Welcome To The New Lurker Lounge Forum!
Griselda,Feb 13 2003, 06:17 PM Wrote:I don't think there's a way to view the entire thread from the forum index page.  I agree that this is annoying, but I'm hoping we'll get the hang of it.
Right, you can't. That may appear in future versions of the threaded view hack I've got installed, but not this one. This forum software, by default, does not have threaded views - and since that was a requirement here, I made sure I got this modification working.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
By the way, do you know how irritating it is to catch and remove every place in this forum software where it normally shows post counts?

There's no option to disable them - I had to hack them out. :P This software even has crap like "Top Ten Posters." What a way to encourage nothing but crap to be posted to your board...I don't know why people think post counts are a good idea.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
OOps sorry Bolty about reporting your post. I was mistaken, I thought I was replying. Any ways I agree with Bolty in this post count.
**Paul**
I will make weapons from your bones--Smith
"I am pond scum"--Bull Shannon from Night Court
The last one is a line in the show. It is a very funny line. You have to watch the episode to understand the phrase.
I love this new look
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
I hit the "report this post" button instead of the "reply" button on my very first post to this forum (when we were testing). :P

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Deadlyman,Feb 13 2003, 11:09 PM Wrote:OOps sorry Bolty about reporting your post. I was mistaken, I thought I was replying. Any ways I agree with Bolty in this post count.
Hmm... that's right the Reply and Quote buttons seem in an unnatural place at the top of each post. Anyway you can move these buttons to the bottom of a person's post and move the report button up top?
Ok thanks. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.
WWBBD?
WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This new layout ROCKS! :) :) :) :)
():::::::::::::::/================================>
AlphaFang
<================================\::::::::::::::Sad)
Druids are the Bomb!
Hi,

Now, if someone were to write a nice program that accurately *rated* posts, that would be nice. I can see it now:

Member: Dufus
Number of posts: 27,456,736
Average value on a scale from 1 to 10: -72.5

:)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Because I never actually had an account at the old lounge, I figure I'll say it here. With all the talk about Hotmail accounts not working, when I signed up, I literally immediatly opened up hotmail and went to my inbox, and the confirmation e-mail was already there.
By the way, the board amazes me with it's l33tness.
Fantusta,Feb 15 2003, 04:44 AM Wrote:Because I never actually had an account at the old lounge, I figure I'll say it here.&nbsp; With all the talk about Hotmail accounts not working, when I signed up, I literally immediatly opened up hotmail and went to my inbox, and the confirmation e-mail was already there.&nbsp;
I posted similar on the old board . . . Hotmail worked fine for me too, with the medium setting of the Junk Mail Filter turned on.

Quote:By the way, the board amazes me with it's l33tness.

Really? It satisfies me with it's averageness. :P The old DC board is hardly a comparative yardstick . . . unless of course one is defining lowest common denominators for a base level reference value. :lol:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Ah, here we are, sort of looks familiar, nice atmosphere . . . guess I'll belly up to the bar and see which Lounge Lizards hit on me . . . :D
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Thanks, Bolty.

Very cool. :)

I'll go back to lurking now.

There's a really cool feature I've seen on sites based on Slash. A reply to original post button is nice, especially when you're buried three pages in a thread.
keenduck,Feb 14 2003, 09:16 PM Wrote:There's a really cool feature I've seen on sites based on Slash. A reply to original post button is nice, especially when you're buried three pages in a thread.
That's there. At the top/bottom of each thread page, you'll see a slightly larger "Add Reply" button.

-Bolty
Add Reply test -- using the Add Reply button at the top in line with New Topic and New Poll

Hi,

And that is a bit confusing at first. Three reply buttons on the screen that do two different things. But we'll all figure it out by and by ;)

--Pete

Quote:Now, if someone were to write a nice program that accurately *rated* posts, that would be nice. I can see it now

We have something like that on the SCG forums.

It doesn't work. Morons, as you know Pete, outnumber smart and absolutely wuv each other.

Edit : DAMN THE LACK OF U IN YOUR SPELLING OF COLOUR! DAMN YOU!!!!

Hehe.
Dufus reporting!

How do you get your own avatar to work? I've never had one but I just found a picture I really like on the net. First, I tried the site, then I saved it to Word and tried it that way. Neither worked.

Please help?
A plague of exploding high-fives.
Hi all,

I've been a Lurker for a long time here, this new forum was a good excuse to register!
Nice board Bolty! No more corruption problems hopefully...
*goes back into lurking mode* :ph34r:

Oohh... nice smileys B)