Fun with 2.1
Quote:Yes. Which is totally wrong. The total of the +heal should be spread out among all the ticks of the renew, not applied to each individual tick.

Oh, right. I suspect the real answer is related to Improved DS though. With Imp DS, you will gain +healing from all of your spirit, not just the additional 50. This amount may be further modified by Improved Renew and Spiritual Healing. The math gets a bit complex then but it seems enough to bump up each tick of the Renew by 17ish (85 total).
Quote:
Code:
#showtooltip
/dismount [mounted]
/use [nomounted,outdoors] Great White Kodo/Tawny Windrider (Delete where applicable)
I've got this macro set up on two of my G15 keys, one for the kodo, the other for the windrider. The kodo macro I've had running flawlessly since the /dismount command was added (I think it was 1.12).

Yesterday I did a fair amount of pre-patch playing, and I was using either macro to dismount from my current mount, and it worked fine. Now, for some reason when I dismount using the "other" macro (i.e. Using the kodo to dismount from a windrider), I dismount and then try and mount up on the mount I pressed.

It wasn't happening before the patch, that's for sure.
That's because it automatically dismounts whenever you try to perform an action which you can't perform mounted (which apparently includes using a different mount). You can turn it off in the Interface options.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:You can turn it off in the Interface options.
Is there an option to turn it off entirely? The only option I see is to not auto-dismount while in flight. I have that turned off but still auto-dismount when on the ground.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:Is there an option to turn it off entirely? The only option I see is to not auto-dismount while in flight. I have that turned off but still auto-dismount when on the ground.
/console autoDismount 0 should do it
Quote:Is there an option to turn it off entirely? The only option I see is to not auto-dismount while in flight. I have that turned off but still auto-dismount when on the ground.

Now why would you go and do that? It's so much harder to chargebomb people when you have to manually dismount;)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Shadowfiends were given the power to be controlled directly by the Priest. They are now official pets with their own pet bar.

One ugly side effect is that when you summon one, it arrives in defensive mode and needs to be ordered to attack. Sure, if you get hit by something it will "defend" you and attack, but you may lose valuable seconds where the Shadowfiend stands around doing nothing.

Use this macro:

#showtooltip Shadowfiend
/cast [nopet] Shadowfiend
/petaggressive
/petattack

And Shadowfiend will work mostly like it did before - attack the target you cast it on. Difference is that now it'll keep attacking it instead of randomly wandering off onto another target, like my dumbass Shadowfiend did once against the Curator. "Oh look, a shiny Arcane Flare! Sure, Cleoboltra told me to attack the Curator, but why attack this evocating Curator guy when I can attack something way stronger?"

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Improved DS gives you +healing equal to 10% of your total spirit, which I imagine is rather higher than 50.

Ah I see what you're getting at. So with my 436 spirit (acc to armory), that would be +44 to healing with DS, and then add in around 50/4 = 12 for spiritual guidance incrementally with it on (it's a little more complicated but the end result is about the same).

It still seems to be a bit more than what I should be getting but that's getting closer.
Quote:Difference is that now it'll keep attacking it instead of randomly wandering off onto another target, like my dumbass Shadowfiend did once against the Curator. "Oh look, a shiny Arcane Flare! Sure, Cleoboltra told me to attack the Curator, but why attack this evocating Curator guy when I can attack something way stronger?"

Hmmm sounds familiar! I won't miss the old dumb shadowfiend... it seemed like a shackled target was a magnet for it!

Thanks for the macro, that looks very useful.
The Panda Cut has been buffed, and will now periodically rear up and perform a Battle Shout.

This falls into the "why'd they feel the need to change THAT?" category.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:/petaggressive
Is this necessary? Once the target is dead, doesn't this make the shadowfiend go looking for more targets, possibly aggroing more adds?
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:Is this necessary? Once the target is dead, doesn't this make the shadowfiend go looking for more targets, possibly aggroing more adds?
If a Priest casts Shadowfiend such that the current target (or group of targets) dies before the Shadowfiend's 15 seconds of life are over, the Priest screwed up anyway.

In other words, I wouldn't be using a Shadowfiend such that it would have the opportunity to aggro more adds, so that would never come into play. I want all 15 seconds worth of regen it provides, because that's so incredibly valuable.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:If a Priest casts Shadowfiend such that the current target (or group of targets) dies before the Shadowfiend's 15 seconds of life are over, the Priest screwed up anyway.
I'm actually asking because I want to use it with my water elemental. It is annoying that it doesn't always catch the first click to attack and stands there with its hands in its pockets. I just don't want it running off and grabbing adds before I can stop it.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Prayer of Mending now has a transit graphic: when you cast it on someone, a holy bolt flies from you to them. Also whenever it bounces to a new target, the holy bolt animation goes to them and the "ding" casting sound plays again. This is kind of cool but the sound can be rather repetitive.
Quote:Prayer of Mending now has a transit graphic: when you cast it on someone, a holy bolt flies from you to them. Also whenever it bounces to a new target, the holy bolt animation goes to them and the "ding" casting sound plays again. This is kind of cool but the sound can be rather repetitive.
No. The sound is perfect. The sound is glorious. I now live for this sound. It's the sweetest sound there is, hearing go "DING!" around the raid as it bounces. I was practically giggling with glee on our Curator kill last night listening to the glorious dings as it jumped around our Astral Flare-killing melee. It was even more fun with Netherspite, because you could then see the bolts flying around.

For the first time ever, I get to pew pew. I get to shoot bolts of holy power at someone and watch them bounce around to my group/raidmates. Shamans have been getting to do this for years; now it's my turn. And I love it. You can't miss those bolts of holy energy flying around the raid. They just look cool.

In other news, Masquerade Gown has now been fixed and buffed. It used to only have a 10% chance to proc on crits. Now it's about 10% proc on all casts. Combine this with Bangle of Endless Blessings, Improved Divine Spirit, Gift of the Wild, Blessing of Kings, and Spirit of Redemption's 5% spirit bonus, and I'm hitting 850+ spirit.

I got Innervated when that happened.

2570 mp/5.

I wet myself.

-Bolty
Quote:For the first time ever, I get to pew pew. I get to shoot bolts of holy power at someone and watch them bounce around to my group/raidmates. Shamans have been getting to do this for years; now it's my turn. And I love it. You can't miss those bolts of holy energy flying around the raid. They just look cool.

Funny my viewpoint of a boss fight tends to be cluttered with knees, ankles and wang.:(
Misdirect is broken in the patch.

Quote:This is a bug introduced with 2.1. Its very easy to reproduce. The bug is that only 2 out of the 3 shots will misdirect to your designated target. IF you shoot off the 3rd shot then ALL the aggro from the 3 total will go to the Hunter.

The only current workaround is for the hunter to shoot 2 times and stop, cancel the buff quickly, and resume DPS.

Try it on your pet. Shoot all 3 and watch the mob go right after you. Or, shoot twice and see it go to the pet.

From http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...105771865&sid=1

A follow-up post on it:

Quote:It's known and set to be resolved in a future patch, not all issues can be hotfixed.

From http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...105742100&sid=1
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
That... That sucks. We probably won't see another patch for another fortnight, and Misdirection is a key hunter raiding skill. Probably the only reason hunters get invited to raids these days.

Apparently, the bug was identified three weeks ago on the PTR, and yet still went live.

Edit: Continuing the theme of bugs, I decide to run a few quests. Showdown, and I Was A Lot of Things....

Big mistake.

I solo Showdown pretty well. Rexxar and his menagerie make a pretty good tank team. I'm not sure if keeping Rexxar alive is a requirement of the quest, but the one time I actually did manage to kill Goc (Complete with kiting and "oh#$%&thisistheonlydirectionavailabletometoruntoandthereisanelitemobinthedamnway") I didn't get the kudos. Which sucked. Especially considering the trouble we've been having with this quest (Prior to the server restarts/patch Rexxar was spawning on the other side of Gruul's Lair and getting stuck on a spire of rock leaving everyone twiddling their thumbs in embarassment in the middle of a stuck scripted sequence), I think I deserve my damn Malefactor's Eyepatch. But noooooooo.

And as for I Was A Lot Of Things... Kept blowing the whistle with boars in earshot, and the damn things weren't shifting. The mounds were then disappearing (By design, apparently). After about half an hour running this quest, I had collected a grand total of zero tubers. Once, a boar spawned right next to a mound when I blew a whistle and died instantly.

I'm afraid to quest now. There's no telling what they've screwed up.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Several times now on my flying mount I randomly get booted from the game, log back in immediately after and watch myself falling to my death for no apparent reason.

Unless you now get automatically dismounted whenever you logout, but that sounds a bit too far-fetched. It is REALLY annoying when trying to get to a raid or a long flight and you keep dying. ( I had to spirit rez twice today because my corpse was on an inaccessible spot as a ghost ).
Sucks:(
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
Quote:I solo Showdown pretty well. Rexxar and his menagerie make a pretty good tank team. I'm not sure if keeping Rexxar alive is a requirement of the quest, but the one time I actually did manage to kill Goc (Complete with kiting and "oh#$%&thisistheonlydirectionavailabletometoruntoandthereisanelitemobinthedamnway") I didn't get the kudos. Which sucked. Especially considering the trouble we've been having with this quest (Prior to the server restarts/patch Rexxar was spawning on the other side of Gruul's Lair and getting stuck on a spire of rock leaving everyone twiddling their thumbs in embarassment in the middle of a stuck scripted sequence), I think I deserve my damn Malefactor's Eyepatch. But noooooooo.

I'm afraid to quest now. There's no telling what they've screwed up.

Pre-patch you could complete this quest (if Rexxar wasnt already stuck) by running up to the totem in front of Goc as soon as you summoned him. That would prevent Rexxar from getting stuck. Afaik in order to get credit for the quest you need to either do more damage than Rexxar and his friends or let Rexxar die and get the killing shot (neither of which I could do solo). It wouldnt surprise me if it is still bugged though, it has been that way for many months.
Moors ~ Blood Knight, Terenas
Sinomin ~ Rogue, Terenas

I stab!
Quote:And Shadowfiend will work mostly like it did before - attack the target you cast it on. Difference is that now it'll keep attacking it instead of randomly wandering off onto another target, like my dumbass Shadowfiend did once against the Curator. "Oh look, a shiny Arcane Flare! Sure, Cleoboltra told me to attack the Curator, but why attack this evocating Curator guy when I can attack something way stronger?"

My experience with Shadowfiend is that the "old" shadowfiend was on defensive and would attack whatever HIT YOU LAST instead of your intended target.

Dumb indeed.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.