Anyone know how to create a Bootable W10 USB?
I'm researching how to create a stand-alone bootable USB OS out of Windows 10, same as Linux Mint, so I can have my entire OS on a flash drive. So far, everything I've read seems to think the ONLY reason I want a bootable OS is to install W10 on a computer... but I don't! Perhaps I can actually use one of these online methods and actually "boot" into W10, however from what I've seen, it doesn't appear that way, and I don't really feel like wasting hours only to confirm what I suspect anyway so I'm hoping someone here knows how to create a bootable W10 usb stand-alone OS?

I'd preferably like it barebones with networking/internet disabled and MS Excel and Word reader/student versions, or perhaps even the full versions I suppose. Does anyone have any idea how to do this, or if it's even possible?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Apparently, I wasn't using the correct wording; it's "portable" in the computing world, not bootable. At first, I tried "bootable", "standalone", etc. I just happened to stumble upon the word portable after searching for about an hour.

Here is a quick way of doing it, in case anyone is interested. All of your settings will save if you make changes, according to the article. I plan on installing Windows, updating it, MS Word and Excel and updating those, then disabling the drivers for internet. I want it specifically and only for word processing. The generic drivers in Windows should allow me to use any printer, mouse, keyboard, etc.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
That's interesting, but I have a question about this. Since the Windows key is tied to the hardware, how does it deal with moving a portable Windows drive from machine to machine?
There is a way, but there are caveats.

First, you need to be using Windows 10 Enterprise (not Home, not Pro).

Second, it requires Windows 10 already be running on a system when you insert the USB Windows-to-go.

Windows to Go
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
I'll let you know how it goes. I have a 2 TB USB HD I'd like to use, but it has 500+GB of movies I have to move somewhere before attempting this. If you're correct Lissa, that would utterly defeat the purpose of what I want to use it for. I'll keep you all posted once I find out for sure.

Some of the work computers, idk what those managers do and I don't want a nasty virus to be transfered to my portable, nor do I want my activities spied upon through the remote connect.
Another option, if you're willing to spend the money (so you can't use a previously setup USB or similar removable storage):

Intel Compute Stick
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Nothing I'm reading on the official Microsoft page reflects what you're saying about the host computer needing to be running to use Win To-Go. As a matter of fact, all the FAQ says to start it on a shut-down computer and not to use it on a running computer due to the possibility of compromising W2G.

Quote:Warning
It is strongly recommended that you do not plug your Windows To Go drive into a running computer. If the computer is compromised, your Windows To Go workspace can also be compromised.
I found another way to do it using the office computer without leaving a trace.

1) Root your android phone and allow tethering with pw
2) Bring your own WiFi usb nic and TAILS OS on a flash drive; plug into computer
3) Boot into BIOS and set boot priority to USB
4) Save and Restart into TAILS, setup your WiFi nic to your tethered phone

...profit!