Fat and sodium for breakfast
ewwwww! yuck!
Urgh......the eggs kinda remind me of mashed potatoes, but they're EGGS? :o
A dangerous man is a man with nothing to lose.
Hmm, perhaps some of the worst health-offenders are beginning to change their tune:

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_75554...u=news.quirkies

Or, maybe more likely, the same guy who thought up serving tacos at a Burger King has been hired by McDonalds...
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Mithrandir,Mar 1 2003, 02:28 AM Wrote:Hmm, perhaps some of the worst health-offenders are beginning to change their tune:

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_75554...u=news.quirkies
Huh? Here you can get 100% pure orange juice in mcdonalds...then again you can also get beer in mcdonalds here.

I've been fascinated with American foodstuffs ever since I tasted my first twinkie so many years ago. I couldn't believe that a spongecake could taste so, well, oddly artificial.
I didn't really see any eggs in that breakfast meal. Or was that yellowish powdery stuff that looked little like couscous supposed to be eggs.

Another thing. What's that white stuff they have in plastic buckets and that they throw on the frying surface on some movies that have scenes in diners? It looks little like lard, but I don't suppose people would go to a diner and pay to get fried lard?
As I went grocery shopping and picked up my weekly quota of frozen foods, there it was staring me in the face. The All Day Breakfast, exactly as shown in the linked article. Now that I know it is poison in a tray, I felt strangely compelled to try it, so I bought one and ate it for breakfast this morning. So if this is the last time I ever post, you all know why :)

So far I only have two complaints: no syrup included for the pancakes, and I was still hungry after finishing the meal :P

The main ingredient in the notorious eggs actually is eggs, although there are many other ingredients in them too....
I think my favourite quote from the arcticle is this:

>When I took this massive beastly breakfast out
>of its box, I swear to God, the theme from 2001
>was sung downward from the clouds.

:D

So, Nystul, was that true? :lol:

And to think that my usual breakfast is a large glass of watered-down juice (grapefruit or passionfruit a.k.a. maracuja), because water alone doesn't seem to go down well in the morning for me.

Those eggs look scary :ph34r:
You are quite correct. According to this site, one egg yolk has 213 mg of cholesterol. From this "breakfast," you'd get 690 mg, or slightly more than three eggs.

Quite surprising to me, considering I know someone who's somewhat health-conscious (you know how most girls are), who I've seen eat three boiled eggs. Though there is some debate on HDL (good) and LDL (bad) cholesterol. Apparently, some studies show that people respond differently to those kinds of cholesterol. For some, LDL is actually good, and HDL bad.

(OT - what's with not being able to use good ol' HTML in my posts. Grr ...)
Correct me if I'm wrong (it's been a while since I've had biology), but I was under the impression that cholesterol is not like carbohydrates or proteins or fats. That is, they're not really energy sources, and so, will not be used up in activity. I think cholesterol is actually a steroid, or steroid precusor that's used in cell membranes to keep them fluid in various temperatures. The stuff that affects your blood are the proteins that carry the cholesterol around in the bloodstream (the HDLs and LDLs).

If someone more knowledgable about biology could help?

And considering the amount of ligation in the United States, I think I'm right in wondering why there haven't been lawsuits filed. (I think I'm on the same side as you on the issue, Kharohz.)