Vevuzula ridicule/hate thread
Guy should sue his boss for not providing a suitable work environment. Smile
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
(07-08-2010, 01:18 PM)eppie Wrote: I just read that in Holland a guy got vuvuzela fired today.

Some colleagues of his had been using vuvuzela's for some time already and he got pissed with them and asked them several times to stop.
The next day they had build a mega-vuvuzela using pressurized air, which made an enormous noise.
So the guy took a big knife and cut the vuvuzela in two.

He had to go to his boss who fired him.

Sad for the guy but hell of a story.
I found an article, and one in Dutch.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(07-08-2010, 01:18 PM)eppie Wrote: I just read that in Holland a guy got vuvuzela fired today.

Some colleagues of his had been using vuvuzela's for some time already and he got pissed with them and asked them several times to stop.
The next day they had build a mega-vuvuzela using pressurized air, which made an enormous noise.

To bad the guy's not in the US, he'd have a major lawsuit against the company for harrasment (he asked them to stop and they went and continued).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(07-08-2010, 10:55 PM)Lissa Wrote:

To bad the guy's not in the US, he'd have a major lawsuit against the company for harrasment (he asked them to stop and they went and continued).

I think firing him was the right choice. He basically took a knife to another employee's property. Annoying or not, that sounds like a firing offense to me. Also, the article only says that the worker asked his colleagues to stop. The boss isn't mentioned until the firing happens. Clearly the correct response when something is happening and confronting the responsible party about it doesn't solve the problem is to then go to the Boss for a solution. This doesn't sound as if it happened. So it seems pretty clear to me that while the vuvuzela playing employees should also be punished; the guy was fired with ample cause.

Heck, even if the Boss was in on it (which the article linked by kandrathe also doesn't say he was) I still think the guy should have been fired. Taking a knife to another employee's property is pretty much going to get you fired in most cases that don't involve lunch.
(07-09-2010, 12:08 AM)swirly Wrote: ... I still think the guy should have been fired. Taking a knife to another employee's property is pretty much going to get you fired in most cases that don't involve lunch.
One day at work, I saw a maintenance man taking all of the firemans' axes from the walk-in freezers and spray-paint "For Emergency Use Only" on their handles. I told him that the warning was a little paradoxical: if you saw one of these folks walking the floor with this in hand, consider this— if there was no emergency before, there sure as hell was one now.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
(07-09-2010, 12:08 AM)swirly Wrote: I think firing him was the right choice.
Unfortunately, you are right. He should have complained to his boss of a vuvuzela induced migraine and left sick, and repeat each day until the children are done with their toys.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Yes! It Blends!

(07-15-2010, 07:36 PM)kandrathe Wrote: Yes! It Blends!

Hm. Maybe those Germans should try it with the full orchestra, then.

-Jester