What are you listening to?
Aww.... Sad

I was thinking Pandora would be something to check out too. So when I saw Jim's link, I went for it.

And the result was this:

Quote:Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

We believe that you are in Canada (your IP address appears to be 99.xxx.xx.xxx{edited out by me}). If you believe we have made a mistake, we apologize and ask that you please contact us at pandora-support@pandora.com

If you are a paid subscriber, please contact us at pandora-support@pandora.com and we will issue a pro-rated refund to the credit card you used to sign up. If you have been using Pandora, we will keep a record of your existing stations and bookmarked artists and songs, so that when we are able to launch in your country, they will be waiting for you.

We will be notifying listeners as licensing agreements are established in individual countries. If you would like to be notified by email when Pandora is available in your country, please enter your email address below. The pace of global licensing is hard to predict, but we have the ultimate goal of being able to offer our service everywhere.

We share your disappointment and greatly appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,

Tim Westergen

Tim Westergren
Founder
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

(03-27-2011, 12:02 AM)ShadowHM Wrote: Aww.... Sad

Really though... The internet is still FREE! At least until they fry Julian.

www.anonymous-proxies.org

If you look around you will see how to get access to content blocked by stupid US laws.

”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(03-26-2011, 07:29 PM)--Pete Wrote:
(03-26-2011, 06:11 PM)LavCat Wrote: I *think* I am OK now, thanks. I had a rough night, actually about a rough fourteen hours.

I hope so. Your first post had me worried, so I skipped down to this one and was relieved that it seems over. Not really my business, but: you should get that checked out, it could be nothing, it could be an early symptom of any number of intestinal problems. Many of them can be controlled even without medication once diagnosed. In any event, I'm thinking good thoughts for you -- which probably will not help you at all, but it makes me feel better. Smile

--Pete

Did bring a smile to my face. Thanks.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Hi,

(03-26-2011, 10:45 PM)Jim Wrote: I was able to log into my Pandora account after many years of inactivity.
It appears I only have 1 station "Doo Wop"...yet I'm listening to South Pacific a broadway musical.

Pandora works with 'types' of music -- what you tell it by selecting stations and liking/disliking pieces is your preference in types. At first, it is pretty hit or miss, but if you give it feedback, it narrows down pretty fast. After about a week, I was getting 80% or more 'good' stuff and only a few bummers per hour. And I've discovered dozens of pieces I'd never hear (or had forgotten) that I really like.

(03-26-2011, 10:45 PM)Jim Wrote: To share My station, I need to send you this URL:

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh319388646145928389

WoW the URL works here at the forum. Smile

Was that supposed to take me to your profile or mine? Because it took me to mine -- not that I mind, but I hope my bank has better security than that. Apparently I need a password to get into my account, but anybody else can do it by clicking a link. That is just too funny.

(03-26-2011, 10:45 PM)Jim Wrote: Pete this is your complete list:

Yeah, that's basically what I posted above plus the latest changes. I'm finding that using individual performers/composers works better than genres or individual pieces to get both variety and constrained to what I enjoy.

(03-27-2011, 12:02 AM)ShadowHM Wrote: Aww.... Sad

I was thinking Pandora would be something to check out too. So when I saw Jim's link, I went for it.

Sorry to hear that. Both for you, in that you're being deprived of a good service for no good reason, and for the world as yet more bureaucracy replaces freedom. Let me second kandrathe's oblique suggestion -- find an anonymizer and go for it.

(03-27-2011, 03:28 AM)LavCat Wrote: Did bring a smile to my face. Thanks.

Good, since that's about all I can do for you.

And your you're welcome. (They say the legs go first, but they are wrong -- grammar is the first casualty of age. Wink )

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

(03-26-2011, 04:57 AM)LavCat Wrote: Nope, says it requires Flash.

So install Flash then.

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
At this tiime Modà vincerà
(03-27-2011, 03:47 AM)--Pete Wrote: Hi,

Pandora works with 'types' of music -- what you tell it by selecting stations and liking/disliking pieces is your preference in types. At first, it is pretty hit or miss, but if you give it feedback, it narrows down pretty fast. After about a week, I was getting 80% or more 'good' stuff and only a few bummers per hour. And I've discovered dozens of pieces I'd never hear (or had forgotten) that I really like.

(03-26-2011, 10:45 PM)Jim Wrote: To share My station, I need to send you this URL:

Was that supposed to take me to your profile or mine? Because it took me to mine -- not that I mind, but I hope my bank has better security than that. Apparently I need a password to get into my account, but anybody else can do it by clicking a link. That is just too funny.

--Pete

Hi,

That link was for Your station, however when I tested it it took me to My station, so I did an edit & changed Your to My. I received that URL number using your email address in Pandora search.

Pete you got mail. I sent you a Link to My station using the Pandora send a link system. Idea

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Hi,

(03-27-2011, 03:34 PM)Jim Wrote: Pete you got mail. I sent you a Link to My station using the Pandora send a link system. Idea

This is getting just too funny. I got your e-mail (and added you to the safe senders list) and clicked on the link you gave. It took me directly to *my* Pandora page, where I could do pretty much anything. That's two ways that you've found to bypass the login screen. I sure am glad I use strong passwords (lol)!

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

(03-27-2011, 09:55 AM)LennyLen Wrote:

So install Flash then.

That would be one solution but I don't want Flash on my computers. And no I don't play WoW on an iPhone.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(03-27-2011, 06:28 PM)LavCat Wrote:

So install Flash then.

That would be one solution but I don't want Flash on my computers. And no I don't play WoW on an iPhone.

If you sign up for a YouTube account, then you can join the HTML5 trial by going here. Th HTML5 player works on most modern browsers.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
I'm at work, so I'm listening to www.ckua.com - I work at that radio station, so it's coming through the speakers in the building all day long. Smile
[Image: 4456451BAREs.png]
(03-27-2011, 06:28 PM)LavCat Wrote:
So install Flash then.
For a moment when I first (mis)read this, I thought you said "flesh". While reminiscent of our Diablo roots, I was thinking... "Who would (want flesh on their computer)?"

I hadn't heard about the WowiPhone stuff either. Can you now call in your raid results? :-) "A blazing chaotic animated video miasma ensues followed by a brief summation of who has died, and who gets the loot."

But really! We might get our eBay and AH bids confused.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(03-27-2011, 03:34 PM)Jim Wrote:
(03-27-2011, 03:47 AM)--Pete Wrote: Hi,

--Pete

Hi,

That link was for Your station, however when I tested it it took me to My station, so I did an edit & changed Your to My. I received that URL number using your email address in Pandora search.

Pete you got mail. I sent you a Link to My station using the Pandora send a link system. Idea

Jim this is just a GREAT listen! Thanks so much! I am rockin' to "Be My Baby" as I write.

I've started using Amazon Cloud, because I buy a lot of singles MP3s from them. I'm loving its portability. It's free online storage mainly, but I've got everything on it from Clapton to Madame Butterfly to the Allman Brothers. Really liking it! Problem is you can't share. It's a private space.

Oh how I miss LaLa.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/user/cru...ites?src=5

Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy VI)
-The Black Mages
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
(04-09-2011, 03:14 AM)Sabra Wrote:

Jim this is just a GREAT listen! Thanks so much! I am rockin' to "Be My Baby" as I write.

I've started using Amazon Cloud, because I buy a lot of singles MP3s from them. I'm loving its portability. It's free online storage mainly, but I've got everything on it from Clapton to Madame Butterfly to the Allman Brothers. Really liking it! Problem is you can't share. It's a private space.

Oh how I miss LaLa.

Hi Sabra,

They don't make music like that anymore. Sad

Listen here: Jim's Oldies station @ Jango

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
I was looking through trailers for upcoming games and came across "Elder Scrolls V Official Gameplay Trailer - Skyrim". The music in that so impressed me I looked it up on Grooveshark and put it in my playlist. The music is so... MANLY!
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.