Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 casting call.
Hey Lurkers!

I've been spending a lot of time lately learning the ins and outs of producing gaming related YouTube videos. So far I've only been doing Terraria videos but in the next few weeks I'm going to break into a Minecraft Let's Play series as well. More importantly, with the upcoming (Oct-Nov) release of Torchlight 2 as well as the (Who the hell knows?) release of Diablo 3 I am going to be looking for a handful of Lurkers that are interested in putting in Multiplayer sessions as part of recording sessions for both of those games.

Things that I am looking for in participants:
1. (4) Torchlight players and (5) Diablo players - So that each playable class is represented in the videos. (If you are only interested in one of these games that is fine. It is probably easiest for me if the same players participate in both games but it is not neccessary.)

2. Individuals that are dedicated and able to make it to one 2 hour play session for each game each week. (At present I can only upload 15 minute videos onto YouTube, thus a 2 hour session will provide enough footage for a video each day plus one extra.)

3. Players with access to a mic and the ability to use Skype or Mumble. (This point is flexible. I would like to have engaging conversation within the videos but also don't want to struggle with sound editing. If it becomes too much of a hassle to have upwards of 5 people talking and in turn effects the quality of the video I'm willing to have people that just converse through chat etc.)

If this sounds like something you may be interested in please respond here or to me directly through PM. I would like to get this project moving so that I can have a Torchlight 2 recording session as soon as possible after the games release.

Also, there has been attempts to bring more content to the front page of the lounge in recent months. Since I primarily want to do these sessions with Lurkers (as I don't have any desire to play with strangers, and you guys and gals all rule!) I want to offer any content that is produced with the help of other Lurkers for these games so that it may be used on the front page if Bolty and the lounge community desire.

If you all feel it is appropriate I would also like to attach a Produced by Lurker Lounge tag on the videos as if this does develop I wouldn't be able to do it without other Lurkers. The possible downside of this, however, is that with each of these games that is released we tend to get people that don't really fit in here that stream in for awhile, having an "officially" labled LL video series could possibly bring more of that to the site.

There is a lot of things that need to be worked out, but I put it out to you all. Let me know what you think, and if you are interested in participating get in contact with me.
Absolutely for D3.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
I definitely will have D3, and more than likely T2 as well. I really am looking forward to seeing the results of this but I just don't think I can commit to a schedule to help out Sad
I'd be glad to jump in on D3, depending on the schedule.
See you in Town,
-Z
Sounds like there will be some interest for the D3 sessions. That's good to hear. We've probably got a good bit of time to iron out all the kinks for any videos for that game.

Back in the D2 games I was one of the players that participated in Sirian's Elemental Strike team sessions and having been involved in that I know how much bad scheduling can impact the quality of the gameplay sessions. This is one of the reasons that I want to do 2 hour sessions. Under the assumption that each episode that is produced will fall just under 15 minutes this allows me the option to release videos daily with an extra stocked episode while recording sessions weekly but also allows me the option to release episodes slower (say 4 a week) while having a large set of back-logged episodes to work around scheduling issues. End goal would be to have enough scheduling flexability to work around anything that comes up while also maintaining a consistent gameplay session so that people don't lose interest or just become detached from what happened in the last session.

When D3 gets a release date and it gets closer to that I'm going to start trying to contact anyone that shows interest (same with Torchlight 2) so that we can set up times to play around with audio settings and figure out the best way to handle commentary issues.

Thanks for the replys so far!
This would be totally awesome; I'm all for it. Not sure if I can be one of the players in the vids, though.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I am always willing to game with you Chess.
Ziig (Warrior) - Ako (Hunter) - Amo (Paladin) - Ziade (Monk) - Ziag (DK)
I've been leaning more and more towards getting D3. I just enjoyed the first two (and their expansions) far too much. I think it would be great to do this, but I'm not sure just how my schedule would work out with other folks.
Intolerant monkey.
Depends on the schedule. Maybe. Thursday nights are OUT for me. Utterly.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I can probably do Torchlight 2 just got into the first game. This is jr so my schedule isnt too great.
I'd be very interested in taking part for both games. Wide open schedule (busy person ya'know!), good net connection and computer (can probably stream/record at least 720p).

If you need help with anything, just let me know.
Count me in tentatively for both games. I can't really pass up running with this crew, now can I? Wink
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Tentative list of players-

Roland - Torchlight 2/Diablo 3
MonTy - Torchlight 2/Diablo 3
Crushar - Torchlight 2
Treesh - Diablo 3 (possible)
Zarathustra - Diablo 3 (possible)
Frag - Diablo 3
Ziig - Torchlight 2 (???)/Diablo 3 (???)
Occhidiangela - Diablo 3

So far this is a strong core group to work with. If schedules are workable we could form full groups for both games with these players. This doesn't mean that lineups are set, however, so if other people think they may be interested definitely sign up.

Right now I am just waiting for a set release date for Torchlight 2. When that is announced I will contact anyone that has expressed interest in that game so we can all get online and do some recording/audio tests. Anyone that signs up or has already signed up leave a note in your post if you are uninterested or unable to participate in audio commentary (like I mentioned above this doesn't exlude you from participating), it will probably be more important that you can at least listen to others on skype/mumble than have access to a mic.

Prior to that it would be great for anyone that is interested it doing this to take some time to check out other Let's Play series on YouTube to get a feel for what might play out. The videos I have been putting out so far can be found in the link in my sig. Other series that I've been watching are: AvidyaZen, TotalBiscuit, and Kevin's stuff.
I have never played torchlight. Maybe I should give it a look.

I intend to play D3.

My handle ends with an a, not an o, even though you got the gender right. Smile
Occhi works too.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
(09-11-2011, 12:17 AM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: The videos I have been putting out so far can be found in the link in my sig. Other series that I've been watching are:

Checked out your Let's Play videos this morning. Nice quality on them, video and audio sounds great- I assume you have a decent setup?

(09-11-2011, 12:17 AM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: Right now I am just waiting for a set release date for Torchlight 2.

This game is taking a lot longer to release than expected, but I'm not complaining. I felt they needed to balance things a bit more with the original Torchlight. I've been consuming all data/watching all videos for both Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3, and everything looks amazing. Better get your pointer finger ready and extra mice stocked up Wink
(09-11-2011, 11:52 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: My handle ends with an a, not an o, even though you got the gender right. Smile

That it does, my appologies!
(09-11-2011, 01:52 PM)MonTy Wrote: Checked out your Let's Play videos this morning. Nice quality on them, video and audio sounds great- I assume you have a decent setup?

I have a pretty decent recording setup at the moment. So far every game that I've recorded I've been able to play at 1080p while Fraps-ing. Fraps records it at halfscale and then when I go back into editing and render the video it is upscaled back to 720p. I get some loss in fidelity during the process but I don't think it is too noticable. Hopefully in more action based games that can have a lot of chaotic spells etc. it remains high quality. I don't want to have to play at anything under 720p for either Torchlight or Diablo as, chances are, resolutions lower than that will start to have noticable artifacting after editing and rendering.

Audio commentary I spent a little bit of money picking up a Blue Snowball mic and a pop guard and I am in love with it. I don't do any sound editing or processing for any of my Let's Play videos and record the audio commentary through fraps while playing so any clarity is solely attributable to the mic. This is really going to be a sticking point for the sessions going forward though. We'll see what needs to be done to maintain quality recordings with a full party available in voice chat.
Looks like Crushar my dad(was jr ealier) is expressing interest in doing torchlight 2 as well.