1.10 -- adding a new forum?
I remember the utter chaos in the LL forums when LoD went public (and even before then, during the beta).

I'm thinking that when 1.10 is released, we'll all have a not-so-nice flashback to those dark days. There will be 1.10 threads popping up everywhere.

I'm thinking that it might not be such a bad idea to just add a 1.10 forum to (hopefully) contain the chaos. I don't know how easy it is to add a new forum, but I bet it would save some headaches down the road.

And since you will have a 1.10 forum, you can just redirect or nuke posts made in the incorrect forum -- of which there will be plenty, if history is any judge.

-DeeBye
Hail DeeBye,

Or, I can just be really mean and nuke every thread that shouldn't belong <_< See my evil stare: with a face like that, I could give Clint Eastwood a run for his money... wait a minute, that didn't come out right! Bolty did have that Beta forum back when the beta came out: he *may* consider it again. There's issues here though. If we force all 1.10 traffic there, things that would be better preserved on places like The Workshop would fall behind the general "My Sorc suxxorz" and "doodz: neroz are da rooliest...things" threads ;) However, it would be nice to keep those threads away from everything else. I see pos and cons here. I have my look for dueling forum newbies though <_< so that's all that matters!

:D

Oh, and as this is more of a suggestion than a discussion about DII, I've decided to move it to the Suggestion Forum. Kinda ironic: I'm moving a post that speaks about moving posts ;)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Hail DeeBye,

Or, I can just be really mean and nuke every thread that shouldn't belong <_< See my evil stare: with a face like that, I could give Clint Eastwood a run for his money... wait a minute, that didn't come out right! Bolty did have that Beta forum back when the beta came out: he *may* consider it again. There's issues here though. If we force all 1.10 traffic there, things that would be better preserved on places like The Workshop would fall behind the general "My Sorc suxxorz" and "doodz: neroz are da rooliest...things" threads ;) However, it would be nice to keep those threads away from everything else. I see pos and cons here. I have my look for dueling forum newbies though <_< so that's all that matters!

:D

Oh, and as this is more of a suggestion than a discussion about DII, I've decided to move it to the Suggestion Forum. Kinda ironic: I'm moving a post that speaks about moving posts ;)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
If 1/10 ever see the light of day the traffic wont be close to what happened when LOD came out.

Yes I am sure there will be be some people poping up asking "so how do i be uber now", but It wont be like LOD.
Dee, I think it would take too much away from the other fora. And when do we decide that the 1.10 forum is "done?" And then, how do we move all these messages around to their appropriate fora?

I don't think it's fair to compare the LoD beta forum traffic to 1.10 - the Lounge is nowhere near as popular now as it was then, based on 2 factors: the game is old, and the site closed down for a while. Us mods will fight to keep things sane and on-topic when the patch is released.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I don't think a 1.10 will generate as much traffic as the LoD beta. I mean, the beta was kinda "private" since it wasn't public, people (including myself) needed a place to get info about it since not all could test/play the beta. On the other hand, 1.10 will absolutely generate a lot of question too, but everyone will have access to it. That is the big difference in my opinion.

And, is there a 1.09 forum ? All the forums here are about 1.09. I think all the forums will "update" themselves with question, bugs, strategies about 1.10 without having to do anything.

Methraton
And we all know that bolty needs his sanity, dont we folks....
be kind to your mods and be nice to your mods and they wont be inclined to bite the head off your first born and labeled a fauxubernewbie, man i hate the new lingo.

We dont need the 1.10 beta fourms that would drive are mods insane on trying to pull alll 1.10 info from the other thread that it dont belong in the other threads and goes here, on the other hand ever see a mod eyes explode from trying to move 100 threads that should be in a thread that for some reason that seems to escape definations of explainations...
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]