On the Wyrm's and Hydra's prefixes
Hi!

I just came across a small inconsistency in Jarulf's Guide on Diablo+Hellfire:

Section 3.4 tells me that the Wyrm's and Hydra's prefixes only appear on staves but Section 3.13.6 says they're also available on jewelry.

Maybe someone can tell me what's right... ?

Thanks
I'm pretty sure they are only available on staves. If they were available on jewelry, you would be able to buy them from Wirt in single player Diablo.
Quote:Hi!

I just came across a small inconsistency in Jarulf's Guide on Diablo+Hellfire:

Section 3.4 tells me that the Wyrm's and Hydra's prefixes only appear on staves but Section 3.13.6 says they're also available on jewelry.

Maybe someone can tell me what's right... ?

Thanks

Ooops! Good spoting! As Nystul say, I would guess 3.4 is correct and they can only appear on staves. I have to check the source to see which is correct for sure though. In general, I would say that if there is such an inconsistancy between the summary tables and the full tables, trust the full tables. Most likely I have made some error in creating the summary tables (cut and paste issue?).
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Quote:Ooops! Good spoting! As Nystul say, I would guess 3.4 is correct and they can only appear on staves. I have to check the source to see which is correct for sure though. In general, I would say that if there is such an inconsistancy between the summary tables and the full tables, trust the full tables. Most likely I have made some error in creating the summary tables (cut and paste issue?).

Hey, an answer straight from the source. That's cool, thank you.

I also assumed they'd only appear on staves, but I wanted to make sure. Can you tell us what you found out after you've checked your sources, please?

And would it be possible to put a corrected version of the guide online? That would really be uber-sweet... :wub:
Only on staves I recall. I believe the item table specifically shows it only appears on staves, despite jewelry on the previous suffixes.
I just read the data straight from Hellfire.exe, and can confirm that both prefixes do indeed only occur on Staves.

The data is here.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Quote:I just read the data straight from Hellfire.exe, and can confirm that both prefixes do indeed only occur on Staves.

The data is here.

Excellent! Thank you:w00t:
Quote:I just read the data straight from Hellfire.exe, and can confirm that both prefixes do indeed only occur on Staves.

The data is here.

Correct, just checked too:)
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Quote:And would it be possible to put a corrected version of the guide online? That would really be uber-sweet...
The online version of the guide is maintained by Big D. I've emailed him about this, so hopefully he'll be able to fix the online version.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Quote:The online version of the guide is maintained by Big D.

I know. I was talking about the download version from Jarulf himself (here). I prefer that one over the online version.
Quote:I know. I was talking about the download version from Jarulf himself (here). I prefer that one over the online version.

I would not do it just for one such small thing. I do have however quite a list of other small things to fix as well and I even started editing a small update a few years ago. However, I never got arround finnishing it. I do try to collect and save reports of errors. Perhaps one day I get arround to fixing it.

The best thing for you to do if you like having this error fixed in your own copy is to simply edit that page yourself and print it out. The files are not protected in anyway. I used an old version of Microsoft Word so that might cause some changes, but then, it would apply even to unaltered printing of the Guide:)