Legendary Crafting
Angzt over at Diablofans has posted an incredible writeup that has the drop location (they're fixed) for all legendary crafting materials for when you find that plan you've been after. It's really an awesome writeup with a ton of up to date links.

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-...-locations
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Spoiler alert: it's not really worth trying for most crafts. The chances of a 6 random legendary being right for your character are too low for the costs. Most of the 5 randoms have a bad set stat (oooh, attack speed!). If you're looking for a legendary with a good property (Cosmic Strand), then I just wish luck to you.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
(04-02-2014, 04:00 PM)Quark Wrote: Spoiler alert: it's not really worth trying for most crafts. The chances of a 6 random legendary being right for your character are too low for the costs. Most of the 5 randoms have a bad set stat (oooh, attack speed!). If you're looking for a legendary with a good property (Cosmic Strand), then I just wish luck to you.

Can't the mystic replace a bad attribute on a crafted legendary or set piece? Wouldn't some pieces be worthwhile then? Otherwise, you'll be spending forgotten souls and death dusts to modify drops anyway. I don't know, but for me, I just don't play to be efficient. I just play for fun and any goal to push that fun along, even a rather contrived one like a mats hunt, just add to my fun. YMMV Cool
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
If nothing else, it gives me an excuse to kill Malthael over and over and over and over...
Welcome to the Lounge. Hope you brought your portable bomb shelter. - Roland
Maltheal runs are probably not the most efficient way to get legs or set items. I've had a fairly good experience doing rifts though, last night in one run the guardian dropped TWO legs for me. Neither was an upgrade, but they seem to be the best bet overall. Bounties aren't too bad either, though rifts have the randomness that will make probably make them more interesting to do in the long run.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Yeah, I'm farming Normal Malth for the (bugged, dropping more rarely than intended) crafting mats for Reapers Wraps. The big meanie dropped the plans on my first kill, along with my guaranteed leg... and nothing useful since.

What I've learned, though, is that if you are DYING to get a pile of legendaries, tear-arsin' through Normal is definitely a viable way to up your droprate. (Once you get over the inanity of farming Normal with a Torment-capable character, that is.)
Welcome to the Lounge. Hope you brought your portable bomb shelter. - Roland
(04-03-2014, 08:33 PM)Brimstone Wrote: What I've learned, though, is that if you are DYING to get a pile of legendaries, tear-arsin' through Normal is definitely a viable way to up your droprate. (Once you get over the inanity of farming Normal with a Torment-capable character, that is.)

The present "Best" way that people are farming to gear up into early Torment is to do Split-Bounties in Normal.

If you get a group of 4, each person can go into a different act and do the bounties. As these bounties are completed all members of the party are given credit for the completion and once all bounties in the act are finished all players can then go speak to Tyriel and get the completion bonus for that along with the Cache. Then you just finish up the final act and roll a new game.
There's some news out this morning that Blizzard is looking to increase the crafting materials rate. I think that will be a good change as I've killed Izual several times for Angelic Shards and come up empty. In the meantime, I'm still stuck with 2 rare weapons on my monk as RNG has not been kind for that slot.

They also just buffed legendary drop rates in Rifts, which I think is a good change as well. That's definitely the most dangerous place in the game in Hardcore, where you can draw multiple elite packs regularly. I've run a few with Athenau recently and it was a lot of fun (sometimes too much; one rift was really nasty).
Battletag: Aahzmadius#1570

B.net profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzm...570/career
(04-03-2014, 08:33 PM)Brimstone Wrote: What I've learned, though, is that if you are DYING to get a pile of legendaries, tear-arsin' through Normal is definitely a viable way to up your droprate. (Once you get over the inanity of farming Normal with a Torment-capable character, that is.)

Yea this would get boring very fast. I kind of did this on D1 - using my sorc to farm normal laz runs/lvl 16 for the best gear to make my chars perfect, and although I was highly successful (to put it lightly) it wasn't the most fun thing to do. The only reason I even did it really was cause I played PvP.

There is essentially no genuine PvP in D3, so farming normal would get boring pretty fast for me - I need an element of danger since PvM is the only thing to do for right now. Besides, there are certain legs/set items that can only drop in Torment anyways, so there is probably still more incentive to just farm T1 (ofc, im speaking about softcore here, HC is probably a different ball game) since it is reasonably easy to gear up for it. Gearing for T2 onward is a bit harder, and I really began to notice a difference in difficulty scaling going from T2 to T3 - though more so in monster damage than in their hp since my char has an absurd amount of DPS. I could probably do T4 even, though certainly not efficiently - surviving is one thing, doing it efficiently is quite another.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
As a pure HC player, part of the reason I play it is to force myself to suck less, so I always play on the hardest difficulty level that I can without a guaranteed chance of dying. My recent internet challenges aside, that typically means hitting T1 as soon as I have 7m toughness and enough dps to not hit enrage timers on bosses. I know it would be more efficient to farm normal, but leveling/playing a HC character in normal is entirely defeating the point for me.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.