Vevuzula ridicule/hate thread
A thread for all Vevuzula hatorz. Post anti-Vevuzula shizzle here. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B2LPxggvqY
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
I find them less annoying than airhorns and those silly clacker things you get at sports games here.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Isn't it "Vuvuzela"?
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(06-21-2010, 11:31 AM)Crusader Wrote: A thread for all Vevuzula hatorz. Post anti-Vevuzula shizzle here. Smile

My vote is for outright banning the vevuzela, and also permanantly renaming it to the "lawaaimaker ergeren". However, I'd also vote for all football, rugby, and American football matches starting with the teams doing a Polynesian Haka or Hula at midfield.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD6Cmqt3Jto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlossqmU18E

Although, I'd also want more of the full out frenzied faces and the tongue thing. This is something fans might chant at each other as well.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I mis-read this title as an anti-Venezuela thread and was ready to respond to the tune of "You shouldn't object to the country, just it's jackass President"
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
There's a company in Israel that has created a sound processor to edit out the Vevuzula's in real time. Don't know if the TV groups that are contracted by FIFA have purchased the processor or not, but it is available.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(06-22-2010, 11:43 AM)Lissa Wrote: There's a company in Israel that has created a sound processor to edit out the Vevuzula's in real time. Don't know if the TV groups that are contracted by FIFA have purchased the processor or not, but it is available.
Oh! A Zionist plot to destroy sport, or make a hefty profit!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

(06-21-2010, 11:31 AM)Crusader Wrote: A thread for all Vevuzula hatorz. Post anti-Vevuzula shizzle here. Smile

[Image: 801a0712-488b-4e8b-9cae-b7543a17b3ad.gif]
Apparently the Florida Marlins gave them away at the gates one game and sold a ton more tickets than their usual 25 or whatever. The players and manager HATED it, but the guys upstairs were happy.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
They might hand out cigarettes at the gate, and invite everyone to smoke up the place too. This is why when you go to the game, you bring a radio that is broadcasting the game, and wear ear plugs.

[Image: 5ca3d3cb_inglouriousvuvuzelas.jpg]
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Brahms and Ravel played on the Vuvuzela. An exclusive performance for ZEIT ONLINE in the Konzerthaus Berlin
The amount of training going to waste in that trio is truly astounding.

On the other hand, the Vuvuzela Bolero only gets old fractionally faster than the actual Bolero, and it ends much sooner.

-Jester
Hi,

(07-01-2010, 08:59 PM)Jester Wrote: On the other hand, the Vuvuzela Bolero only gets old fractionally faster than the actual Bolero, and it ends much sooner.

Are you referring to the music or to the film? Because, once I thought to turn the sound off, the film was quite enjoyable. Wink

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

(07-01-2010, 05:01 PM)Tal Wrote: Brahms and Ravel played on the Vuvuzela. An exclusive performance for ZEIT ONLINE in the Konzerthaus Berlin
I find the Kazoo, Ocarina and Ukulele(or hurdy gerdy) are so much more versatile for instruments also known for comedy. But, then again, an entire audience playing Casio DG20's is probably not possible.

This thread is infinitely more interesting when it is viewed in this manner.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Before I actually heard them, I heard a radio personality describe them as sounding like a swarm of flies on fresh dog poo. I agree.
(07-02-2010, 02:14 AM)Bolty Wrote: This thread is infinitely more interesting when it is viewed in this manner.
Eeew. Truly evil. ... must go wash out ears... eyes... bleeding...

(07-02-2010, 02:14 AM)Bolty Wrote: This thread is infinitely more interesting when it is viewed in this manner.

Evil. Diablo IV will be called "The Wrath of Bolty" and will be a million seller many times over.

Mark
My
Words
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I just read that in Holland a guy got vuvuzela fired today.

Some colleagues of his had been using vuvuzela's for some time already and he got pissed with them and asked them several times to stop.
The next day they had build a mega-vuvuzela using pressurized air, which made an enormous noise.
So the guy took a big knife and cut the vuvuzela in two.

He had to go to his boss who fired him.

Sad for the guy but hell of a story.