Terenas 5-5 PvP team

Looking to play Monday at 8:30ST. I'm not looking for a competitive team, just people who want to score some arena points with the least amount of effort put in. Basicly, I want to win but am not taking it seriously enough to farm up all of the Warlords set and respec into a PvP spec. Just Kara gear and whatever I farm up at my leisurely pace. Max'ing the number of players on the team is also cool. That means we each play 5 games of the 10. The social aspects are more important. I'm really not expecting a high rating given the general PvP experiance of the group.

I would also like to start the evening at ~7ST working on cleaning up group quests (totally optional) around the world before running the minimum number of games back to back to get people their points. I would like to turn this into a kind of Lurker social hour with a very limited time commitment.

Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic
Quote:Looking to play Monday at 8:30ST. I'm not looking for a competitive team, just people who want to score some arena points with the least amount of effort put in. Basicly, I want to win but am not taking it seriously enough to farm up all of the Warlords set and respec into a PvP spec. Just Kara gear and whatever I farm up at my leisurely pace. Max'ing the number of players on the team is also cool. That means we each play 5 games of the 10. The social aspects are more important. I'm really not expecting a high rating given the general PvP experiance of the group.

I would also like to start the evening at ~7ST working on cleaning up group quests (totally optional) around the world before running the minimum number of games back to back to get people their points. I would like to turn this into a kind of Lurker social hour with a very limited time commitment.

I'm on a 5v5 team that is playing on Sunday nights (Conc, Dragoon, Azzlea, me, Voice, Swirly though I don't know if Swirly will stay on the team). It's the same idea though, so if Sunday night works better for folks than Monday night, poke Conc. we still have 3 roster spots open (though I could ditch Marn from this team and do another team with him since Marn is just a leacher on that team anyway) but you'll have to bug Conc to get an invite since I tried to add Jester to it today but I don't have permission to do so.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote: but you'll have to bug Conc to get an invite since I tried to add Jester to it today but I don't have permission to do so.

eh, I wonder if there is a way to "promote" people.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
I'd like to join the sunday night team if possible!
Currently a PoE junkie. Wheeeeee
Quote:I don't know if Swirly will stay on the team

I don't mind PvP, but the issue with me is the same one as with raiding. I won't be deliberating logging on sunday nights to do it, but if I happen to be on I'm willing to go. So I can stay on the team and just go when the timing works out or I can be replaced by somebody who will dedicate their time to it. Whichever the team decides they wish to do. : )
Monday nights are kind of tough for me...Sunday nights are better. I wouldn't mind joining either group with Saryn. Her PvP gear is not very good at the moment, but it wouldn't take me long to grind out some BG gear to help. So, if you'd have me in the Sunday group (assuming there are not too many priests already) then I'd do it. If that doesn't work out, I can try to make Monday nights work too.

In hopefully no longer than 2 weeks, I'll be able to offer a 70 mage, Tacita, as well to an arena team. So, whichever team Saryn isn't on, I wouldn't mind getting her on.

q
[Image: 398611nxqZf.png]
[Image: 398692clWcy.png]

-=Terenas=-
Saryn - 70 priestess
Tacita - 70 mage

-=Stormrage=-
Bellona - 60 Human Warlock
Raylyn - 21 Human Pries
Aesa - 60 Human Mage
Kirra - 39 Human Warrior
Kalb - 32 Dwarven Priest

-=Tichondrius=-
Zheelu - 52 Troll Rogue
It's looking like we have enough for 2 full groups...

I see:

1 Conc
2 Azzlea
3 Marn (and / or Krashenk)
4 Acalan
5 Vreeslik
6 Isolde
7 Yuri
8 Kaydoll
9 VinnieJones
10 Saryn
11 Malodius (some interest)

Seems most can do Sunday nights, Malodius I think needs to be on the earlier end, I need to start 8 or maybe even 8:30.

The question becomes how to split the teams. Looking at the classes we have available, I see a pretty good option, but we need another healer:

1) 2345 composition (2345 is the forum name for this composition, so named because one of the members of one of the early good teams with this composition said he only uses four hotkeys... 2, 3, 4, and 5.

War - Pally - Shaman - Mage - Priest
Shaman / warrior / pally synergy on the damage (the "offense") with the mage to help defend the priest with sheep + frost novas (the "defense").

You can replace the mage with a rogue or druid (using stuns / root / blind / cyclone / disorients as a way to slow the damage on the priest, who is the likely first focus). This is the team we had most of last Sunday, but I think we needed to make the adjustment to have Swirly more on "defense" by helping the priest, which should slow the damage done enough that Krashenk can help on O instead of just standing healing so much. It also gets an offensive dispel on the focus target, which negates much of a priest's healing in arenas (ProM, shield, renew). Basically the shaman mostly spams purge on the target and autoattacks, shocks to interrupt and the warrior gets BoFreedom and does most of the damage.

Another "standard" team composition is known as "DOT gib" team:
War - Pally - Warlock - Warlock - S. Priest (one or bothe warlocks affliction for UA).
These teams DOT up the opposing warrior, fear / spell lock the healers and get rid of MS by killing the warrior, then they go down the list and do the same to the next. 4 AoE fears + 2 spell locks = controlled healers for enough time to burst at least one of the other team very quickly.

It's possible one team could run with this composition but more like Rogue - Warlock - Warlock - Shadow priest - ? (we need another healer, pref. pally or druid because they are much more durable under fire than priest or shaman)

Do we have another Pally / Druid interested also? That creates 2 viable teams from class balance perspective, even if many of our members don't have the gear to really be very viable in arena (8000 HP unbuffed and no resilience is something you simply cannot heal through the damage. It's just not possible)
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Quote:... even if many of our members don't have the gear to really be very viable in arena (8000 HP unbuffed and no resilience is something you simply cannot heal through the damage. It's just not possible)

I know I'll start grinding bg rep and even having a few of those pieces will be better than nothing in arena...that's something we can all do in addition to help gear up if we want:)

-=Terenas=-
Saryn - 70 priestess
Tacita - 70 mage

-=Stormrage=-
Raylyn - 21 Human Pries
Aesa - 60 Human Mage
Kirra - 39 Human Warrior
Kalb - 32 Dwarven Priest

-=Tichondrius=-
Zheelu - 52 Troll Rogue
Quote:I know I'll start grinding bg rep and even having a few of those pieces will be better than nothing in arena...that's something we can all do in addition to help gear up if we want:)

Yeah this is something some people did Sunday. We were like "get what stam and resilience you can" and one person flew to Terokkar to get the spirit shard hat. That's no gladiator gear, but really giving up any stats for stam / resilience is necessary.

I have TONS of green text quality gems, and I'm sure Krashenk does too. Pull out that socketed gear you haven't used in a while and replace whatever PvE gems you had in them with +9 stam gems for free. Just let me and / or GG know you need gems and they're yours free.
Quote:Do we have another Pally / Druid interested also? That creates 2 viable teams from class balance perspective, even if many of our members don't have the gear to really be very viable in arena (8000 HP unbuffed and no resilience is something you simply cannot heal through the damage. It's just not possible)

I'm interested, but I'm worried about being able to commit to another scheduled event. I can probably make one of those two nights on a "most of the time" kind of basis at around 8:30, but I couldn't guarantee it or even really plan it ahead. I'll have to talk to the spouse about it. :)

If I decide to get into a team, I might like to make a Nigh-invulnerability belt. Lets you live all that much longer when you're the FF target. I'd be looking for some Khorium, some Arcanite, and some leather.

<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
Teams can be larger than necessary and redundant classes can swap in for 3 games and get back out. It takes about an hour to get 10 games in. This means we can afford to have gaps from week to week if someone can't make it. Or if someone can only make 30 mins, they can get their games in and leave.
Quote:Teams can be larger than necessary and redundant classes can swap in for 3 games and get back out. It takes about an hour to get 10 games in. This means we can afford to have gaps from week to week if someone can't make it. Or if someone can only make 30 mins, they can get their games in and leave.

To add a little bit of extra detail.

The roster is double the teams size so a 5v5 team can have 10 on the roster (6 for a 3v3, 4 for a 2v2)

The team needs to play 10 games minimum to earn points.

A toon needs to play in 30% of the teams game (this is where the 3 comes from if you play just the minimum) to get any points.

Last week we played 11 games (we felt we could get another win, and we did so we helped the rating a bit, playing more games doesn't get you more points unless you win and move up in rating it's possible that playing more games will hurt you and of course it ups the number of games needed for minimum participation). We were 1-3 with Marn and 4-3 with Krashenk. Class balance matters that much because Marn is way better geared than Krash for arenas.

However my problem is that I want the arena points way more on Marn than I do on Krash. I need 835 more points for the crossbow. So if I want to get it in 2 more weeks the 5v5 team needs to have at least a 1537 rating for for those 2 weeks. Or the 2v2 team needs to hold a 1680 rating. The problem is the hunter isn't really the best choice for either of those brackets (he wasn't bad in the 3v3, which would be a 1623 for that kind of arena points). I could potentially play this spec as healer protector, but since the sting is on a 2 minute cooldow and scatter shot is a 30s cooldown and only 4s of disorient I wouldn't be nearly as good at it. I just don't see the team being as strong with Marn even though Marn should be running right around 10K health and 120 resilience for the next play session and Krashenk will still be sitting at like 8K health and 30 resilience. And yeah I could re-enchant and regem some stuff but I don't have a lot of spare gear on Krash so it would be weakening my PvE gear which I don't really want to do right now (same with Marn).
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Sounds like fun. I think I might like to try some. What is the time commitment like? Anything less than an hour would be doable, anything more than that might be problematic with the wife.

D

Quote:I could potentially play this spec as healer protector, but since the sting is on a 2 minute cooldow and scatter shot is a 30s cooldown and only 4s of disorient I wouldn't be nearly as good at it.

I think this would require also using Vinnie on "O". One thing we didn't have last week was a definite offensive dispeller. That makes a huge difference due to the negation of so much healing. The difference in time it takes me to kill a decently geared blessed resilience spec priest solo vs. just having one person there doing NOTHING but purging off their instants is probably measured in minutes, not seconds.

Even snake trap + warstomp is good, as it lets the priest get a little away from the warrior. Priests need to practice learning the intercept range. With crippling on the warrior, it's possible to stay between intercept and melee range. Rogeus can do this by shivving crippling (low damage but he's not focus right now anyway) and the priest just kites in-between melee and intercept until he is forced to attack the rogue, then the rogue can vanish or evasion to reduce his incoming damage.

You're right hunter isn't as good, but we're at a rating where even a small amount of this kind of strategy will be the difference between 50 / 50 and 1500 ish rating and moving up into the 1600s.

Gear is important, but our strategies are not at all developed. Azzlea has pretty decent stam / resilience but was still going down quick. Strategy + team composition can get us another 100-150 rating I think, even as poorly geared as many of us are.
Quote:Sounds like fun. I think I might like to try some. What is the time commitment like? Anything less than an hour would be doable, anything more than that might be problematic with the wife.

Should be around an hour or so for 10 games, less if you have someone else who can take your "spot" partway through.
After having talked to several people I think I have come up with a happy medium for 5v5 rosters:

10 people on roster:
Conc
Vinnie
Acalan
Azzlea
Marn
Xarhud
Vreeslik
Saryn
Yuri
Kaydoll

Running 3 lineups for a couple weeks (Kaydoll will get offhand item) then drop to 2 lineups:
(MS - offensive dispel - heal - X - defensive disruption)

#1) Conc - Vinnie - Acalan - Saryn / Azzlea - Yuri
#2) Conc - Vinnie - Acalan - Saryn / Azzlea - Kaydoll
#3) Conc - Azzlea / Xarhud - Acalan - Vreeslik - Marn

Lineup #1 is a straight "ideal" 2345 lineup with the only differences that the priest won't have blessed resilience and the mage is not frost.
Lineup #2 is a slightly weaker variation because the rogue can't put any damage on the focus target while doing defensive disruption.
Lineup #3 is a variation of DOT gib. 4 DPS should do fairly well in the 1500-1600 range where we will probably end up until we have more practice together.

I'd appreciate any comments regarding this.
sounds good..now can we get a set time how does 9pm server Sundays sound?
Quote:Looking to play Monday at 8:30ST. I'm not looking for a competitive team, just people who want to score some arena points with the least amount of effort put in. Basicly, I want to win but am not taking it seriously enough to farm up all of the Warlords set and respec into a PvP spec. Just Kara gear and whatever I farm up at my leisurely pace. Max'ing the number of players on the team is also cool. That means we each play 5 games of the 10. The social aspects are more important. I'm really not expecting a high rating given the general PvP experiance of the group.

I have been gone for a week so I just now saw this thread.

I am very interested in the early group quest cleanup.

I am also interested in the PVP.

The proposed times on Monday work for me. Early time work better than later times for me.
<span style="color:orange">Doomhammer:
Melis -- 60 NE Druid
<span style="color:orange">Terenas:
Octord -- 70 U Warlock
Forgar -- 70 T Druid
Loregar -- 69 BE Hunter
Selyn -- 61 U Mage
Kevas -- 35 TR Shaman
Darklurker -- 24 U Priest
Ratoo -- 17 TR Priest

[Image: 738014xuSdJ.png]
Quote:sounds good..now can we get a set time how does 9pm server Sundays sound?
That would be fine for me.

A set time would be best for me because I much prefer to have a known time when I should show up rather than some less-specific interval like "Sunday Night." I have found that people will generally be on time to specific times, but they will do other things and likely be busy when others are ready if it is less specific. :)
-TheDragoon
9pm server sounds fine with me. Also, what's the standard PvP, blessed resiliance build? I'm more than happy to spec that for this:)

q

-=Terenas=-
Saryn - 70 priestess
Tacita - 70 mage

-=Stormrage=-
Raylyn - 21 Human Pries
Aesa - 60 Human Mage
Kirra - 39 Human Warrior
Kalb - 32 Dwarven Priest