My ISP just upgraded my speeds. This is nuts.
[Image: SFUfNLK.png]

My wife was having some problems with the cable box connected to the TV she usually watches, so she called our cable/ISP provider to find a solution. Their solution was to give us a new cable box for the TV, but to do that they also had to package it in with an upgraded internet plan. I don't know why, but I'm not complaining. It isn't costing me anything more, but I did have to go and pick up a new cable box and gigabit modem/router.

Our old plan was 100Mbps unlimited bandwidth, which was just fine for me. I actually got around 150Mbps, so downloading things like games and movies was pretty quick. I don't really need gigabit speeds, but since it was a "free" upgrade from my ISP I'll surely take it.

I'm paying about $125 CAD/month for internet and a pretty decent digital TV package. This includes 2 digital TV boxes and the gigabit modem/router rental.

I remember when I got my first actual "Broadband Internet" (remember that term?) from my ISP. It cost me about $40 CAD/month and was a whopping 2Mbps connection.

Online speed tests are kinda flaky at these speeds. The image above is one of the higher ones I've tested (it's from PC Mag), but I've tested a bunch of others and get anywhere from 500Mbps-1,000Mbps.
My ISP, Comcast, upgraded my bandwidth not too long ago. But they also upgraded my monthly fee.

More like they did away with the plan I had.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(08-27-2018, 03:37 AM)DeeBye Wrote: [Image: SFUfNLK.png]

My wife was having some problems with the cable box connected to the TV she usually watches, so she called our cable/ISP provider to find a solution. Their solution was to give us a new cable box for the TV, but to do that they also had to package it in with an upgraded internet plan. I don't know why, but I'm not complaining. It isn't costing me anything more, but I did have to go and pick up a new cable box and gigabit modem/router.

Our old plan was 100Mbps unlimited bandwidth, which was just fine for me. I actually got around 150Mbps, so downloading things like games and movies was pretty quick. I don't really need gigabit speeds, but since it was a "free" upgrade from my ISP I'll surely take it.

I'm paying about $125 CAD/month for internet and a pretty decent digital TV package. This includes 2 digital TV boxes and the gigabit modem/router rental.

I remember when I got my first actual "Broadband Internet" (remember that term?) from my ISP. It cost me about $40 CAD/month and was a whopping 2Mbps connection.

Online speed tests are kinda flaky at these speeds. The image above is one of the higher ones I've tested (it's from PC Mag), but I've tested a bunch of others and get anywhere from 500Mbps-1,000Mbps.
Not bad. I tested my work connection. We are throttled by packet device to 100Mbps max. Then again, we share our Internet with 3000 students and 600 employees.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=314]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Where DeeBye lives barbed wire becomes a super conductor.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(08-28-2018, 02:23 AM)LavCat Wrote: Where DeeBye lives barbed wire becomes a super conductor.
You'd swear it if you've ever strayed too near an electric fence. I got hit once on the top of my head... and saw stars for 10 minutes.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

(08-28-2018, 12:19 AM)kandrathe Wrote: Not bad. I tested my work connection. We are throttled by packet device to 100Mbps max. Then again, we share our Internet with 3000 students and 600 employees.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=314]
I tweaked my network connection to bypass digital phone hooha. Better.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=316]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)