The Old Republic
Cool, got my time for the test, 10am on Friday US time, unfortunately that 2am Saturday here, guess I'll be up early then.
Once in, is it worth choosing a specific server? since it's only a weekend pass I'm assuming that everything will be wiped before the launch.
But is there anything i should be more aware of starting out?

I will be starting Sat at ten. Sucks though cause I will be ot of town until Sunday since they decided to do this Thanksgiving weekend.
No email yet for my time. I guess that means I don't get a go until Sunday. Sad I had problems with one of the errors people have been getting with the launcher patching but that is resolved and I had actually confirmed and started the download a few days ago. I hope it was based on the confirmation date rather than the finished install so I might still have a chance to get in earlier.

[edit] email came while I was posting - looks like I'm in for Saturday anyway Smile
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Just try launching the launcher on Friday morning at 10 AM Central, if the play button lights up, you're in.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
[Image: Leviathan.jpg]

Don't think I'm making it onto Leviathan Tongue

Waiting for them to open up servers, all the "Heavy" 's are currently erroring out.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
(11-25-2011, 06:49 PM)Frag Wrote: [Image: Leviathan.jpg]

Don't think I'm making it onto Leviathan Tongue

Waiting for them to open up servers, all the "Heavy" 's are currently erroring out.

Estimates seem fairly bad at the moment. I'm seeing weird numbers like 12h, 24h, and things like that. Came back from errands and tried to log on and found 560 person queue for Lev, but it's down to 90ish now after half an hour.

Also be glad you're on new toons, they have a really nasty bug right now for the long term testers (and I have it as well) where you cannot access your crew skills or companions if you were running missions when they did a maintenance on Wednesday. Needless to say, Andronikus Revel has been bringing me tons of level 5 Treasure Hunting gems when ever I zone into something... >.>
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

All I get is a "You are logging in from a region that we do not allow someone to play from." Despite getting my e-mail saying I'm in this weekend.

Oh well.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Yeah, I can't seem to get into a server, everytime I finish a queue I receive a 1005 error. Babysitting so it's not like I'd have a ton of time to play anyway, maybe they'll open some more up later.
(11-25-2011, 08:14 PM)Frag Wrote: Yeah, I can't seem to get into a server, everytime I finish a queue I receive a 1005 error. Babysitting so it's not like I'd have a ton of time to play anyway, maybe they'll open some more up later.

I don't even get a server list. My message pops up on the launcher right after I put in the account and password info.
---
Well, Missouri is pretty out there.

Wink
(11-25-2011, 08:35 PM)Frag Wrote: Well, Missouri is pretty out there.

Wink

Pretty much. Smile

Looks like despite doing the download and install on Wed I get to do it all over again. So I've got 11 some GB remaining.

Wish they would have already bumped me from 15 to 25Mbps; all the slower plans got their speed bumps a month ago, when they changed out my modem earlier this week they said it would still be another week or two. I'd like my 66% speed increase for when I have to do stuff like this. Smile Oh well.
---
I can't even get that far, i start the launcher and wait......and wait......and wait.
I can't open ANY internet page, it seems to lock my connection, even closing the browser i have to restart to be able to open a web page.

Seems like a lot of issues, and if GG is getting told he's out of the regions allowed i must be out too......

Seems stupid really.
Well it's re-installed but the play button just stays greyed out on the launcher now.

This is not promising for the stress test. Smile
---
(11-26-2011, 12:23 AM)Gnollguy Wrote: Well it's re-installed but the play button just stays greyed out on the launcher now.

The button stays gray until your start time. If they told you this morning at 10am, then there is a problem. If it is 10am Saturday or Sunday, then it sounds like you're good to go. At least I hope so since I've installed but my play button is gray and they emailed me that my start is Sat 10am.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
So finally made it in, feeling and thoughts proceeded thusly:

First 20m: Another WoW clone, terrible controls, game looks terrible (comparing to Skyrim), miss bunches of stuff from WoW/Skyrim.
Next 40m: Nice voice acting, controls are better than I thought, the fact they don't have high-res textures is just baffling, still wish I could sprint...
3 hours later: I love this game so damn much, god it's amazing how awesome Kotor the MMO is! Definitely buying, graphics are really good (art direction, overall 'mood', etc.. grew on me, lack of high res textures still a neg), can't stop playing...
8 hours later: Tori "I want to play, that looks great, I really love the voice acting and decision based conversations!"
11 hours later: So... tired... but.. this... Flashpoint... A W E S O M E!!!!!!!

Flashpoints are brilliant, I actually made friends with the 3 pugs I picked up. The conversation system is just so good for getting to know one another. I can see the potential for trolling, but damn if it's not awesome for the moment Big Grin
Agree, i havn't spent a lot of time on one class, played the Imperial Agent, Trooper and Sith Warrior, all have been fun, though the trooper is a bit boring personaly.
Agree about the Sprint, the voice acting is good, grafics are nice too.
Love the ships that hang in the air on some planets.
Havn't been to a flash point level yet.

But, yes i agree, a brilliant game, WoW is right to be afraid....very afraid.

Smile
Where/what are folks? Is there any point in trying for the same server/faction just for the weekend? Last time, when I tried Leviathan, it had the biggest queue on the list so I ended up on Bondar Crystal, iirc.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I'm on Uphrades, and it would be nice to do the lvl 10 flashpoint together, but it doesn't have to be there.

Edit: Haven't heard back so I'm heading to Bonder Crystal, I assume Sith, but could you advise, Loch? On a Bounty Hunter named Ogre.
(11-26-2011, 08:20 AM)Frag Wrote: So finally made it in, feeling and thoughts proceeded thusly:

First 20m: Another WoW clone, terrible controls, game looks terrible (comparing to Skyrim), miss bunches of stuff from WoW/Skyrim.
Next 40m: Nice voice acting, controls are better than I thought, the fact they don't have high-res textures is just baffling, still wish I could sprint...
3 hours later: I love this game so damn much, god it's amazing how awesome Kotor the MMO is! Definitely buying, graphics are really good (art direction, overall 'mood', etc.. grew on me, lack of high res textures still a neg), can't stop playing...
8 hours later: Tori "I want to play, that looks great, I really love the voice acting and decision based conversations!"
11 hours later: So... tired... but.. this... Flashpoint... A W E S O M E!!!!!!!

Flashpoints are brilliant, I actually made friends with the 3 pugs I picked up. The conversation system is just so good for getting to know one another. I can see the potential for trolling, but damn if it's not awesome for the moment Big Grin

Yeah, until you turn up a couple settings, the graphics can look pretty dull. It's set to minimum settings when you first launch it, so you definitely have to tweak the graphics before really going further.

And there's no way I can ever go back to WoW now due to WoW's graphics, the garishness is just too much.

So yeah I see some Mass Effect design in this game right from the get go and it isn't just because my female alliance trooper is voiced by the same voice actress who does the female version of Shepard in the game. The dialog options feel very much like ME and the graphics appear to be a scaled down version of the ME graphics. This is all good since the ME games were quite good.

It doesn't do full screen windowed mode right though. It fully minimizes when you swap to something on the 2nd monitor.

---