This is what's wrong with the news these days.
[Image: 38807962.jpg]
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(09-26-2013, 05:57 PM)shoju Wrote: [Image: 38807962.jpg]

[Image: 32929750.jpg]
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
You're not dumb for having a different opinion. You're an idiot for not realizing that the reason people have a problem with you has nothing to do with your opinion.

It has everything to do with the fact that you will derail, redirect, push, and bully a conversation back to the same thing, so that you can spout the same opinion over and over and over again.

It has everything to do with the fact that you then, will go out of your way, to make sure that you try as hard as you possibly can to make yourself look smart, and superior to whoever you are in said conversation with.

It has everything to do with the fact that you are JUST FUCKING LIKE some of the people that you profess to have such problems with.

You are just like that Christian who just shoves god and jesus and their religion down your throat everytime they open their mouth. You do the same thing. Only you do it about Marxism, instead of Christianity.

But no. It all boils down to "we don't like you because you are a marxist" in your mind.

Because you're ego maniacal narcissism, and superiority complex wont let you fucking see it any other way.

It couldn't possibly be because i'm just a fucking asshole! There has GOT TO BE another reason

Nope. You're just an asshole.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(09-26-2013, 06:26 PM)shoju Wrote: You're not dumb for having a different opinion. You're an idiot for not realizing that the reason people have a problem with you has nothing to do with your opinion.

It has everything to do with the fact that you will derail, redirect, push, and bully a conversation back to the same thing, so that you can spout the same opinion over and over and over again.

It has everything to do with the fact that you then, will go out of your way, to make sure that you try as hard as you possibly can to make yourself look smart, and superior to whoever you are in said conversation with.

It has everything to do with the fact that you are JUST FUCKING LIKE some of the people that you profess to have such problems with.

You are just like that Christian who just shoves god and jesus and their religion down your throat everytime they open their mouth. You do the same thing. Only you do it about Marxism, instead of Christianity.

But no. It all boils down to "we don't like you because you are a marxist" in your mind.

Because you're ego maniacal narcissism, and superiority complex wont let you fucking see it any other way.

It couldn't possibly be because i'm just a fucking asshole! There has GOT TO BE another reason

[Image: head+up+the+ass.jpg]

you mad?

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
No, I'm not mad. I'm just tired of trying to read threads, and engage in threads, and then the massive Bourgeois Lemming Block comes in, and makes what was a good thread, all about capitalism, and how that's the root cause of everything.
And here I was worried about missing some new wisdom by having FIT on ignore! Cool beans. Rolleyes Big Grin
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Nope. If you heard how Capitalism sucked before you blocked him, and how anyone who doesn't agree with him is stupid, below him, a puppet, a follower, etc.... It's the same thing.

It always comes back to that. Every thread. It doesn't matter if it's about the news, or religion, or politics, or law enforcement, It's all about how capitalism sucks.

[Image: time-of-the-month-tiger-meme-generator-h...43d235.jpg]
(09-26-2013, 06:26 PM)shoju Wrote: You're not dumb for having a different opinion. You're an idiot for not realizing that the reason people have a problem with you has nothing to do with your opinion.

You know, Shoju, you and I don't see eye to eye fairly often, but...this time? Nail. Head. Right on it.

Big Grin
--Mav
I'll wear the asshole label as a badge of honor Smile. After all, it beats what you are: a complete fucking tool.

Then again, I was hoping to be called something more original, like a "dictator", "murderer", or even on here, once, "nihilist" (lol)......

Ooh Ooh!

I've been upgraded! I'm no longer just a simple minded muppet of the Bourgeois Oppressor's! I'm now a complete fucking tool.

[Image: success-kid-meme-generator-mission-accom...a4354f.jpg]

I tell ya, it's hard to be me. Pointing out the obvious, smashing the same point home into your thick skull. Maybe. Maybe one day, this Complete Fucking Tool (and dammitt, if you're going to call me that, it better be capitalized like a damn title) will finish it's intended task; getting you to realize we (people like me, not the "lounge". Wouldn't want to speak for others) don't like you because you're unlikable, not because you have a differing opinion than us.

I love my father to death. We've found ways to co exist and get along famously even though He's a fundamentalist Christian, and I'm... most decidedly not. We have differing opinions about most "big boy issues", but we can at least hold conversations with each other without having to try and brow beat our beliefs into the other one. Something, you have yet to master.
(09-26-2013, 09:55 PM)shoju Wrote: I tell ya, it's hard to be me. Pointing out the obvious, smashing the same point home into your thick skull. Maybe. Maybe one day, this Complete Fucking Tool (and dammitt, if you're going to call me that, it better be capitalized like a damn title) will finish it's intended task; getting you to realize we (people like me, not the "lounge". Wouldn't want to speak for others) don't like you because you're unlikable, not because you have a differing opinion than us.

Please spare me the bullshit about it having nothing to do with opinion. If I held a view similar to yours or something within the mainstream, you wouldn't have diddly shit to say. We both know this.

As for me being unlikable, well, I'm not short on friends in the real world - so I can't be all that bad Smile You don't know anything about me (other than that I am a Marxist), and thus anything you say about me is taken with a grain of salt. You might want to reconsider that "task" of yours. Quite frankly, I couldn't give two flying fucks if you like me or not. The mere fact though, that you spend the energy to dislike someone you will never meet, shows you care too much. I don't hate or like you, cause I don't know you well enough to care one way or the other.

Quote:I love my father to death. We've found ways to co exist and get along famously even though He's a fundamentalist Christian, and I'm... most decidedly not. We have differing opinions about most "big boy issues", but we can at least hold conversations with each other without having to try and brow beat our beliefs into the other one. Something, you have yet to master.

Irrelevant. He is your dad, and people in general are almost always more tolerant of family who have a differing opinion than we are of strangers.

(09-26-2013, 10:19 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: You don't know anything about me (other than that I am a Marxist)

You're right, we don't.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Oh, and that I'm an avid Diablo player - can't forget that. Heh.

(09-26-2013, 10:19 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: Please spare me the bullshit about it having nothing to do with opinion. If I held a view similar to yours or something within the mainstream, you wouldn't have diddly shit to say. We both know this.

We certainly have never had *arguments* on the Lounge before you came along with your radical opinion to disrupt our sweet, mainstream consensus.

No, sir, we were all reading from the same hymnbook, before you came along. Nobody ever called anyone else out for anything.

Rolleyes

-Jester
(09-26-2013, 10:19 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote:
(09-26-2013, 09:55 PM)shoju Wrote: I tell ya, it's hard to be me. Pointing out the obvious, smashing the same point home into your thick skull. Maybe. Maybe one day, this Complete Fucking Tool (and dammitt, if you're going to call me that, it better be capitalized like a damn title) will finish it's intended task; getting you to realize we (people like me, not the "lounge". Wouldn't want to speak for others) don't like you because you're unlikable, not because you have a differing opinion than us.

Please spare me the bullshit about it having nothing to do with opinion. If I held a view similar to yours or something within the mainstream, you wouldn't have diddly shit to say. We both know this.

Well of course we wouldn't argue if you held my opinion. That's a given. That's like saying that if Obama was a Republican, with Republican views, he wouldn't have issues with Congress. REALLY!? WHAT A NOVEL IDEA! THANKS FOR THE UPDATE.

But on the other hand, we probably wouldn't argue either, if threads that you involved yourself in in the lounge didn't devolve into the same thing every freaking time.

You're a marxist. Fine. You've made that point enough. Do you have to keep shoving it down everyone's throat with your little man syndrome? Seriously. It feels like every chance you get, it's another chance to witness to us, about the amazing grace and healing power that the messiah marx and his ideological stance would offer us if we just gave him a chance.

But since we don't, we're all doomed to suffer in the fiery pits of an oppressive bourgeois hell for the rest of our natural lives.

Quote:As for me being unlikable, well, I'm not short on friends in the real world - so I can't be all that bad Smile You don't know anything about me (other than that I am a Marxist), and thus anything you say about me is taken with a grain of salt. You might want to reconsider that "task" of yours. Quite frankly, I couldn't give two flying fucks if you like me or not. The mere fact though, that you spend the energy to dislike someone you will never meet, shows you care too much. I don't hate or like you, cause I don't know you well enough to care one way or the other.

So is the flipside true? You know nothing about me, except that I'm a gamer, and that I've lost weight, and that I've donated my hair to kids who have diseases which deprive them of their own, and that I have kids, and that I'm married.

But do you really know me? Not really. But Damn, every time we get into it, you seem to jump off the deep end, and think you know me. I'm an open book to you. I'm right there, and you know all.

So. Mr. FIT. If you plan to say that no one knows you, you'd be wise to remember, you don't know much about the rest of us either

You also seem to take everything that everyone says, entirely literal. I thought, that the prose of my post was enough to show that it was mostly tongue in cheek (I thought the demanding of my title to be in caps was enough, but... well, it's the internet).

I'd just rather you just accept that we know you're a marxist, and not derail every topic you get involved in into a debate about how you're right, and the rest of us are capitalist swine. Contribute to posts, without the holier than though, you can lead us to the righteous path of understanding the world around us, with the messiah Marx, and show more of an opinion about things than that.

Quote:Irrelevant. He is your dad, and people in general are almost always more tolerant of family who have a differing opinion than we are of strangers.

Here, someone relevant, and not family.

Frag and I have completely different political views. Yet, somehow, he's remained one of my BEST GODDAMN FREINDS for......... 16, 17 years now. The Frag from these boards. The Frag that you have played Diablo with. Completely different views than me. And we've talked views, and we've talked politics, and religion, and what not, and somehow? It's just never been a problem.

And... To Jester's Point. One of the most revered posters to ever grace this board, once got into it with me. It was heated. It got.... ugly. But yeah. It's just because you're a marxist.
(09-26-2013, 09:55 PM)shoju Wrote: And... To Jester's Point. One of the most revered posters to ever grace this board, once got into it with me. It was heated. It got.... ugly. But yeah. It's just because you're a marxist.

You know, Jester and I disagree on a lot of things, but I still have a lot of respect for Jester, and for Shoju as well. I can't say the same for FIT.

The problem, FIT, isn't that you disagree. You not only feel you have to disagree, you have to be evangelical about how much better your viewpoint is. In that way, you are *exactly* the same as the religious zealots several of us will do almost anything to avoid.

Ergo, I tend to avoid you, too, for exactly the same reason. We like discussion here. You can't discuss with a brick wall.

--Mav
--Mav
Obviously closing this thread because it's devolved into uselessness; yet another thread about random topic X that's turned into how capitalism is the greatest evil ever created.

But here's a tip, guys: the moment FIT attempts to turn yet another thread away from its intended topic, just ignore it and continue on without him.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.