Fun with 2.1
Post funny/stupid things, and undocumented changes here...

#1: Anyone who logged out last night with a Flask of Distilled Wisdom buff on them got +2000 Int upon logging in. The patch changes the flask to a +int bonus (from a +mana bonus), but it didn't "recalculate" the number. So you're basically godlike for however long your flask timer is remaining...

#2: Rolling restarts just issued to fix disappearing items. Seems this happens every other patch or so.

#3: Apparently it is difficult to target mobs on the far side of a wall now.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Combat Log range can not be modified, it's restricted to the default 25 yards now.

:angry:
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:Combat Log range can not be modified, it's restricted to the default 25 yards now.

:angry:

Time to start synching your SWStats again... :lol:
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:#2: Rolling restarts just issued to fix disappearing items. Seems this happens every other patch or so.

It wasn't just disappearing items. It was items that were duplicating as well. :)

I made 10 elixir of major agility for my hunter on my alchemist (got a discovery doing it too). I mailed them.

I took them out on my hunter, when I zoned to get my pets respeced, I had 24 in my inventory (my 4 old ones, the 10 I got from the mail and 10 more). when I zoned back to Shatt I had 34 and 10 extra buzzard meat as well.

The extra pots were removed by the rolling restart. As soon as I saw that some of my items were duping themselves I knew a restart was going to happen because it meant someone was going to figure out how to control that duping that was going on for me by accident.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Unverified, but:

Surge of Light bug. If you activate Inner Focus after getting Surge of Light, all spells will be free until Surge of Light fades away. Because Inner Focus gives spells 25% more crit, there's a very big chance to get another Surge of Light and have the effect continue. So theoretically, if you have 75% (+25% from Inner Focus) chance to crit, you should be able heal with endless mana after getting one Surge of Light proc.

Good times. Reminds me a bit of the Divine Spirit bug a few months back where a Priest could cast Divine Spirit for free all they liked because it wouldn't remove Inner Focus after casting. Useful for buffing in raids.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
hidden chat channel - there appears to be a #1 chat channel that shoved all my chat channel setups back one :angry:but I can find no way to get rid of it - it doesn't appear in the list of channels and doing /chatlist gives 2 and up - I deleted my chat channels and logged and then came back and added channels back but it was still there - I thought about deleting the chat cache but I don't think that would fix it and I've got 20+ toons that I would have to redo individually to fix what the patch managed to do in one fell swoop - I HATE PATCH DAY! has there ever been one that didn't break something that should have been obvious in testing?
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:hidden chat channel - there appears to be a #1 chat channel that shoved all my chat channel setups back one :angry:but I can find no way to get rid of it
This is Blizzard's new LookingForGroup channel that only appears when you're using the LFG interface (/lfg). I've heard you can use the interface and then /leave the channel to reset your channel order, but I just moved my channels back by one anyway. I wish I didn't have to use the /lfg tool to see this channel.

Tip: if you use the same chat channel setup for multiple characters (positioning, colors, the works), you can copy the chat-cache.txt file from one "good" character to all the others.

Another tip: if you're seeing weird/buggy effects with items and item tooltips, clear out your cache files in your /cache/WDB/enUS folder under WoW.

In other news, repair costs have gone up for those with upgraded gear from the patch (epics), since the items have become more powerful. Heads up.

-Bolty
The chance of getting instagibbed by the Ascendants on Netherwing Ledge has increased 200% as they have taken special training from the Fel Reaver Ninja Club and their stealth-level is increased by 5.

^_^

Beware, they WILL kill you. Heh.
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
Quote:This is Blizzard's new LookingForGroup channel that only appears when you're using the LFG interface (/lfg).
That was what I thought it was but no combination of leaves and un-checks could make it go away. I ended up doing "/leave lurkers" since few people ever use that channel and it was my first channel so it backed the others down. Good tip on the chat-cache.txt file. I just looked inside it today to see if there was some hidden line there but it didn't dawn on me that the file could be copied to duplicate it to other toons. I might have to do that because I still want to try to get rid of the hidden channel. It irritates me that they limit the number of channels and then insist on stealing one of them.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:hidden chat channel - there appears to be a #1 chat channel that shoved all my chat channel setups back one :angry:but I can find no way to get rid of it - it doesn't appear in the list of channels and doing /chatlist gives 2 and up - I deleted my chat channels and logged and then came back and added channels back but it was still there - I thought about deleting the chat cache but I don't think that would fix it and I've got 20+ toons that I would have to redo individually to fix what the patch managed to do in one fell swoop - I HATE PATCH DAY! has there ever been one that didn't break something that should have been obvious in testing?
That rotten channel bugged me to no end. I am in 7 different channels normally (no trade, no general, no local or world defense channels) on all my characters. I've got them setup to show different colors and they've been the same numbers for probably over a year now. That damned hidden channel threw all of that off. I looked through the chatcache after I logged, and there was the LFG channel supposedly at the bottom, but the game forces it to number 1 slot instead. I manually removed it via chatcache, but it was still reserved in game. I couldn't just do my normal copy and paste because it wasn't showing up properly via chatcache either. I had unchecked the lfg channel by doing a rightclick on the chatwindow and taking it out that way, but it was still reserving that spot. I did the /leave lookingforgroup with it unchecked, still reserved. The only way that I could get rid of it was my popping open the lfg panel, selecting a dungeon (or a zone for the two characters who were only 10 and 11), and then typing /leave lookingforgroup. Just copying the chatcache over from one character that I had setup that way didn't work. I had to do it for every character, which annoyed me greatly, but at least I have my channels the way they're supposed to be now.
Intolerant monkey.
Code:
#showtooltip
/dismount [mounted]
/use [nomounted,outdoors] Great White Kodo/Tawny Windrider (Delete where applicable)
I've got this macro set up on two of my G15 keys, one for the kodo, the other for the windrider. The kodo macro I've had running flawlessly since the /dismount command was added (I think it was 1.12).

Yesterday I did a fair amount of pre-patch playing, and I was using either macro to dismount from my current mount, and it worked fine. Now, for some reason when I dismount using the "other" macro (i.e. Using the kodo to dismount from a windrider), I dismount and then try and mount up on the mount I pressed.

It wasn't happening before the patch, that's for sure.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Code:
#showtooltip
/dismount [mounted]
/use [nomounted,outdoors, flyable] Tawny Windrider; [nomounted, outdoors] Kodo

Try updating to that instead, it seems to be working for me, and it requires 1 less key.
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
Quote:
Code:
#showtooltip
/dismount [mounted]
/use [nomounted,outdoors, flyable] Tawny Windrider; [nomounted, outdoors] Kodo

Try updating to that instead, it seems to be working for me, and it requires 1 less key.
Doesn't really allow for mounting a land mount in Outland though.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

The functionality that the Insert and delete keys (permanent pitch change when flying or swimming) has been removed from the game as best as I can tell. They added that the sit command will make you do a temporary straight down while swimming/flying so it's the opposite of the space bar, but there appear to be no keybindings to do a permanent pitch change.

This annoys me because I'll start flying somewhere and get food or read forums or do something else and being able to tweak pitch with the autorun going without the mouse was rather nice. Now I have to use the mouse to make any permanent pitch changes.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Need to test this further, but at least according to the LCS Divine Spirit/Spiritual Guidance seems messed up. Anyone else seen this?

My renew was ticking for 682 w/o DS... 699 with. I should get .25 * 50 +heal from my extra 50 spirit, but it looks like I am getting more out of it than I should.

I didn't have time to test this properly but I seem to have been buffed more than I expect.

edit: Oh, and the armory totals are correct (or at least match in-game), but the mouseovers for the items still have the old unbuffed stats.
Quote:My renew was ticking for 682 w/o DS... 699 with. I should get .25 * 50 +heal from my extra 50 spirit, but it looks like I am getting more out of it than I should.

I see from the Armory that you have improved divine spirit.

In that case, you get 25% of 50 from SG, and 10% of 50 from imp DS, for a total of 17.5, which is equal to 699-682.
Detect Treasure lit up a gold dot on my minimap for the first time in Outlands since BC came out. So I cleared my way to the Bound Adamantine Chest and looted it. Heaver Leather, Greater Mana Potions, and Roast Quail :angry:
Huh, I thought Blizzard replaced all chests in Outland with random Elites some time after release.

They've covertly reintroduced chests?
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

Quote:I see from the Armory that you have improved divine spirit.

In that case, you get 25% of 50 from SG, and 10% of 50 from imp DS, for a total of 17.5, which is equal to 699-682.

Yes. Which is totally wrong. The total of the +heal should be spread out among all the ticks of the renew, not applied to each individual tick.
Quote:I see from the Armory that you have improved divine spirit.

Improved DS gives you +healing equal to 10% of your total spirit, which I imagine is rather higher than 50.