Lochnar has left this world
I, Lochnar, known in real life as Tim Munter, died on February 15 from complications after a blood infection. Bolty, if you would like to host Freshman Diablo, please email dkmunter2@aol.com or pmunter@aol.com and let them know when you have copied the necessary files off the site. www.arewehavingfunyet.com will disappear once this has been accomplished. If the Lurker Lounge does not care to host the site, I would appreciate it if the community could find a place for it elsewhere. Again, please contact the above emails to let them know when it is ok to kill the site.

(Submitted by Tim's sister, Patti)
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(03-12-2016, 02:08 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: I, Lochnar, known in real life as Tim Munter, died on February 15 from complications after a blood infection. Bolty, if you would like to host Freshman Diablo, please email dkmunter2@aol.com or pmunter@aol.com and let them know when you have copied the necessary files off the site. www.arewehavingfunyet.com will disappear once this has been accomplished. If the Lurker Lounge does not care to host the site, I would appreciate it if the community could find a place for it elsewhere. Again, please contact the above emails to let them know when it is ok to kill the site.

O how terrible! I am so sad. And so very, very sad for the family. The lounge will not be the same.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(03-12-2016, 02:08 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: I, Lochnar, known in real life as Tim Munter, died on February 15 from complications after a blood infection. Bolty, if you would like to host Freshman Diablo, please email dkmunter2@aol.com or pmunter@aol.com and let them know when you have copied the necessary files off the site. www.arewehavingfunyet.com will disappear once this has been accomplished. If the Lurker Lounge does not care to host the site, I would appreciate it if the community could find a place for it elsewhere. Again, please contact the above emails to let them know when it is ok to kill the site.

Thank you for reaching out to let us know.

He was a valued member of this community and will be sorely missed.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

First Pete, now Loch. Sad times for the lounge.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
This is...so sad.

The Lounge has been around now for nearly 17 years. Pete and Lochnar are high-profile members who are no longer with us, but I'm sure there are others who have just...disappeared and never come back.

I've placed Freshman Diablo at http://www.lurkerlounge.com/lochnar and basically copied it verbatim without any changes. Apparently this was something he wanted if he had instructions to his sister to ask for this. I've emailed her that this has been done.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(03-12-2016, 02:08 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: (Submitted by Tim's sister, Patti)

Hi Patti, you brother will be missed here.
I wish you and your family all the strength.
eppie
My heart is broken. Lochnar was one of our best and he will be missed.
This is rather sad to hear. =( My condolences to his family.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
My dear Lochnar, now of blessed memory. It has been so long since I have been at Lurker Lounge, but for you, I have returned.

God, filled with mercy, dwelling in the heavens' heights, bring proper rest beneath the wings of your Shechinah, amid the ranks of the holy and the pure, illuminating like the brilliance of the skies the souls of our beloved and our blameless who went to their eternal place of rest. May You who are the source of mercy shelter them beneath Your wings eternally, and bind their souls among the living, that they may rest in peace. And let us say: Amen.

I have reached out to Tal, as I have a very good screenshot of Loch on his Winter Spring rep Kitty. It was taken the day Loch got it. Stormrage Lurkers who go way back will remember what an achievement this was. Loch and Mirajj were the only ones to even bother grinding that rep so early in the game.

I think that it is a fitting way to remember a dear friend.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sabra's Screenshot. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll host it and link it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-13-2016, 02:57 PM)Tal Wrote: Sabra's Screenshot. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll host it and link it.

Thank you, Tal. And Mirajj informs me that this is not the WS rep kitty. This is Lochnar's original riding kitty from back in the day when no one has any gold and we all ran everywhere. So in a way, that's even better!
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
My heart just dropped when I heard of Lochnar's passing. Things just aren't the same without him.
Fuck.

Fuck. Sad
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
(03-13-2016, 04:25 PM)Frag Wrote: Fuck.

Fuck. Sad

I am similarly dumbstruck. And saddened beyond words.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Hi all.

It's been years and years since I logged in, or played Catlyn if anyone remembers me.

I heard about Lochnar's passing, and wanted to drop in and express my shock, grief, and condolences. Lochnar was one of the folks around here that made the game fun.
[Image: Cat_Sig.jpg]
<span style="color:red">Stormrage:
<span style="color:yellow">Catlyn, Level 61 Night Elf Hunter, 300 Miner, 300 Engineer (Goblin)
<span style="color:red">Teneras:
<span style="color:yellow">Urdum, Level 14 Orc Hunter
I am sorry for Lochnars passing and condolences to his family. I can feel it as similar has been happening in my family of late.

(03-13-2016, 03:02 PM)Sabra Wrote:
(03-13-2016, 02:57 PM)Tal Wrote: Sabra's Screenshot. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll host it and link it.

Thank you, Tal. And Mirajj informs me that this is not the WS rep kitty. This is Lochnar's original riding kitty from back in the day when no one has any gold and we all ran everywhere. So in a way, that's even better!

Correction Sabra, it was not the gold problem back then; it was the reputation grind. Gnomes had to grind Darnassus rep to be able purchase one of the kitties and at that time it amounted to turning in many tens of thousands of runecloth to get the exalted status for that purchase. I had also finished it on Littledude a few months after Lochnar finished his grind.
(03-14-2016, 01:43 AM)Ruvanal Wrote: I am sorry for Lochnars passing and condolences to his family. I can feel it as similar has been happening in my family of late.

(03-13-2016, 03:02 PM)Sabra Wrote:

Correction Sabra, it was not the gold problem back then; it was the reputation grind. Gnomes had to grind Darnassus rep to be able purchase one of the kitties and at that time it amounted to turning in many tens of thousands of runecloth to get the exalted status for that purchase. I had also finished it on Littledude a few months after Lochnar finished his grind.

Ah, the runecloth! Am I misremembering or did not the WS tiger require Frostsaber rep to acquire but Darnassus tiger riding skill to ride? I recall Fafner, my gnome warrior, having to get exalted with Darnassus first.

But it was worth it when I could reply to a NE making gnome jokes: "I am exalted among your people, Night Elf."

Edit: Fafner walked everywhere on foot until she got her kitty.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
It's been awhile since I posted, but this just saddened me too much to not delurk once more. He was a great guy, and he helped me more than many know during a tough time in my life. I'll miss the man behind the army.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
/cry

I missed him frequently, always hopeful of playing with him again some day.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Erf. Sad news.