Warbucket staff terrorist conpirators?
Just a practical joke, from a site full of (and run by) jokers.

Quote of the moment on their page:
Quote:<GC> What does NASA stand for?
<GC> Need Another Seven Astronauts

And you think people like that wouldn't create a hoax like they did? ;) Like I said, you must not really know the crowd too well. ;)

BTW - Check the comic. It's pretty funny. And maybe even a tad true. ;)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
You can't ban someone from radio here simply for voicing an opinion, unless you own the station. Then, you can tell your DJ's not to play their records. Since you pay for the station, you choose the content that you think will best sell ads.

I heard that one of the Dixie chicks, who is from Fort Worth, offered forth an opinion that she was ashamed of Pres Bush, being from Texas and all. Considering that such an opinion might irritate any number of C & W listeners, whose dollars make her rich and famous and even quotable (Yech, the problems of celebrity . . . ) doubtless never occurred to her. Sure enough, plenty of folks in the C & W world ripped her a new one, and plenty of talk show hosts applied their ridicule with a heavy hand.

Banned? Hardly. Stupid? No. Careless with what is a good move when one is in the public eye? For certain. I hear that she later apologized, but I doubt that apology's sincerity. I believe that her original opinion was sincere, even if unpopular with some.

Not EVERY C & W station stopped playing their records, but it is the right of the owners of the sation

WHO ARE NOT THE GOVERNMENT

to choose what they broadcast.

I suspect the Dixie Chicks will keep making money, unless their fan base

WHO ARE PRIVATE CITIZENS

show that they are unwilling to pay for their music, and all the baggage that goes with it.

Time will tell on that last score.

Looks like she got her 15 minutes of fame, and more. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Hail Roland,

That NASA joke has been around since that first shuttle (sorry, forget the name now) blew up. My parents told me years ago that it went around in the same week it happened.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Challenger.

I remember watching that, in real-time. I think it was being broadcast live, anyway...

Getting back to the original topic, yeah, it sounds like a hoax. However, I wouldn't be too surprised if stuff like that began happening in the future...

Cue "2014" music
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
You guys are making me feel old :P I was in elementary school when the Challenger exploded, and when the recent shuttle crash happened the words "Need Another Seven Astronauts" actually popped into my head almost immediately. That joke went around school for weeks if not months after Challenger. There was also much debate amongst the class nerds over whether it should actually be "Need Another SIX Astronauts" since one crew member was a teacher and not a fully trained astronaut. Kids have the strangest ways of dealing with death and the like...
I remember that one, too. There was also another punch line to the joke:

Q: What does NASA stand for?
A: Needed Another Shuttle Anyway.

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
At least there weren't any jokes about dandruff.