PvP Tournament...
Quote:I think perhaps Ashock's reaction may have been similar to mine: "Hmmmm, a PvP competition. This could be fun. I'll check it out and see if any of my old DSF buddies are interested." Some reading ensues, then some more reading, and then we get to the trash talking... "Rats, it just looks like it's only some 10 yr olds entering! My ancient reflexes wouldn't stand a chance. Oh well, it could have been fun otherwise."

Seriously though, the reason I, and a few others never really got into PvP was due to the fact that so many duelers manage to do such a great job of making themselves sound like complete jerks. While I'm sure most aren't, those sorts of impressions do last.

Hmm, this seems like a rather unfair and general observation. Many duelers can be jerks yes, but I think this really applies to people anywhere....d1 or otherwise, its hard to find nice people nowadays. That said, I try not to let these sorts of things get in the way. PvP is an artform itself of d1, and deserves the same respect as other areas of the game whether it be Ironman, co-oping, playing LOL or a number of other variants, or whatever it is you like to do best. Dueling is the ultimate test where players can test one anothers skill against eachother, and unlike monsters, people have flair and imagination so every person you play against will be a different experience. Naturally in any event like this, there is going to be competition, and due to D1 being a predominantly male played game, there is going to be a bit of testosterone about. But all in all, this event is turning out to be a positive thing, several older players have taken notice of it and have fancied a return to d1, and it has brought many different cultures together in the legit community as well.

Cheers
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
It seemed to be pretty amicable until Screw showed up. He may be a skilled player, but his etiquette, posting style, and attitude with regards to duping are all really pushing it by the standards of this community. Don't let that kind of nonsense become the focal point of this thread, and everything should be fine.
Quote:It seemed to be pretty amicable until Screw showed up. He may be a skilled player, but his etiquette, posting style, and attitude with regards to duping are all really pushing it by the standards of this community. Don't let that kind of nonsense become the focal point of this thread, and everything should be fine.

Agreed.

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Quote:Hmm, this seems like a rather unfair and general observation.
Well, I did say that I'm sure most of them aren't jerks. It's the trash-talking that gives the imprression though. And it's not a D1 thing. Trash talking is prevalent in all competative PvP environments (I know some really nice people that turn into comlete pricks when you play tennis against them). Why, I don't know, but I'm sure there's probably a very good psychological reason for it.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Quote:I think perhaps Ashock's reaction may have been similar to mine: "Hmmmm, a PvP competition. This could be fun. I'll check it out and see if any of my old DSF buddies are interested." Some reading ensues, then some more reading, and then we get to the trash talking... "Rats, it just looks like it's only some 10 yr olds entering! My ancient reflexes wouldn't stand a chance. Oh well, it could have been fun otherwise."

That.
Quote:It seemed to be pretty amicable until Screw showed up. He may be a skilled player, but his etiquette, posting style, and attitude with regards to duping are all really pushing it by the standards of this community. Don't let that kind of nonsense become the focal point of this thread, and everything should be fine.

I agree, but if you would see fireice trashtalking on both LE and POL-1, with arguments like "you (...) poles should be kissing our assess for saving you in WWII" (buy a history book btw.) you would think of Screw as of an ethiquette role model;).

Oh, one more thing - please dont form your opinion about the polish community based on one jerk, because thats what many people from POL-1 did. Dont make the same mistake.

And fireice, we know you are the best dueler ever, so now please just disappear for the sake of LE and POL-1.
--

kEMpEs(A)

ex: GbS, SR, KGB, EPI
Quote:I agree, but if you would see fireice trashtalking on both LE and POL-1, with arguments like "you (...) poles should be kissing our assess for saving you in WWII" (buy a history book btw.) you would think of Screw as of an ethiquette role model;).

Oh, one more thing - please dont form your opinion about the polish community based on one jerk, because thats what many people from POL-1 did. Dont make the same mistake.

And fireice, we know you are the best dueler ever, so now please just disappear for the sake of LE and POL-1.

Never said I was the best dueler ever. But I do feel I am good enough to hold my own against anyone. That isnt being arrogant, thats being confident.

As for me me disappearing from the legit d1 community, wont happen anytime soon. I have many friends in the LE channel, as well as some in Deu-1/Hun-1 and even 1 or 2 in Pol-1 so dont get your hopes up about me disappearing anywhere :)

Screw made several disparaging comments about Emelaldo at the LE channel, who is not only a very honest and honorable player, but also a friend of mine. To see this bug abusing, no-skill having jerk wad insult Eme and myself was a complete joke in my eyes, so I responded accordingly. And its not just me who doesnt like Screw, the entire LE channel (minus Kurgan, who doesnt count anyway) thinks hes a total douche (even 3 of the people there who I dont get along well with took my side in this issue, what does that tell you?). He will NEVER get the respect there that Eme, myself, or any of the other regulars that go there have until he both becomes legit and learns some ethics and manners, period. Of course, im sure he doesnt care if he gets respect there or not, but if he doesnt, he may as well stay in Pol-1 cause aint no one outside his community gonna play with someone who willfully cheats and acts like a jerk all the time.

If you are civil with me, im civil with you, and we can get along just fine even if I dont agree with your opinions. But if you act like a jackass to me, im gonna be one right back, but x 10. Plain and simple.

Quote:But if you act like a jackass to me, im gonna be one right back, but x 10. Plain and simple.

My very last warning on the subject: Not HERE you won't. Keep the b.net trash talk and attitudes off the forum. It's the moderator's job to handle the jackasses.
Tal's Edit: I wasn't kidding - Topic closed. Feel free to open another one provided all involved can keep a civil tongue.
--

kEMpEs(A)

ex: GbS, SR, KGB, EPI