The Old Republic
Got my email!!! But.... the site is down for maintenence. Sad
Or not. Stupid confusing email. I'm not in this weekend's test, I'm in a future weekend test which will likely be the last.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthrea...it10675750
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Yeah I just figured this out as well. Oh well
I have been selected to participate in the weekend stress test...

Lied, I have been selected to participate in an /upcoming/ weekend stress test.

Oy Sad
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
From talking with people, you can get on Levithan, which is where I'm at. So if you're up and going, stop by, I can put the guild together... >.>
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
If you are still hoping to get into at least the stress test:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/14/star-w...-giveaway/

could help your chances.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
(11-14-2011, 02:46 PM)Gnollguy Wrote: If you are still hoping to get into at least the stress test:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/14/star-w...-giveaway/

could help your chances.

Anyone who was registered before the 11th should get in, by the way.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Speaking of stress tests..... Damn, I am impressed. No MMO that I've tried since I've started WOW 6 years ago, has impressed me compared to it.

Until now.
(11-14-2011, 06:08 PM)Ashock Wrote: Speaking of stress tests..... Damn, I am impressed. No MMO that I've tried since I've started WOW 6 years ago, has impressed me compared to it.

Until now.

Like I said, it's fairly polished, some bugs still to squash, but it looks like it's in better shape to launch than WoW was when WoW initially launched.

And I can say, after playing TOR, I cannot look at WoW again, just way too garish in colors compared to TOR.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

(11-14-2011, 07:45 PM)Lissa Wrote:
(11-14-2011, 06:08 PM)Ashock Wrote: Speaking of stress tests..... Damn, I am impressed. No MMO that I've tried since I've started WOW 6 years ago, has impressed me compared to it.

Until now.

Like I said, it's fairly polished, some bugs still to squash, but it looks like it's in better shape to launch than WoW was when WoW initially launched.

And I can say, after playing TOR, I cannot look at WoW again, just way too garish in colors compared to TOR.

I think for me it was even more than just polished. I actually enjoyed the story and quest progression, and that's just up to lvl 10. Now, I've not played Worgen or Goblins, but the standard WOW races/Classes not counting DKs, have basically nothing at all in the first few levels except killing boars and raptors.

This is like KOTOR + WOW. I hope it lasts.
(11-14-2011, 09:14 PM)Ashock Wrote: I think for me it was even more than just polished. I actually enjoyed the story and quest progression, and that's just up to lvl 10. Now, I've not played Worgen or Goblins, but the standard WOW races/Classes not counting DKs, have basically nothing at all in the first few levels except killing boars and raptors.

With Cataclysm the old races had many of their starting quests redone. For example young gnomes now start fighting in Gnomeregan.

"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(11-14-2011, 10:54 PM)LavCat Wrote:
(11-14-2011, 09:14 PM)Ashock Wrote: I think for me it was even more than just polished. I actually enjoyed the story and quest progression, and that's just up to lvl 10. Now, I've not played Worgen or Goblins, but the standard WOW races/Classes not counting DKs, have basically nothing at all in the first few levels except killing boars and raptors.

With Cataclysm the old races had many of their starting quests redone. For example young gnomes now start fighting in Gnomeregan.

Yeah, I quit WOW a month into Cata. I've seen the redesigns. They are not even close in quality. That plus the fact that WOW is 7 years old, and going kiddie.
(11-14-2011, 09:14 PM)Ashock Wrote:

Until now.

I think for me it was even more than just polished. I actually enjoyed the story and quest progression, and that's just up to lvl 10. Now, I've not played Worgen or Goblins, but the standard WOW races/Classes not counting DKs, have basically nothing at all in the first few levels except killing boars and raptors.

The story goes all the way to level cap. Act 1 goes to they early to mid 30s, Act 2 then goes till the late 30s/40, and Act 3 then finishes up the climb up to level 50.

I've almost reached Act 3 on the Sorcerer in prior build, I should see the whole thing this time around since I'm about to enter Act 2 on the Sorcerer now.

I find it strange that there are all these Beta key competitions going around, yet those of us that have been down for beta testing for ages aren't being invited first.
I understand that there are more people than would be places for testing, but why are they using external companies to give away keys?
Seems like a bid to build favor before the reviews begin.
Ahh well, will have to wait and see now i guess.
(11-15-2011, 12:13 AM)mistique Wrote: I find it strange that there are all these Beta key competitions going around, yet those of us that have been down for beta testing for ages aren't being invited first.
I understand that there are more people than would be places for testing, but why are they using external companies to give away keys?
Seems like a bid to build favor before the reviews begin.
Ahh well, will have to wait and see now i guess.

These aren't full beta keys, these are for the weekend stress tests. Everyone that has created an account the SWTOR website prior to 11/11/11 will be in on the last stress test. These beta keys they're giving away is really for those that haven't signed up at present.

And, download the client as soon as you get the email, it's a hefty 30G which isn't bad for someone with FiOS or a big pipe cable connection, but if you're around the T1 speed or smaller, it's going to take quite some time to download.

(11-15-2011, 12:11 AM)Lissa Wrote:
(11-14-2011, 09:14 PM)Ashock Wrote:

Until now.

The story goes all the way to level cap. Act 1 goes to they early to mid 30s, Act 2 then goes till the late 30s/40, and Act 3 then finishes up the climb up to level 50.

I've almost reached Act 3 on the Sorcerer in prior build, I should see the whole thing this time around since I'm about to enter Act 2 on the Sorcerer now.

Then I guess all depends on endgame content. It's cool though. I figure by the time endgame comes, Diablo 3 should be almost out, so it's all good. Either the endgame content is good, or it's Diablo 3 time. 2012 should be a good gaming year.
If you have the client installed, go ahead and uninstall it. Bioware is putting out a new build tomorrow that appears to be mostly cilent changes with very few server side changes. The new download is 20G and they're recommending to uninstall the prior client.

(11-16-2011, 03:50 PM)Lissa Wrote: If you have the client installed, go ahead and uninstall it. Bioware is putting out a new build tomorrow that appears to be mostly cilent changes with very few server side changes. The new download is 20G and they're recommending to uninstall the prior client.

Thanks for the info.
Got my invite to test, doesn't say when though, have Dl'd the game, stuck on the "additional activation steps" due to the login server not responding, guess me and 50,000 ppl are trying to connect at the same time, lol.

K, got it up and ready to go, just have to hang on the invite emails over the weekend.........oooooh can't wait.