Terenas 5-5 PvP team
There are many variations, mostly 33 holy / 28 disc.

Bolty's build is not bad either:
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/characte...ge&n=Cleoboltra

In 2v2 though he is generally more concerned with mana conservation. But dispelling and instants are the majority of priest arena utility, so I think it makes sense to spec for dispel mana reduction if you're spec-ing for arena. The proc talents of martyrdom and blessed recovery are nice for arena too.

Mana burn may or may not be necessary. My feeling is that at the brackets we will be facing, likely not so much. At higher brackets it's probably crucial. Mass dispel is probably similar. So I strongly feel that some aspects of the spec should be a little dynamic, which is why there isn't really one and only one blessed resilience build.

At our current rating, I know I wouldn't spec back and forth just for arenas. Obviously you can if you want, but I think if you come up with a build that has reasonable raid utility plus blessed resilience, that's good enough, at least until we start getting a feel for things.

That's kinda what I did on my own priest, but I would have made some changes had I spent more than about 2 minutes choosing my talents because we were all sitting at Gruul going... we need another healer, so I spec-ed back holy (which I was planning on doing anyway since holy seems to be the premier PvP priest build). So you can click on the armory link for my own priest too and come up with some happy medium if you want.

Edit:
Actually, the more I look at my priest's spec the more I realize it's just PvE with blessed resilience. This increases survivability a ton, but Martyrdom, Spell Warding, Blessed Recovery all are going to be very useful too, becuase 9 times out of 10 you will be the first attacked and the most important one for us to keep alive. It's hard to gauge since my priest also has 260+ resilience to go with blessed resilience, but That talent alone makes a very significant difference in how difficult it is to focus down a priest.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Hi all,
I apologize for missing Sunday. I was up half the night Saturday and by the time Sunday evening came around, I fell asleep on the couch : / I'll be in Mexico this Sunday, but after that would like to join:)

New question though...my mage is 70 now and I'm busy gearing her in bgs. Would a mage be better for the group than a priest? Both? Let me know:) Whatever toon you want me to bring, I'll gear as best I can out of bgs.

q
[Image: 398611nxqZf.png]
[Image: 398692clWcy.png]

-=Terenas=-
Saryn - 70 priestess
Tacita - 70 mage

-=Stormrage=-
Bellona - 60 Human Warlock
Raylyn - 21 Human Pries
Aesa - 60 Human Mage
Kirra - 39 Human Warrior
Kalb - 32 Dwarven Priest

-=Tichondrius=-
Zheelu - 52 Troll Rogue
I realize this is quite late to be posting interest, and this is going to sound like I'm being a leech (which to some extent I might be): I'd like to be considered for the "bad" team, for the minimum number of games for the purpose of obtaining the rest of the pts necessary to purchase the S2 Arena Shield, as it's the best one available until Black Temple (I already have 648 pts, leaving 1227 until I can purchase it).

If not, that's ok, just figured it didn't hurt to toss it out there.
~Frag B)
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
There isn't currently a 'scrub team' but you can make one!

IMO full DPS / no healer teams are probably your best bet for scrub teams. You can at least own the teams with no resilience by DPS gibbing a focus target, which keeps you up in the 1500 range, and you are guaranteed quick matches to keep the time commitment minimal.

Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Quote:Hi all,
I apologize for missing Sunday. I was up half the night Saturday and by the time Sunday evening came around, I fell asleep on the couch : / I'll be in Mexico this Sunday, but after that would like to join:)

New question though...my mage is 70 now and I'm busy gearing her in bgs. Would a mage be better for the group than a priest? Both? Let me know:) Whatever toon you want me to bring, I'll gear as best I can out of bgs.

q

Currently we have a mage (Yuri), I am doing the best I can to try to make the team:
1) viable class balance
2) preference towards mains

For both of these Saryn is the best option. Azzlea is filling the healing priest role right now, but if we have the shadow lineup available, we could use a different priest in the healing role on the 2345 lineup.

Ultimately I'm hoping to split the shadow team off in a different team so both have a full 10 games to practice together and improve. With Octord showing interest, that starts becoming more plausible, with something like

Vreeslik, Dunar, Isolde + 2 of Azzlea, Octord, Xarhud

but several of those are pretty time constrained so finding a time is going to be difficult.
Ok, I will be happy to bring Saryn then:) I've got a few pieces of level 60 pvp gear I'll evaluate for it's viability for now and I've got a piece of the level 70 gear with more honor in the bank:)

-=Terenas=-
Saryn - 70 priestess
Tacita - 70 mage

-=Stormrage=-
Raylyn - 21 Human Pries
Aesa - 60 Human Mage
Kirra - 39 Human Warrior
Kalb - 32 Dwarven Priest

-=Tichondrius=-
Zheelu - 52 Troll Rogue
I don't know that I'll be around for PvP tomorrow evening since we have a busy day planned (I'm visiting Annie in Minnesota). I *might* be available Monday evening pretty late (around 9pm, Pacific) or some tonight.

Is there a planned time to get stuff going this week? :)
-TheDragoon
It looks like I will be online around 7 or 8pm (server time), this evening, so maybe that will work well. :)
-TheDragoon
I logged in tonight and there wasn't much interest in PvP, so maybe we will be able to do it late tomorrow evening. If not, I guess there's always next week.
-TheDragoon
I had some significant computer problems. I was re-installing windows during the normal 5v5 time. This morning was the first time I logged in since mid-Saturday.
So, what's actually going on with this? It sounds like the group is basically locked and an attempt is being made to make a 2nd group? I am still available. If the original group is locked I would be happy to join a 2nd group...I just want to be able to do some 5v5 and get some points. At this point, I have a heavy preference for Tacita instead of saryn, but if it meant not being able to do arena, I'd bring saryn and find a pug for Tacita. THey are both basically ungeared for pvp at this point (but both have honor/marks banked), so if I'm going to spend the time gearing one, I'd rather it be Taci, since I won't have to respec her every week for it and she's a lot more fun. Taci is really my main as far as pvp is concerned and saryn is my main for raiding. Again though, I'll play whatever makes it possible for me to do arena. It sounds like there might be enough interest for a 2nd group, just let me know what I can do to help make it happen.

-=Terenas=-
Saryn - 70 priestess
Tacita - 70 mage

-=Stormrage=-
Raylyn - 21 Human Pries
Aesa - 60 Human Mage
Kirra - 39 Human Warrior
Kalb - 32 Dwarven Priest

-=Tichondrius=-