Warcraft III Expansion Beta
You wanted the mods, you got it. Now take their hint, since you obviously didn't take mine.

Quote:You've already stated that you weren't selected for the beta, and your posts discuss other ways to get CD keys and/or circumvent battle.net.

I have no interest in what you do on your own computer, but I do not think that's an appropriate use of the Lurker Lounge forums.

Thanks.

-Griselda
Roland *The Gunslinger*
i have the game and the beta...but my key has yet to come by still hoping the waves will give me one so i can play with you guys i play on useast most of the times
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
Griselda,Mar 6 2003, 09:15 PM Wrote:You've already stated that you weren't selected for the beta, and your posts discuss other ways to get CD keys and/or circumvent battle.net.

I have no interest in what you do on your own computer, but I do not think that's an appropriate use of the Lurker Lounge forums.

Thanks.

-Griselda
You're right about that,i shouldnt have mentioned it.But i just dont get why people get so angry at something like that.Like you said it's my bussiness and i wont talk about it anymore
If you don't get it, go back and read my post. If you still don't get it, bang your head against a brick wall. Maybe it'll give you a jump start.

What you are asking is ILLEGAL. Regardless of whether you play it on the Battle.Net servers or not, you are asking for an ILLEGAL PIRATE of copyrighted software. Blizzard has stated that they WILL NOT be hosting the data anywhere but on the Battle.Net servers for the explicit reason of attempting to avoid piracy, which prevailed the last beta. It doesn't matter what your intentions are. They mean jack.

I don't even know why I'm wasting my time with you, so from now on, I won't. Get it through your thick skull: you can't have a copy of the software. You want it? Go find it yourself, and DON'T come here looking for illegal, pirated software. Better yet, just leave altogether.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
bervaz,Mar 6 2003, 02:58 PM Wrote:I dont think you get the point.I want to play the game , just that . Now I'm not asking for anyone here to give/sell their cd keys nor i'm asking for someone to tell me where to download it(i suggested kazaa myself remeber ?).I got and original WAR3 and i'll get the original expansion too,the waiting is what troubles me.Now why dont you stop acting like a mod and let them do their job,if the mods dont like what i'm saying i'm sure they'll come around and edit/erase my messages after banning me.Last time i checked Bolty owened this bord not Roland
Look, you seem to think that just because the Warcraft III Expansion Beta is "free," it's okay to pirate it. Unfortunately, what you're talking about is STILL piracy. I know it's easy for me to trash people who want to sneak into a beta since I always seem to magically get in Blizzard beta tests, but the fact remains that you'd be stealing their software. Like it or not, these beta tests are a closed environment used for balance testing (since people discover cheese tactics that they patch out) and some PR hype. They shell out a great deal of bucks to run these tests, and they don't want people like you trashing that.

In fact, BnetD was a great project, running undisturbed by Blizzard for a long time, before it got abused to run the original Warcraft III beta off of Blizzard's servers. That smashed it, bringing Blizzard's hammer down on the project. That should let you know how they feel about this. Please don't discuss the stealing of their software on the Lurker Lounge boards. How about showing some respect for the company that makes these great games - we all know that good gaming companies are pretty rare.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I cant beat Bolty's argument,at the time i was thinking of running the beta using lancraft so i didnt have to depend in b.net.I understand it's piracy and all but i still think there is no harm to it.Also i dont want his or anyone else's cd keys.And the thing that bothers me the most was Roland's ape attittude that kept constantly bashing me for expressing MY point of view.But we have to end this thing at some point so,just as Roland did,i'm droping the subject