Demographics of Diablo
I'm interested in finding out what people are still doing on Diablo and Hellfire. Where and how often are you playing, what mods people are playing, who still logs onto b.net, who's playing co-op, who's playing solo, what gateways and channels are people using, if any, single player, multiplayer, variants, hell/hell, ironman, whatever information you care to give me.

For example:

I play standard Diablo on B.Net: US.East server and am back playing frequently after being mostly absent for the past year and a half. Diablo LE is the channel I play out of, which seems to be lacking somewhat, but the only place I can find where you can safely go into games with random people from the channel without having to deal with blatant and obvious cheating. I play hell/hell with weakened characters, teleport a lot, and get a lot of challenge out of my gameplay. A friend is also coaxing me back into Ironman it seems. You can find me on B.Net under Hureg and Aarda.

Or in simpler terms...

Game : Standard Diablo
Where: B.Net US East, Diablo LE
When: Sporadic times, 4 or 5 times a weeks.
What: Co-Op Hell/Hell with weakened characters and lots of teleporting (not talking about sorcerers here).
Who: Hureg, Aarda.

I look forward to your replies and hopefully maybe some games.
Aarda's still throwing roses at the rain...
Game : Standard Diablo, Hellfire
Where: Usually solo DCC games, but right now I'm in B.Net US East, Diablo LE
When: Once or twice a week.
What: Any rogue. I like playing Naked Archers
Who: ShootsSharply, FastFury, KillsKunningly, TallTomato
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Where: B.Net Europe, Diablo DEU-1; US East, Diablo LE
When: I'm online quite rarely at the moment. There simply aren't any players online when I am =/
What: Chatting;), Co-Op Hell/Hell; usually a warrior
Who: For example Arkain_ACV, in general I'm the guy with _ACV behind the character's name
Array
Let me elaborate on what Sheep said... it's called humour.[/quote]
Game : TheDark 5.3 (latest)
Where: Kali
When: Weekends. Avg 200 nights/year
What: Hellmode Hell/Nest/Abyss. All (6) classes.
Game: Standard Diablo
Where: B.nut/IPX
Channel: Diablo LE
When: 5pm-2am est(off and on)
What: Currently lvl 42war Co-op hell/hell. Solo cats/caves and NM/hell till 45.
After that, Ditto with lvl 40 rogue
Then solo lvl 45 sorc to 46. Then lvl by lvl together to 50.
Who: GhastMaster (arty sorc)
Gildon (reg. war)
Symrustar (reg rogue)

I don't play any varients.
Hello Arthur.

I'm having trouble accessing The Dark forums, are they down or is it a problem on my end?

If they are down, any idea how long they've been down and when/if they will be back up and running?

Cheers,
Aarda's still throwing roses at the rain...
Quote:Hello Arthur.

I'm having trouble accessing The Dark forums, are they down or is it a problem on my end?

If they are down, any idea how long they've been down and when/if they will be back up and running?

Cheers,

The Dark Forums are still up and running (most of the time). Sometimes they are not due to PC problems, most of the time when I'm on vacation.
Maybe you are using an outdated direct link to the forum, which doesn't work anymore.
This is the one you should use for direct linking: http://forum.zamal.nl/
[Image: Zamal.gif]
Quote:The Dark Forums are still up and running (most of the time). Sometimes they are not due to PC problems, most of the time when I'm on vacation.
Maybe you are using an outdated direct link to the forum, which doesn't work anymore.
This is the one you should use for direct linking: http://forum.zamal.nl/

That link hangs for me in a state of SYN_SENT to an address that looks like it could be yours. Strangely, if I resolve the IP address of forum.zamal.nl, I get a completely different address. Connecting to that address leads to a domain-squatter identified as starthosting.nl.
Quote:Kp' date='Mar 23 2008, 11:38 PM' post='145433']
That link hangs for me in a state of SYN_SENT to an address that looks like it could be yours. Strangely, if I resolve the IP address of forum.zamal.nl, I get a completely different address. Connecting to that address leads to a domain-squatter identified as starthosting.nl.

Strange that the links hangs, it works for me. I've no idea what a state of SYN_SENT means, but the forum is reachable with the following ip-address: http://145.97.209.0/forum/.
My problem is that that my semi-permanent ip-address isn't that permanent, it changes sometimes. That's why I'm working with the domain name zamal.nl. That's registered with the the company starthosting.nl from where a redirect takes place to my own pc where the forum is running. I hope this clarifies it a bit.
[Image: Zamal.gif]
Hi,

Checked forum without a problem, link is good :D

Game : TheDark 5.3 & Hellfire SP
Where: Kali
When: not till I fix overheating problem with Thermal Compound :angry:
What: Hellmode Hell/Nest/Abyss.
Who: Monk & Warrior

Quote:Kp' date='Mar 23 2008, 05:38 PM' post='145433']

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Where: B.Net Asia, diablo jpn-1
When: 3:30pm-5:30pm(GMT+1)
What: characters with low armor class, two handed weapons (warrior, rogue)
Who: Blont, Cruise
Game: Diablo 1
Where: Battle.net.USEast - Diablo LE
When: 7 Days a week for about 2 - 4 hours (more on weekends)
What: Arty sorceror, working on a Warrior to co-op & PvP with.
Who: TwilightMage, DeathCrusade. Bot = Matt.S
[Image: diabloplayerps4.png]
Quote:I'm interested in finding out what people are still doing on Diablo and Hellfire. Where and how often are you playing, what mods people are playing, who still logs onto b.net, who's playing co-op, who's playing solo, what gateways and channels are people using, if any, single player, multiplayer, variants, hell/hell, ironman, whatever information you care to give me.

For example:

I play standard Diablo on B.Net: US.East server and am back playing frequently after being mostly absent for the past year and a half. Diablo LE is the channel I play out of, which seems to be lacking somewhat, but the only place I can find where you can safely go into games with random people from the channel without having to deal with blatant and obvious cheating. I play hell/hell with weakened characters, teleport a lot, and get a lot of challenge out of my gameplay. A friend is also coaxing me back into Ironman it seems. You can find me on B.Net under Hureg and Aarda.

Or in simpler terms...

When: Sporadic times, 4 or 5 times a weeks.
What: Co-Op Hell/Hell with weakened characters and lots of teleporting (not talking about sorcerers here).
Who: Hureg, Aarda.
I look forward to your replies and hopefully maybe some games.

Game - Standard Diablo

Where - Bnet US East Diablo LE: use the TaloN-bot to see whos online

When - im pretty busy lately so im not on as much. But weekends are probably best.

What - hell/hell co-op and PvP

Who - My accounts are as follows:

FireIceTaloN - Rogue 50
Genesis[Arty] - Artillery Mage 50
Genesis[TanK] - Tank Mage 50
BadWarrior - Warrior 50
PuristTaloN - Rogue (purist) 43
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Quote:Game : Standard Diablo, Hellfire
Where: Usually solo DCC games, but right now I'm in B.Net US East, Diablo LE
When: Once or twice a week.
What: Any rogue. I like playing Naked Archers
Who: ShootsSharply, FastFury, KillsKunningly, TallTomato
im still around hureg,cant figure out how to get to diablo LE from wow..help would be nice
Where: Diablo HUN-1 on Europe
When: 4-5 times a week.
What: Rogue for high level chars, Ironman (mostly rogue there too)
Who: Neyda[SW], Noira, Savra, Neyda_IM
When: Almost every evening/night as it is now.
What: PvP Duels with my warrior mostly. Co-ops with any other character.
Who: See signature!

Started playing a few days ago, from my 4 year brake.
http://www.SonsofAesir.tk<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->

lvl50 Warrior - sA-Berre
lvl49 Sorceror - sA-Bersorc
lvl45 Warrior - sA-bErz
lvl40 Rogue - sA-RoeBear
lvl43 Pure Warrior - Steel.Knight
lvl34 LoL Warrior - Berre(LoL)
When: pretty much 24/7 atm.
What: Just got back to the action, so i'm lvl my new sorce atm.
Who: JP-Spinal
[Image: spinalsig3xy1.gif]
I'm up for some games at us.east

Acc: Erky
Game : Diablo 1
Where: B.Net US East - Diablo LE
When: 12:00pm(GMT-3)
What: Warrior!
Who: duner

Minny: Hey great videos on youtube:D