Path of Exile
Hope everyone is doing well, inside and outside of the game.

I actually played a good amount of Bloodlines. Got to 90 with a Fire Totem Blood Magic build, then ripped to Magaera, the Crematorium boss. She had extra damage, my curses expired, and I was a tad too slow hitting that instant potion.

It was extra fun that league as I had a good mapping group, 5-7 regular people nightly, including a dev from the game. We all ripped around the same time, so called it until the next league and expansion. Here's a fun screenshot of huge devos, the stuff made of nightmares: http://i.imgur.com/SATVE1k.png

Anyone else play Torment or Bloodlines? If so, what builds? I'm hoping they buff melee for the expansion. Especially in Hardcore, it's in a tough place right now.
(03-05-2015, 05:08 AM)MonTy Wrote: Anyone else play Torment or Bloodlines? If so, what builds? I'm hoping they buff melee for the expansion. Especially in Hardcore, it's in a tough place right now.

No I stopped playing after the patch came out. The rebalancing all looked fair, but made most of the builds I was working towards ineffective.
Started not so long ago, must tell you I'm enjoying it very much. Although I am not in closed beta, I still play and can't help but get excited about all the interesting stuff that is going to be added to the game when act 4 comes out.
Game is hard, good thing there are good stuff like this out there that helps new players kickstart their journey. Game is super awesome!
(04-23-2015, 02:41 PM)litrv Wrote: Started not so long ago, must tell you I'm enjoying it very much.

Glad you like it. What build are you playing? My gaming time is limited for the moment, but I'll certainly be trying out the new content when it launches.
Hail all,

Has anyone been playing PoE? Recently I've dipped my toe in, but that's just about it. Hope to give it a go with the upcoming Ascendancy expansion. Planning on making a RF Totems Chieftain Marauder, based off of this forum post. I usually play Hardcore but might try SC since it's been so long.

I updated the links on the root post to more current and useful ones. Let me know if I need to add anything.

Hope everyone is doing well.

-MonTy
Every so often when the mood strikes me. I am looking forward to where Ascendancy takes the game, but it also scares me from the sense or power creep.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Ironically, since I moved back to NZ (where the game was developed) four months ago, I haven't played at all. Ascendancy does look interesting though so I'll try to find some time. I haven't had much of that lately though, as I'm working 65-70 hours between Wednesday night to Saturday night, and then I also work Monday mornings. Sunday I generally just sleep and the rest of Monday and Tuesday I usually have booked out weeks in advance. Here's hoping. Wink
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
I'm really enjoying Ascendancy and the new Perandus league. I wanted my first build to be fairly easy to play right off the bat, and I never did play much Cyclone, so I gave it a whirl. Made it to 70 when I ran into the Tora Chieftan Totems that have Vaal Molten Shell and promptly died on my Berserker (I was mid-whirl and it was a near instant death) Tongue I'm glad I chose Hardcore though, it's been a lot of fun, especially the Labyrinth.

How's Ascendancy going for everyone else? I'm thinking of making a Trapper or Spark Totem build.
Annoying bug of note, one of the trap types introduced with Ascendancy considers your ES to be equal to 1/4 health, that means when you get hit by said trap, you take 4x damage. It's s'posed to be fixed, but I lost one HC Perandus character to this (couldn't heal quick enough with pots).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

(04-29-2016, 02:00 PM)Lissa Wrote: Annoying bug of note, one of the trap types introduced with Ascendancy considers your ES to be equal to 1/4 health, that means when you get hit by said trap, you take 4x damage. It's s'posed to be fixed, but I lost one HC Perandus character to this (couldn't heal quick enough with pots).

Yea, that's what I hear. Nasty bug to be around this long. I haven't braved an ES build yet, and I didn't quite accumulate enough wealth for a Cast on Crit ES Cyclone guy. I came close though. Had a 91 Voltaxic Sparker die to burst damage from a Perandus box, and my 91 max block Varunastra EQ'er is still going strong in Perandus HC, although I think I hit my limit with interest in this league. It was certainly fun, but it's tough playing anything after the Voltaxic Sparker. Such insane clear speed.

What type of builds have you played this league?
I've been doing my first totem build for the Perandus league. Dual Flame Totem and man it's been a breeze. I'm mid 70s now and gear heck is only just starting to get noticeable. I think I'll definitely continue this character when the league ends and he gets shipped off to normal where all my good gear is.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Hope everyone is doing well. I've continued my POE adventures, although much more casually. Played softcore Prophecy league this time around, and got a character up to 92 and my first temp league six link (woohoo). Played the very strong Earthquake Juggernaut Endurance charge build, which was a lot of fun to run uber lab fast and efficiently.

Also updated links on root post. Added a few nifty ones that are quite useful (daily lab layouts, atlas maps, etc).

My first character will be a crit flame totem inquisitor, then play by ear depending what drops for me, or what the new skills will be. But generally I'm going flame totem, then maybe Crit Doomfletch prism, Caustic Arrow, or Dual Rigteous Fire Totems.

So yea, anyone else planning on playing Atlas expansion?
(08-26-2016, 04:36 AM)MonTy Wrote: So yea, anyone else planning on playing Atlas expansion?

I think I'm taking Atlas off. Played JuggEQ in Perandus and Doomfletch Elementalist in Prophecy (after an aborted attempt at shield charge CoC ended up too squishy), but burned out both times just shy of Atziri and high tier maps. I just don't have the time to commit, I think. (Well, that and evidently I'm waaaay behind the level-up speed curve for some reason.) I actually haven't even looked at the new stuff Atlas will bring... I'll catch up whenever I decide to dip back into the pool.
Welcome to the Lounge. Hope you brought your portable bomb shelter. - Roland
Anyone play a good amount of Atlas? I've only played a bit to see what Blade Vortex is all about, and my gosh the clear speed is so insane. I'll probably play a bit more then take a break, would be hard going to another build after playing BV. Maybe I'll try out the new channel skills once they're released. The new Atlas system isn't quite enough to keep me grinding out maps. I had more fun doing uber lab runs last league with my Earthquaker.

I also started a solo-self-found account after getting a bit tired of trading and the normal POE routine. Not sure if I'll keep it up but it's fun trying to play off of the drops instead of instantly trading for items. Of course I find two exalts almost immediately which I'm sure I won't be using for a long time Tongue
I'm really interested at this point to see what they do with 3.0 which is when they introduce Act 5 and remove a difficulty (like Cruel). That's going to happen next year (like around March).

(10-26-2016, 07:41 PM)Lissa Wrote: I'm really interested at this point to see what they do with 3.0 which is when they introduce Act 5 and remove a difficulty (like Cruel). That's going to happen next year (like around March).

Agreed. I feel like in order to get really interested in the game again, I'm going to need a major change like Act 5 and removal of Cruel.

Have you played recently?
(10-27-2016, 11:07 PM)MonTy Wrote:
(10-26-2016, 07:41 PM)Lissa Wrote: I'm really interested at this point to see what they do with 3.0 which is when they introduce Act 5 and remove a difficulty (like Cruel). That's going to happen next year (like around March).

Agreed. I feel like in order to get really interested in the game again, I'm going to need a major change like Act 5 and removal of Cruel.

Have you played recently?

I'm playing in essence, but not very fast. I'm running three characters at the same pace (so they're all at the same point, all are up to the caves in Act 1 Merc). Playing ED/Con Occultist Witch, SRS Scion (about the only good thing for them now), and a Flame Totem Chieftain Marauder.

(10-26-2016, 07:41 PM)Lissa Wrote: I'm playing in essence, but not very fast. I'm running three characters at the same pace (so they're all at the same point, all are up to the caves in Act 1 Merc). Playing ED/Con Occultist Witch, SRS Scion (about the only good thing for them now), and a Flame Totem Chieftain Marauder.

Good mix of builds Cool. I wish I could enjoy playing Essence Drain, it's so powerful for little investment, but I didn't make it past 70 without wanting to play something else. I didn't last that long with SRS either, but I was surprised how good it was at leveling.

Having a hard time playing anything else this league due to how strong Blade Vortex is. Clear speed is really incredible with Vaal Haste and Whirling Blades. I'll probably switch back to playing Hardcore next league and go with slower builds. Hoping the new channel skills are fun!

Do you think they should add essences to the core game? I'm pretty mixed about them. They make leveling so much easier and give you more of a chance for better rares later on, but I feel they're a bit much to add to the core game.