Next Patch Kara-Warrior Gear Change
Quote:Ok, thanks. Is there a way to update items.csv myself, and if, how do you do it?
Yes, there is, but I have no idea how to locate the correct data to update it to. You would have to be able to peruse and understand the formatting of the .mpq file. The items.csv file is just a standard text file, comma separated (what .csv usually means). You can open it in notepad, or a spreadsheet program, and altering it would be trivial. Here is a sample line:

897,17011,4,2,9,0,2,Madwolf Bracers

The file has no headers, so I don't know what the specific numbers indicate, but I can speculate a little, the later 5 numbers appear to be flags, categories, classes, etc. with values in those fields possibly meaning 2 handed sword, plate, wrist, main hand, etc. type of data, with the earlier 2 numbers being a unique data ID that is part of the data just for this file, and the 2nd number is the actual "address", as it were, for the item in the .mpq. Remember, take this with a grain of salt here, as I pulled this out of my wazoo so the ... salt ... makes ... things like ... that ... taste ... better ... ? (Wow, I've really derailed here...)

To update this file manually,you'd need likely just need to change the 2nd number (possibly some of the others, depending on what they are) to the new value(s) to have the wowmodelviewer app show the proper model/skin when you selected the plate items. This is really just the theory here, as the actual work to do this is well beyond me, I'm only vaguely familiar with the concept.

Realistically, your best bet for an early updated items.csv (before the wowmodelviwer folks update theirs) file is to hang out in their forums (seems you have to register just to read) waiting for a bright fan to post their findings.

Warning: Just be wary about what you might download there, though a .csv file should be pretty safe, though some systems won't display known file extensions (so a file might be named items.csv.exe and show to you as items.csv) and that is a common practice among those looking to infiltrate someone else's system. This is a forum that will be used by WoW enthusiasts, so it will be targeted by people looking to steal your account info.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
Ok, thanks for the info. I think I'll wait for a .CSV update there;)

Tal, can you please post a detailed, full front view image of the new gear (a quality image with good front lighting)? I'd like to use it - with your permission - on the German WoW site. Thanks!

EDIT:

No image needed anymore - left side: the Clown patch 2.1.1, right side: Warrior gear patch 2.1.2:D

[Image: 3281.jpg]

"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller