Portal free on steam until the 24th.
Steam is yes.

I have 70 games on there now just checking every few days for specials. Good classic, or even relatively new, games for 2-10 dollars all the damn time, if you just check and pick 'em up at the right times.
Quote:Which 3rd world nation do you live in?

I know people in America who can only get dial-up, so what's your point?

As for my connection, I choose not to have a phone line, so that limits connection options. I have a wireless modem which uses RF, but I live in a building with 2' thick stone walls, which weakens the signal. If it's raining, the signal is degraded even further.

Quote:You can play Steam games in "offline" mode.

You have to have the game first. I tried downloading from them once, but gave up after the 6th or so connection error.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
I played (and finished) Portal ages ago. Great game. Simple concept, great fun.

This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
(05-19-2010, 09:12 AM)LennyLen Wrote:
Quote:Which 3rd world nation do you live in?

I know people in America who can only get dial-up, so what's your point?

As for my connection, I choose not to have a phone line, so that limits connection options. I have a wireless modem which uses RF, but I live in a building with 2' thick stone walls, which weakens the signal. If it's raining, the signal is degraded even further.

You don't live in a prison?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(05-19-2010, 04:31 PM)LavCat Wrote: You don't live in a prison?
I should think the bars would act like an antenna.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:You don't live in a prison?

No, I live here:

[Image: 1894702012_6f66e1df30.jpg?v=0]

-W.C. Fields
They have internet in the dark ages?
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
(05-19-2010, 11:56 PM)LennyLen Wrote: No, I live here:
Nice... I think I've been there... Is this your garage?

[Image: Typical_Medieval_Farm_House.jpg]
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Quote:Is this your garage?

It is! You have been here.

-W.C. Fields
Portal newbie update:

Portal is awesome! I don't think I'm too far into the game. I just did Test Chamber 19 and suddenly everything got serious! I am playing it in little chunks because I want to savour every last bite (and my son won't let me play it unless he is watching because he also thinks it's great fun).
(05-21-2010, 02:09 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I just did Test Chamber 19 and suddenly everything got serious!

I envy you...for you are getting to play it for the first time.

Keep going, it gets even better...
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(05-21-2010, 02:58 AM)Bolty Wrote: I envy you...for you are getting to play it for the first time.

Keep going, it gets even better...

If anyone spoils anything about Portal in this thread I swear I will hunt them down with a chainsaw.
(05-21-2010, 04:46 AM)DeeBye Wrote: If anyone spoils anything about Portal in this thread I swear I will hunt them down with a chainsaw.
Funny you should mention it, you're almost at the part where you get the chainsaw.
Angel

-Jester
(05-21-2010, 05:33 AM)Jester Wrote:
(05-21-2010, 04:46 AM)DeeBye Wrote: If anyone spoils anything about Portal in this thread I swear I will hunt them down with a chainsaw.
Funny you should mention it, you're almost at the part where you get the chainsaw.
Angel

-Jester

I miss Wasteland. Chainsaw was the second best weapon in the game.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(05-21-2010, 05:33 AM)Jester Wrote: Funny you should mention it, you're almost at the part where you get the chainsaw.

I think I need to boycott LL until I am done Portal.
I think it's time for these:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=247
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/videos/stillalive.php

-W.C. Fields
Portal is an awesome game!
I have just completed Test Chamber 19. That was quite a fun game. Looks like I put about 2.5 hours into it so far in my little bits and pieces style of play. Smile Of course there is so much more I can do with it now if I like, but that was thoroughly enjoyable use of my time. Smile
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
[quote='Gnollguy' pid='176319' dateline='1276389068'] Looks like I put about 2.5 hours into it so far in my little bits and pieces style of play. Smile /quote]

heh, yeah, I think I put about the same amount of time, maybe a little more, but my style of play was more like stay up until 3 in the morning the night I downloaded it.

The challenges are significantly tougher.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
I'm at the end boss, and have defeated all but the last part.