Archive searching
This is actually both a "how do I" post and a request for a clearer explanation in the FAQ

Quote:Q: What happened to the old forums at the Lurker Lounge? Are they still available for viewing?
A: You kidding? One of the major goals of the site is the archiving of good information, so these old forums are still around to be searched, to soak up nostalgia, and to get some idea of the history of the Lounge. You can find the Lurker Lounge's original forum (active until April 13, 2001) here, and the second forum (active until February 22, 2003) here. You're current using the site's third forum software installation.

I went to the second forum and tried searching for something I know we discussed (blaze) but I couldn't get it to find any hits. I definitely had the search the archives box checked and I set the search parameter to the oldest date (within the last year)

How does one search and how does one go back more than a year please?

Many thanks :)
Unfortunately, the database files get corrupted from time to time. The posts are there, but the search function doesn't know how to find them. :( I have to remember to check the old forum once a week, apparently. DCForum sucks.

I should have the indices rebuilt in a few minutes from the time of this post.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Is there any way to look through Atma's Tavern from the old forum? Because I wanted to do a repost of Cain's Corruption D3 idea.
Obi1.10Kenobi,Apr 15 2003, 10:44 PM Wrote:Is there any way to look through Atma's Tavern from the old forum? Because I wanted to do a repost of Cain's Corruption D3 idea.
Bolty mentioned on the old forums that Atma's, the Lounge, and the Fortress wouldn't be archived. He jokingly said that none of it was worth keeping.
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?