saw a Star Wars fanboy who videotaped himself having some fun. Hell, I was laughing the hardest when he split the wall open because that reminded me of when I broke my mom's potted plants while having my own duals with my brother.

*shrugs*

We've all got different opinions on what's funny, I guess.
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
I found in reminicently funny. A friend of mine in HS actually made a star trek episode for his film class. It was very dorky, but funny. During college I studied acting for a few semesters, and I ended up with a group that made humorous films that poked fun at local politicians. Then they would run them on public access TV. But, think of it this way, there are much worse things that he could have done and have published on the internet.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

It wasn't about the kid, but what he did. If a skinny kid tried to do what he did (kick up legs like that while sabering?!); I would also have laughed. I give props to the kid also, not many people would do that.
Hi,

While I didn't find it offensive, I didn't find it funny either.

As to how the kid actually did, it wasn't much worse than what most actors do when putting on fight scenes. There are few who actually know much about the martial arts, and even those few end up doing crap because the directors, etc., want it that way. The kid actually did pretty good, considering that he recovered quite nicely when he stepped on that cloth that slipped under his foot. Give that kid a few months of training and he might actually be able to pull it off. Can the mockers say the same?

BTW, I didn't bother with the "enhanced" version. There is little that an immature jerk cannot mock and thus make funny to others of his type. If taking pleasure in ridiculing others is a sense of humor, then I guess I have none.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Well, that just goes to show that even though the Internet has LOTS of stuff on it, the old adage that

90% of everything is 'garbage'

continues to apply to the Internet.

Which, all things considered, merely highlights once again how nice the Lounge is, in that it falls into the 10% range . . .

PS: I suppose that whoever swiped that film was intent on trying to embarrass the fellow who made the clip and for that mean spirited bit of nonsense, I think poorly of the web site that hosted it. Of course, I once learned that you never leave your own camera lying around with film in it if you don't want to pay for developing pictures of your friends' hairy behinds, the contents of various and sundry full toilet bowl, etc, . . . I learned that one the hard way out at sea a couple of decades ago. The slightly mean spirited practical joke has been with us for a long time. :o I have been on both sides of them.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I don't see what is so funny when a kid is playing something imaginary out (Star Wars, being a knight, a cowboy or flying an airplane etc.). Maybe playing something imaginary is only tolerated if you do it with Video Games and AD&D any longer. I know I played such imaginary fights and games a lot, and I had a lot of fun doing it - and I would maybe have looked as cheesy as he does. Hell, I made even photos and audio recordings then. Luckily they all vanished over the time. ;)
It is kind of sad that playing today is already laughable if you older than six years (not here on the LL, but this movie is circlelating the Internet a lot since it appeared on Penny Arcade and a lot of comments are quite hypocritical considering that a lot of them are made by geeks and nerds, who have no problem playing with Warhammer figures, play D&D-sessions and Babarians in Diablo 2 - and is this really that much different from what this boy does? He uses less technical stuff for it). Hell after seeing Yoda in Ep 2 or after TTT I myself would loved to pick up a Lightsaber/Sword and do such things myself - but gladly (or sadly?) my adult restraint hold me back, and I only did it in my mind. :)

But yeah, the edited version looks very funny. :D
I deliberately don't have support for that media type on my system. It's even worse than Realplayer (I know, that's hard to believe, but it's true!). There's no way I'd put something as nasty and opaque as that software on my system.

Know where there's an .mpg / .avi version of it?

-Kasreyn

EDIT: P.S. on the subject of play, it truly saddens me to see someone who thinks adults should not play. Play is an important part of a healthy, properly functioning mind, and is no less important to mental health than love, security, community, or any of the other things that keep us sane. I have nothing but pity for the grim people who don't allow themselves at least one moment of lighthearted, goofy fun every day. Their lives must be a hell on earth, even worse because it's avoidable. =(
--

"As for the future, your task is not to forsee it, but to enable it."

-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

--

I have a LiveJournal now. - feel free to post or say hi.

AIM: LordKasreyn
YIM: apiphobicoddball
I have nothing but pity for the grim people who don't allow themselves at least one moment of lighthearted, goofy fun every day. Their lives must be a hell on earth, even worse because it's avoidable. =(

I didn't find the clip funny, not because I find that kind of humor offensive, but because I find that kind of humor to be stupid. I'm not a fan of action-related humor. Now, the written or spoken word... :D

My idea of lighthearted, goofy fun is Dave Barry. Who's Line is it Anyway?. Victor Borge. (How could I not know Walt Kelly's Pogo and know Victor Borge? Beats me.)

And here I am, arguing with people about a lousy Internet movie when I should be finishing a paper. And here we are, arguing with each other about the movie. Let's give peace a chance, go outside, and play Frisbee.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Hail Kaseryn,

Get xine: I use it on my GNU/Linux box, and was able to view them fine. It has a FreeBSD port, if that is what you run (going from your Daemon avatar, I'd guess some form of BSD).
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Now this is funny:
http://home.online.no/~efmf/moro/priceless.asf

Yeah, it's another priceless-thing, but I couldn't stop laughing first time I saw it. Just thought I'd share it..
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?