Calling all lurkers (Yes, I do mean you, and yes I can see you)
(02-06-2017, 06:27 PM)Ashock Wrote: The last x-pack that I played through was Wrath, and since then I buy every new one and quit within 4 months or so, until the new x-pack. Vanilla though, is still my favorite.
I was flying from Darnassus to Azshara yesterday, and I thought about how cool vanilla would have been had I seen ultra high level players flying around the world.

As it was, it was super fun when I was level 10 to 20 and some horde mobs wanted to get edgy in Darkshore, when a high level (30+) broke out among the scrubs. I loved the motivation of seeing "heroes" way beyond me.

The trouble I see in post vanilla WOW is that everyone wants to play highest level content. They've missed the RPG mark of making level 1 through max enough random to make replay-ability interesting. Either though complex build, gear choices, or other "experiences make the stats" types of skill ups. Blizzard can't decide if they want everyone exactly equal for PVP fairness, or different for PVE challenge and replay interest. So, they tend to fail a little bit at both.

Which is why I truly loved even the bit of randomness in DII. It was enough to make every play though just enough unpredictable, so that you had no "pat" approach. It was always about problem solving.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(02-04-2017, 09:03 PM)Alram Wrote: I bought Civ V a few months ago, but I haven't been able to get into it
If you don't yet have both expansions (assuming it's CiV and not Civ VI) you should definitely get them before messing around with it again. They flesh out the game significantly.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
I will say Darkest Dungeon is truly a fun game! I highly recommend it! Sort of plays like Paper Mario if you're a Nintendo fan, but gritty atmosphere akin to Diablo 1 and Grim Dawn. Knowing most of the people on this website are here for Diablo/wow, I'd say DD is a game you'll enjoy.

Edit: I should have prefaced this stating I am currently having my first go in Radiant mode, which is the games version of "easy", or noob, so my experience may not reflect everyone's.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin