Member title
Hi,

Combine the avatar with the signature (and the language of the signature) and a reasonable concern can arise:

Eines Tages wird die Welt erkennen, daß wir Recht hatten.
One day the world will recognize that we were right.

I am not familiar with the quote, nor could I find it online either by a Google search (both languages) or in any of the quotation references I've bookmarked.

It may be innocent. It may be intentional to irritate. Or it may be an honest expression of a hateful attitude.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

In another thread.

For some reason, my bad German translated that last bit as 'we had it right' or 'we had the right of it' but all in all, the overall meaning is the same.

I am aware of the what translation implies, however, I know I have seen that phrase before, in both German and English, referencing a pretty easily recognized WW II era German name, and what I can't remember is:

a. Who was being quoted. For some reason, I think it was a German General, maybe even Von Rundstedt or Kietel.

b. Was it a reference to the Russians/Communists, or the Jews? For some reason, my memory has it as a reference to the German/Communist/Russian conflict, but I may very well have remembered that incorrectly and that it was a reference to The Final Solution as regards the Jews.

My search last night also came up empty, but I did not spend very much time on it.

A pox on my leaking memory!

EDIT: There we go, I found the thread in question.

Where I first discussed this quote in German with Kasreyn

Silly me for not using the Search function on Lounge correctly. I went back and tried a few different options and PRESTO, I got what I wanted. :P
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
A brief visit to the site where the avatar was hosted has confirmed the suspicions that several of you have raised. I'm glad that there are posters here who are more adept at putting two and two together than I can be sometimes.

Karasu, you are not welcome at the Lurker Lounge.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Seems like a normal not neo-n. german has to say that he is not right-winged... :angry:

Sad that some of these n-n guys cast a bad light (you may correct me here) on the whole german population. :(

Banning him was right if your suspect was based on FACTS.
You have my full support.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
you had every right to do so neo-n german has no place doing that in a gamming fourm
Quote:you had every right to do so neo-n german has no place doing that in a gamming fourm

1. He may have a place on many an internet gaming forum that caters to neo-nazis. Where he does not belong is here, at the Lurker Lounge.

2. Even after an edit, you don't put together a coherent sentence. Given some of the threads here lately about caring enough to put some effort into one's posts, and Elric's guidelines, I might wonder at how much you belong at this gaming forum. You of course have shown, over time, to be a good hearted and friendly person/Lurker, so that line of thought is possibly misdirected. Also, the relative merits of the two cases are hardly equivalent.

3. On the other hand, people who live in glass houses should throw stones with care.
In Memory of Pete
Well I thought I'd never see this, but I suppose hatred and ignorance fly everywhere.

It's a good thing this fool was banned before I got here. Dear God, I never would wish death to anyone on a forum, but I'll make an exception. How can someone see so many attrocites caused by hate-inspired groups and still want to associate with them?

Good Riddance Karasu, I truly hope this was a cruel joke, but if you're still reading this, get an education and see that this is simply ridicolous. Damn.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I just noticed your sig. :D
In Memory of Pete
Word up fefo,

Did somehting happen in the time that I was away? Last time I can here (I mean before the whole rant-about-lost-items-thing) this site was about Diablo II...but it seems we are drifting ever so slowly into a time of chaos...because now we have people who are n-n, we have people who are dying (see Archon_Wing's sig) and we have people who can articulate otherwise-inaccesible babble into thoughtful and rational conversation (Occhi). Just thought I'd point that out.

*runs away laughing*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *thunk*

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!