Things I didn't notice in the patch notes
Quote:The building in Moonglade between the druid teleport arrival and the Thunderbluff/Darnassus flightmasters no longer dismounts you. (Yes!)
There's been a lot of places updated to no longer automatically dismount. The buildings connecting the rises in Thunder Bluff were changed in 2.4, but 3.0 added scads more.

A few notable places to, er, note:
- Many of the buildings on the Isle of Quel'danas (Some dismount in odd places, the lower floor near the blacksmith won't, or at least you'll be able to run through it before the dismount time kicks in, but the bridge across the second floor will kick you off your mount.)
- Undercity Zeppelin towers (Orgrimmar ones still dismount.)
- All boats and zeppelins
- The Dark Portal on the Azeroth side. Yes, it's true: And if you cross over to Outland mounted, you'll still be mounted on the other side.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:There's been a lot of places updated to no longer automatically dismount. The buildings connecting the rises in Thunder Bluff were changed in 2.4, but 3.0 added scads more.

A few notable places to, er, note:
- Many of the buildings on the Isle of Quel'danas (Some dismount in odd places, the lower floor near the blacksmith won't, or at least you'll be able to run through it before the dismount time kicks in, but the bridge across the second floor will kick you off your mount.)
- Undercity Zeppelin towers (Orgrimmar ones still dismount.)
- All boats and zeppelins
- The Dark Portal on the Azeroth side. Yes, it's true: And if you cross over to Outland mounted, you'll still be mounted on the other side.

There are a number of buildings that don't dimount you.... unless you're Tauren and can't fit through the doorway mounted...

GRRR...

You become the only race that has to dismount to get into the horde towers in AV, and if you get the general's buff that increases your size, you may as well just stand at a GY, because you can't get ANYWHERE when you're larger.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:- Many of the buildings on the Isle of Quel'danas (Some dismount in odd places, the lower floor near the blacksmith won't, or at least you'll be able to run through it before the dismount time kicks in, but the bridge across the second floor will kick you off your mount.)

Actually I frequently won't be dismounted until I get upstairs to the NPC that gives out the Crush the Dawnblade daily.

Quote:- The Dark Portal on the Azeroth side. Yes, it's true: And if you cross over to Outland mounted, you'll still be mounted on the other side.

Fun fact - if you're on a mount that has a ground and a flight mode that works in ground mode in Azeroth (Magic Boomstick, Horseman's mount) you remain grounded even on the Azeroth side until you dismount and remount then it acts as both.
Quote:Fun fact - if you're on a mount that has a ground and a flight mode that works in ground mode in Azeroth (Magic Boomstick, Horseman's mount) you remain grounded even on the Azeroth side until you dismount and remount then it acts as both.
They added a cast time to the Magic Broom. It used to be instant.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Quote:Fun fact - if you're on a mount that has a ground and a flight mode that works in ground mode in Azeroth (Magic Boomstick, Horseman's mount) you remain grounded even on the Azeroth side until you dismount and remount then it acts as both.

I assume you mean you stay grounded when you cross from Azeroth to Outlands? The "scaling" mounts essentially act as four different types of mounts; i.e. one for each speed. The flight versions can run on the ground just as any other flying mount, though. When you cross over from Azeroth to Outlands while mounted, you simply stay on the ground mount.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:You become the only race that has to dismount to get into the horde towers in AV, and if you get the general's buff that increases your size, you may as well just stand at a GY, because you can't get ANYWHERE when you're larger.
Some mounts have a suitably low profile to get you through most doors. All Orc wolves, for instance. That's why I liked the Magic Broom mounts, since that had a ludicrously low profile.

... Okay, actually it's only wolves in my experience (And Windriders, but you can't ride them into AV). Kodos are too damn huge, as is the Black War Raptor. Even Talbuks, which look ridiculously small under a tauren and yet have an amazing amount of clipping issues.

Still, when it comes to blocking the postbox in Gadgetzan, nothing beats a fat moocow, a Kodo, and an Elixir of Giant Growth:P
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

Quote:You become the only race that has to dismount to get into the horde towers in AV, and if you get the general's buff that increases your size, you may as well just stand at a GY, because you can't get ANYWHERE when you're larger.

AFAIK draenei are the same size as tauren - the hut in booty bay for the alliance flight master you couldn't even fit through dismounted :rolleyes:

They may have fixed it for draenei and not tauren, though, since we all know Blizzard favours alliance. :whistling:
Quote:AFAIK draenei are the same size as tauren - the hut in booty bay for the alliance flight master you couldn't even fit through dismounted :rolleyes:
Pretty damn sure that tauren are the largest race. Male tauren especially. A male draenei is about on par with a female tauren.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

Quote:Pretty damn sure that tauren are the largest race. Male tauren especially. A male draenei is about on par with a female tauren.

Nope, Female Tauren are taller than males, it just doesn't look it because the males are more "husky". There were several places in the world during beta (Dwarven strongholds) where Tauren couldn't go because the ceiling is too low. Also, the reason for Lokthos at the MC entry was because Tauren Females couldn't fit through the window (males could).

As to tallest, I think the Troll Male has everyone beat, ever watched a Troll male during their bored animation where they stretch to full height? The come pretty close to doubling in height.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:As to tallest, I think the Troll Male has everyone beat, ever watched a Troll male during their bored animation where they stretch to full height? The come pretty close to doubling in height.
Hey, according to the canon, a male tauren at full height is close to 12 feet tall. It's just that they rarely rear up.

Anyway, back on topic, did anyone notice that 3.0.3 removed the "use item" sound from many things, especially mounts and tradeskills? Or is it just me.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

Quote:Hey, according to the canon, a male tauren at full height is close to 12 feet tall. It's just that they rarely rear up.

Anyway, back on topic, did anyone notice that 3.0.3 removed the "use item" sound from many things, especially mounts and tradeskills? Or is it just me.
yea, they broke a bunch of them too. It seems like a lot of quest items play the bandage sound.
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
Newman's Landing was a small hidden zone on the west coast of Dun Morogh, only accessible (still) by swimming around the coast of the Eastern Kingdoms either south from the Wetlands or north from Westfall. It was basically a small house next to a dock, with many (orcish) skeletons littering the area. One interesting thing to note of the area was that it was considered the coastal border between Westfall and the Wetlands, meaning if you died north of the Landing, you'd ress in the Wetlands, and if you died south you'd ress in Westfall.

For some strange reason, Blizzard decided to update this tiny zone in the middle of nowhere for Wrath.

The first change is that there is now a Goblin Blacksmith NPC, with the voiceset of a gnome, who is associated with Booty Bay. There are also two Booty Bay Bruisers guarding him, with the usual rep changes for killing them.

One thing to note is that the Bruisers have a long respawn time. I killed them last night and logged out at Newman's Landing, then found that they were still missing this morning. No easy Bloodsail rep for you! I think that Shelly is worth only 1 rep with the Bloodsail, but probably has a faster respawn.

The second change is that Newman's Landing is now considered part of Dun Morogh. Therefore, if you die you'll probably ress in either Coldridge (For Alliance) or Kharanos (For Horde).

Third, and this is still uncomfirmed, there are rumours of a ghost haunting the decrepit house on the landing.

Another thing to note is that now you can start the trip at Stormwind Harbor, if you're Alliance or (a very suicidal) Horde.

Now I'm wondering if they plan on updating the Tauren holiday village on the south coast of Silithus.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

Apparently "Shelly" gives Bloodsail rep even while Revered.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk