Warcraft III Expansion Beta
Any lurkers up for a friendly beta game or two this weekend? I promise to stink (cause I do). Easy win for you. Post here if you have the beta and would want some fun with some Lurkers.

My account name is, as you'd suspect, Bolty.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Boy, sure wish I could get to be a randomly selected Beta tester...

;)
*Swarmalicious - USeast Hardcore
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - W Wonka

The Flying Booyaka and The Legend of Bonesnap
I got in :D

And my name is just as original. Plus it may be a win for you as I stink too - just ask Gnollguy! :D
tal125,Mar 4 2003, 09:38 PM Wrote:I got in :D

And my name is just as original. Plus it may be a win for you as I stink too - just ask Gnollguy!  :D
You aint that bad, and I aint that good either I play against the AI most of the time, different world than against people.

I might be in soon, we'll see if it pans out.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Bah, I hate you all :P

I never have any luck with random drawings, or contests of any sort. The beta looks to be shaping up quite nicely though, and I look foreward to another great expansion.

Hopefully this one comes with the fabled quality know as "balance". :D
[Image: lumsig.jpg]
haha me niether I just figure its due to the fact I have a slower than poop computer. ahahahahaha POOP
One Spark Lit the Sky on Fire
[Image: bugzap.gif]
Nope, since I do not have the original game I had to pass this one too. :( And I passed the original game too since it is not my type of game, hence why I don't have it :)

That is why I stick to NetHack for now. Perhaps we meet in the next beta, if it is a fun type of game and I have time :)
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
I know a few people who got in.

Never applied myself though, because I don't have WarCraft III and nor do I have a decent computer on which to run it. Tried the demo, and actually it was just slow instead of the very slow I was expecting.

Gogo 166MMX :)
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
And, as such, so did I. ;) If only because he's SO COOL as to let me "borrow" his key, since he's not on much, and I'm on almost all the time. :D

Look for me as (ready for it?): Roland, on Sunken Ruins. Or, possibly, on the other server to let Dat play. ;)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
RL a bit busy lately, I figure I would be using a beta slot that could be used by someone with far more time to devote to actually figuring stuff out. Having played bloody little WC III in the past four months, I have to re learn all my old hot keys and adapt to the last changes in the last patch. So, my participation would be pretty pointless.

While I'd love to join you, Sir Bolty, I simply am not going to be able to.

Played with a few friends last Friday night in a nine person game. While fun, I was completely bass ackwards and my build order was beyond laughable. :o
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
...I'd gladly put it to use. ;)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
I have been fortunate to be invited to participate in this beta as well and would be more than willing to have a fun game with anyone from the forums here. I'm using the name Tfarcraw.

Have fun and maybe I'll bump into some of ya...
I have no luck at all,now that i could be avaiable for the beta i dont get chosen but when there was the D2Classic beta (a long long time ago)i got chosen but my pc broke down a few days before the beta testers were announced so i just got to play the end of the last week.
PS:is it possible to find a copy of the beta on kazaa ?
Let's honor Blizzard's desire to run their beta their way.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Then again, Blizz in their infinite wisdom have decided that anyone can download the Beta installer. Hell, I downloaded it myself, and will promptly be taking it apart with an MPQ viewer just to sate my curiosity later.

Fortunately, they've kept the bulk of the Beta under wraps :) I understand that, once you've ran the installer, you must then connect to Battle.net with your unique key (Which Blizzard, if they have any sense, has regulated strictly and knows which key belongs to who) to download the rest of the game files.

Must suck if you're on a 56k modem :P
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

Looks guys i'm just want to play the game.If someone can get the beta then someone can make you run the beta outside b.net . I myself have the program (i know you all heard of it)that lets me play with this friend that copied my cd(he didnt get my cd key)through IP.I dont want to be a problem to the beta or anything
The beta is closed for a reason. Blizzard has already EXPLICITLY stated that they will NOT be hosting the game content anywhere but on the Battle.Net gaming servers. The only way to get the data is to have a VALID beta CD key, as well as a VALID installation of Warcraft III. Blizzard has already adamantly stated that they WILL crack down on anyone who tries to circumvent these measures, in addition to putting a halt to any and ALL attempts at selling your Beta CD key.

You want to get in the beta? Jump on Google or Kazaa or whatever the hell else you want to try and find it. Don't come here. We don't want to deal with this kind of crap, and we don't want to deal with you. We do NOT condone cheating, piracy, or any other sort of illegal, immoral behavoir around here. So do us all a favor and get lost, if all you can bring to this community is pestering for software illegally.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Well said.

Some moron tried to sell a key for $300 on eBay. I guessed it wouldn't take long.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

Roland,Mar 6 2003, 05:40 PM Wrote:The beta is closed for a reason. Blizzard has already EXPLICITLY stated that they will NOT be hosting the game content anywhere but on the Battle.Net gaming servers. The only way to get the data is to have a VALID beta CD key, as well as a VALID installation of Warcraft III. Blizzard has already adamantly stated that they WILL crack down on anyone who tries to circumvent these measures, in addition to putting a halt to any and ALL attempts at selling your Beta CD key.

You want to get in the beta? Jump on Google or Kazaa or whatever the hell else you want to try and find it. Don't come here. We don't want to deal with this kind of crap, and we don't want to deal with you. We do NOT condone cheating, piracy, or any other sort of illegal, immoral behavoir around here. So do us all a favor and get lost, if all you can bring to this community is pestering for software illegally.
I dont think you get the point.I want to play the game , just that . Now I'm not asking for anyone here to give/sell their cd keys nor i'm asking for someone to tell me where to download it(i suggested kazaa myself remeber ?).I got and original WAR3 and i'll get the original expansion too,the waiting is what troubles me.Now why dont you stop acting like a mod and let them do their job,if the mods dont like what i'm saying i'm sure they'll come around and edit/erase my messages after banning me.Last time i checked Bolty owened this bord not Roland
You've already stated that you weren't selected for the beta, and your posts discuss other ways to get CD keys and/or circumvent battle.net.

I have no interest in what you do on your own computer, but I do not think that's an appropriate use of the Lurker Lounge forums.

Thanks.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete