Dnd Who?
Skandranon, I'm pretty sure everyone here knows alignment tests are not serious or useful. But I suppose if anyone here did not realize that ( :blink: ), you've done them a service.

Tibbs
But, what were your results? :)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

choatic good elf cleric
white dragon
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
Hi,

Thank you for that. You've done a great job of pointing out that the D&D alignment system is too simple, that evil does not see itself as evil, and that those tests are totally meaningless. I agree on all three counts. Someday we'll have to start a thread and discuss how an alignment system could be done right for a game. Or if it can be done at all.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

For the First:

Neutral Evil Human Fighter

Neutral Evil characters believe in Number One. Their personal gain takes precedance over all else, and they will work with whomever necessary and whatever institutions necessary to further their own goals.

Humans are the 'average' race. They have the shortest life spans, and because of this, they tend to avoid the racial prejudices that other races are known for. They are also very curious and tend to live 'for the moment'.

Fighters are the warriors. They use weapons to accomplish their goals. This isn't to say that they aren't intelligent, but that they do, in fact, believe that violence is frequently the answer.

And for the Complete Alignment Test:

Law: 3
Chaos: 1
Good: 0
Evil: 8

Your alignment: Lawful Evil

Heh, looks like I like Evil or something...I mean its not like evil is the most diffacult and rewarding alignment to play correctly... ;)

-Urza
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Well, why not go to how White Wolf uses alignments. By saying that there arent any and that you have your own personal Nature and Demeanor. A Nature is how you think of yourself on the inside, weather your a Fanatic, a Bully, a Leader, or a Child. While the demeanor is how you project yourself to those around you, using the same list of discriptors (there are literally hundreds of possible Natures and Demeanors, much more than the four I listed). Many, many concepts are availible to help advance roleplay because of this system. Want to play a very animilastic druid who only wishes to show his mastery over all creatures? Nature: Predator Demeanor: Alpha This means that at heart you live to hunt as any predator, and to people around you you seem to be the top dog, someone who will always be at the top of the social ladder. Also, these different discriptors allow you to differentiate between characters easier. A person with the decriptor Alpha is much different than someone with Leader. This all adds up to better characteraization of who your playing, leading to better roleplaying as opposed to ROLLplaying. Just my two coppers...

-Urza
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Hi,

Well, first, a game is the rules. Otherwise all you have is chaos.

Now, in many games there is a trade off between two ill defined concepts: playability and complexity. As exemplified by Risk and Third Reich. One can play a whole game of the former in less time and with less thought than one turn of the latter ;)

So, it sounds like White Wolf (which, BTW, I'd never heard of) replaces the two axis of D&D with two of its own. And instead of making you choose from the extremes and the middle, it gives you more choices. That does sound like an improvement. However, you are still describing very complicated behavior on two axis. So, while you've increased the complexity some and bought a somewhat better system for describing your character, it is still a bit simple.

For a start, what you've done makes you what you are. I think you have to dig a little deeper than just characteristics to motivations and experiences before you can come up with a "good" character basis. That's why I feel that a good requirement for roleplaying is that each player has to supply the DM with a bio of the character. That, and behaving consistently, are the best I know of for doing characters well. However, I'm at a loss for how to program "Find a good DM, give him the info and follow his lead" into a computer. ;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Pete,Feb 25 2003, 06:30 PM Wrote:However, I'm at a loss for how to program "Find a good DM, give him the info and follow his lead" into a computer. ;)
It's called Baldur's Gate ;)
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
True Neutral Elf Fighter Ranger

Time Mage

Green Dragon

Chaotic Good

rascal
First one:
Quote:You Are A:

Neutral Good Elf Ranger Mage
Follower Of Mielikki

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXX (3)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXX (6)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXX (4)
Lawful Neutral -- (-2)
True Neutral ---- (-1)
Chaotic Neutral - X (1)
Lawful Evil ----- X (1)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXX (4)
Chaotic Evil ---- XX (2)

Race:
Human ---- XXXX (4)
Half-Elf - XXX (3)
Elf ------ XXXXXXX (7)
Halfling - (-9)
Dwarf ---- (-5)
Half-Orc - (0)
Gnome ---- XX (2)

Class:
Fighter - X (1)
Ranger -- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Paladin - X (1)
Cleric -- XX (2)
Mage ---- XXXXX (5)
Druid --- XXXX (4)
Thief --- XX (2)
Bard ---- XXXXX (5)
Monk ---- X (1)[QUOTE]

Second one:

Fire Mage. Air/Spirit describes me somewhat better, although I have to admit, I do like playing with fire-starting equipment. *evil glint*

Third one:
[QUOTE]As the vast Forests that protect our Planet, your Dragon color is... GREEN

Fourth one:
Quote:Law: 4
Chaos: 4
Good: 1
Evil: 3

Your alignment: Neutral Evil

From WotC:

Quote:Your Character’s Alignment

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Neutral.

Neutral

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

I'd say the overall description sounds pretty good. A Neutral Evil Green dragon that shapeshifts into a Neutral Good Elf Ranger/Mage. :) But as avowed atheist, I will probably just leave bodies to rot in the forest as "offerings" at best.
There needs to be all of the above on number 12. :D

But I am...

Chaotic Good Gnome Ranger Cleric
Follower Of Baervan Wildwanderer

Alignment:
Chaotic Good characters are independent types with a strong belief in the value of goodness. They have little use for governments and other forces of order, and will generally do their own things, without heed to such groups.

Race:
Gnomes are also short, like dwarves, but much skinnier. They have no beards, and are very inclined towards technology, although they have been known to dabble in magic, too. They tend to be fun-loving and fond of jokes and humor. Some gnomes live underground, and some live in cities and villages. They are very tolerant of other races, and are generally well-liked, though occasionally considered frivolous.

Primary Class:
Rangers are the defenders of nature and the elements. They are in tune with the Earth, and work to keep it safe and healthy.

Secondary Class:
Clerics are the voices of their God/desses on Earth. They perform the work of their deity, but this doesn't mean that they preach to a congregation all their lives. If their deity needs something done, they will do it, and can call upon that deity's power to accomplish their goals.

Deity:
Baervan Wildwanderer is the Neutral Good gnomish god of forests, travel, and nature. He is also known as the Masked Leaf. His avatar is always accompanied by an intelligent, giant raccoon, named Chiktikka Fastpaws. His followers, like him, enjoy the outdoors and work to protect it and guard those who also enjoy it. Their preferred weapon is the halfspear.
"if the bible has taught us anything,and it hasn't, is that boys should stick to boy sports and girls shoud stick to girl sports like hot oil wrestling."-homer simpson
Me-"OH MY GOD,OH MY GOD!!!! 1.10 WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WHAT!!!!!....I know what. Fix my computer."
The two best internet comics in the web, penny-arcade and El Goonish Shive. For you.. Also for you.
Quote:You Are A:

Lawful Good Elf Bard Mage
Follower Of Oghma

Well, Im happy. Lawful good fits me perfectly. :)
By all means marry. If you get a good wife you will become happy, and if you get a bad one you will become a philosopher.
I didn't like the mage test, I thought that nothing in those situations had anything to do with mage-types. I understand the personality, but IMO they should have had more questions about magical types and ethics, not really a camping story. Meh. The others weren't too bad though! :)
WWBBD?
1st test:
Neutral Good Half-Elf Ranger Bard

2.) Life mage

3.) COPPER

4.)Chaotic Neutral
Didn't like the last one. ;)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I am a:

Lawful Evil Elf Mage Druid
Follower Of Velsharoon

Time Mage

Gold Dragon (lawful good - must remember to skew my answers more towards evil next time)

Lawful Evil again
True Neutral Elf Mage Druid. I am a Time Mage. I'm a Tan Dragon. And for the last, Lawful good.
I am an interesting mix...Lawful Good Half-Orc Ranger Fighter follower of Mielikki, a Spirit Mage, a Blue Dragon (fairly accurate, except for the fact that I like the mountains and all), and lastly, Chaotic Evil. I don't know why, but it picked evil even when I had equal parts Evil and Good. Hmm. When I play, though, I am usually a Dwarf Fighter with a big ol' Dwarven Waraxe. My characters are always Chaotic Good unless the class prohibits it.
<span style="color:red">Now lounging in the Amazon Basin.